Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 PM
  #1
Moderator Manager

 
heaven85's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 108,676
David Cook - Moderator Opening Announcement - Possible Closure

Hi everyone!

We currently have two open moderator positions on this message board. If you become a moderator here, you'll be joining a great community who'll provide you a support network and add to the fun of being a moderator. If you'd like to apply for this position and if you have any questions about the requirements, please go to the Moderator Application Process - How to Apply & Questions Answered thread and follow the instructions to apply to be a moderator on this board.

Please note that the deadline to get applications in is 6:00 PM GMT on July 26th. If you don't receive a confirmation Private Message within 24 hours after you have emailed your application, please send a Private Message to Cátia.

Please note the following: If no qualified candidates apply to moderate this board, it will be closed. Every board here needs permanent moderators, and we can't have Moderator Support Team Members moderating any board indefinitely. Therefore, if no qualified candidates apply to moderate this board by the application deadline date, a closure notice will be posted on the board the Sunday following the application deadline date, and the board will be closed one week from when the closure notice is posted.

If the people that post on this board want it to remain here, then someone needs to step up and apply to moderate it.

Thank you, and good luck to everyone who applies!

[Moderator Opening Announcements will be closed and unstuck by a Moderator Manager.]
__________________
We belong together - Alek Petrov Chloe King

Visit the Fuller House Board. Season 3 Part 2 On Netflix now.
heaven85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:28 PM
  #2
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 363,837
Best of luck to those applying!

I'm so sad that both of you, Jas & Laura, are stepping down but you've both been around this board since the early days and have really kept this board afloat for the longest time and I commend you both for that. We've had such a fun time during the early days here but I understand your reasons for stepping down and I wish you both all the best.
__________________

The universe is calling...

dw | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:46 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Cereal Killer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 246,454
Thanks for posting this. I hope there will be someone willing to step up to moderate this lovely board. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm so sad that both of you, Jas & Laura, are stepping down but you've both been around this board since the early days and have really kept this board afloat for the longest time and I commend you both for that. We've had such a fun time during the early days here but I understand your reasons for stepping down and I wish you both all the best.
Thank you Lindsay. You're right, I personally have been here since the board was opened and I remember all the crazy, fun times. I'm immensely proud the board has reached the 10-year milestone. But now I feel like it's time to move on. I have new work commitments coming up which I want to concentrate on. That's why I hope we can find someone who's willing to take over the board. And if not, we had an amazing ride that I will never forget.
__________________
I'm a champion in this fight
I'm committed wrong or right
You can't stop me if you tried
I am Legend|| icon
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:39 AM
  #4
Moderator Support Team

 
Artemis's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 102,228
Good luck to everyone applying and to the future of the board.
__________________
"I'm Charmed."
jackie | icon BlackWhiteRose
{away July 15 - 23}
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM
  #5
Moderator Support Team

 
very close talking's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 209,010
Good luck!

And good luck to both Jas & Laura on their future endeavors. It’s so sad when both mods have to step down, but understandable as life, and other commitments, take presidence. I hope someone will step up and mod the board, but if not, y’all will be going out with a bang!
__________________
~Jessica~
Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Love.
July 10th - August 19th
very close talking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:52 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
broken melody's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic
This Is Us
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 205,827
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear you're both stepping down, Laura and Jas You've both done an amazing job moderating this board.

Good luck everyone! I really hope someone applies.
__________________
all we did and all we left undone
half was right, more was wrong
familiar steps still sing familiar songs
3/7 & 15/7
Ingrid
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:48 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Street Spirit's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 186,654
Much love to this board and to all of you.
Street Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:38 PM
  #8
Graphics Team Manager

 
calling me home's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 114,434
No This makes me sad. The two of you have been moderators here for as long as I remember & we can't lose another music/Idol board (let alone two). Completely understand why & how real life must come first. Made that awful decision myself earlier this year & its heartbreak, but you've got to do what's best for you. Best of luck with everything Laura & Jas

Good luck to everyone applying! I really hope that this board can continue on
If it doesn't, I invite anyone to come visit the David Cook thread on Kelly, even if its to continue discussing David as I wouldn't care as the love for David should continue in as many places as possible
__________________
they tell you to believe what they believe
is right, will you choose fight or flight

 the world's a bigger place than all the fear you face;
you're not a bird in a cage, you were born to fly away
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
calling me home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 AM
  #9
Fan Forum Star

 
Street Spirit's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 186,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
No This makes me sad. The two of you have been moderators here for as long as I remember & we can't lose another music/Idol board (let alone two). Completely understand why & how real life must come first. Made that awful decision myself earlier this year & its heartbreak, but you've got to do what's best for you. Best of luck with everything Laura & Jas

Good luck to everyone applying! I really hope that this board can continue on
If it doesn't, I invite anyone to come visit the David Cook thread on Kelly, even if its to continue discussing David as I wouldn't care as the love for David should continue in as many places as possible
Thank you. It has been a long time, hard to believe how long. It was hard, absolutely. (When I can I'll try to pop in at the Kelly even at the non-David related threads. I'm a Kelly fan too, she's awesome!)

And yes, if anyone out there wants to apply, I encourage you to!

Also, like Laura said, if no one applies then it's been an amazing ride. The only thing I wish is that I was here from the very beginning as well. I came in a little bit later. I'm happy I was here for as long as I have, though, and that I am here to see this board make it to 10 years, which is an amazing thing.
Street Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:39 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
Cereal Killer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 246,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
And good luck to both Jas & Laura on their future endeavors. It’s so sad when both mods have to step down, but understandable as life, and other commitments, take presidence. I hope someone will step up and mod the board, but if not, y’all will be going out with a bang!
Yeah, it’s time to focus on other things now. I hope that too and you are right, we made it to the big 1-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear you're both stepping down, Laura and Jas You've both done an amazing job moderating this board.
Thank you Ingrid, and thank you for your great support all these years too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
No This makes me sad. The two of you have been moderators here for as long as I remember & we can't lose another music/Idol board (let alone two). Completely understand why & how real life must come first. Made that awful decision myself earlier this year & its heartbreak, but you've got to do what's best for you. Best of luck with everything Laura & Jas

Good luck to everyone applying! I really hope that this board can continue on
If it doesn't, I invite anyone to come visit the David Cook thread on Kelly, even if its to continue discussing David as I wouldn't care as the love for David should continue in as many places as possible
I know, there aren’t too many music boards to begin with so a possible closure makes me sad about that too. Thanks for understanding though.

I hope so too and if not, thanks for the kind offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Also, like Laura said, if no one applies then it's been an amazing ride. The only thing I wish is that I was here from the very beginning as well. I came in a little bit later. I'm happy I was here for as long as I have, though, and that I am here to see this board make it to 10 years, which is an amazing thing.
You’ve been a part of it for the most part of that 10 years and we couldn’t have done it this far without you.


I just want to say that if there’s anyone who’s reading this and feels like they would like this board for the amazing artist that is David to go on, even if you’re just lurking, please do step up.
__________________
I'm a champion in this fight
I'm committed wrong or right
You can't stop me if you tried
I am Legend|| icon
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 PM
  #11
Graphics Team Manager

 
calling me home's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 114,434
You guys did amazing to get this board this far & keep it going. 10 years is awesome!



If you are lurking you could start posting now & there is plenty of time to show your dedication to the board before the deadline
__________________
they tell you to believe what they believe
is right, will you choose fight or flight

 the world's a bigger place than all the fear you face;
you're not a bird in a cage, you were born to fly away
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
calling me home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:44 AM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
Cereal Killer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 246,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
You guys did amazing to get this board this far & keep it going. 10 years is awesome!
Thanks so much. I am very proud of getting to 10 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
If you are lurking you could start posting now & there is plenty of time to show your dedication to the board before the deadline
Exactly! Now is the chance!
__________________
I'm a champion in this fight
I'm committed wrong or right
You can't stop me if you tried
I am Legend|| icon
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:27 AM
  #13
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

 
dancing in the rain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 193,008
Late posting here, but wanted to say I know this must have been hard for you both Laura and Jas Hopefully someone does apply, but if not, like everyone said, it's been a great run for this board
__________________
| ray
scott michael foster Join
join communications team
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:00 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
Cereal Killer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 246,454
Thanks Ray.
__________________
I'm a champion in this fight
I'm committed wrong or right
You can't stop me if you tried
I am Legend|| icon
Cereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:02 AM
  #15
Communications Team

 
unbreakable clarity's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 129,855
Good luck to everyone!
__________________
Happy Birthday ❤
[icon]
unbreakable clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.