Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2014, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

thank you so much

I love that video too, another fave song I'm so in love with his voice!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's also a fave of mine. 'Come Back To Me' is another fun video with the backwards thing. Oh, yes, you gotta love his voice. Bring on more new songs.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

love that one too, he looks so great

do we have a confirmation for a new album?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Uh oh, I wouldn't be able to survive that survivor.
Me neither so we should probably forget about it. xD

Quote:
To clarify, I would watch the performances online and then search a bit on the net then go back to video and play it again. I wasn't glued to the video for an hour straight but I definitely kept going back to the performances so I can listen again. David + Collective Soul was just such a good combo, right?
That's cool you kept watching the video! I usually don't have the patience to watch videos multiple times, also it makes surfing on other sites difficult. That's why I have all the performances as mp3's so I definitely meant listening to them. Oh yeah, totally agree about the combo, David couldn't have chosen a better song to end his Idol run.

Quote:
Would ISHFWILF be your top choice or would you rather hear another U2 song if you could choose?
It would be because it's always been my favorite U2 song, even before David covered it. How about you?

Quote:
He does, I honestly do feel that about him and it's one of the things I do love about him.
I agree 100 %.

Quote:
Ooh, I don't remember the group performances much at all, so I'll have to watch what I can find and hopefully come back with an answer. I wonder if it might end up being one of your two choices.
I don't remember them by heart either, that's why I looked at the Wikipedia article. Looking forward to your answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina_am (View Post)
thanks for adding me and for the welcome , guys!

yes, I love all his songs .. Let Me Fall For You, Come Back to Me, The Last Song I'll Write for You, etc., etc. all amazing! the videos too
You're welcome, nice to have you here! I'm Laura, BTW.

Oh, great choices! I love all those songs too, especially Let Me Fall For You. I like that you added etc. too, it's hard to decide on a favorite. And his music videos are great, my favorite is probably The Last Goodbye because of the story.

Quote:
His videos are great, I especially love the 'Fade Into Me' one. I'm watching it right now, I like the inclusion of clips of him performing on stage.
Me too, that video is special.

Quote:
I love that video too, another fave song I'm so in love with his voice!
His voice is so amazing, I could listen to it all day.

Quote:
It's also a fave of mine. 'Come Back To Me' is another fun video with the backwards thing. Oh, yes, you gotta love his voice. Bring on more new songs.
It was seriously so impressing how he learned the lyrics backwards for that video.

Quote:
do we have a confirmation for a new album?
He's been working on his next album for a long time, but there's no release date yet. However, the latest news was that there's gonna be new music later this summer. We don't know whether it's gonna be a single or the whole album but it's still very exciting.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the info Laura! can't wait for news soon I bet it will be something spectacular

IKR his voice is amazing and so addictive
Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! Yeah me neither, I hope get more details soon, like a release date etc. It will be totally amazing.

I so agree with you! His voice is perfection.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Me neither so we should probably forget about it. xD
We should do a survivor one day, but maybe something easier and less choices.

Quote:
That's cool you kept watching the video! I usually don't have the patience to watch videos multiple times, also it makes surfing on other sites difficult. That's why I have all the performances as mp3's so I definitely meant listening to them. Oh yeah, totally agree about the combo, David couldn't have chosen a better song to end his Idol run.
True about internet surfing. Sometimes l keep the video topped on the page, so when you browse around to different sites and pages, the video will still be pinned on the screen. I still get distracted though.

Now that's what I need to do one day, put some of my favorite covers as an mp3 in my ipod. I have a few like Rolling In the Deep, but I need more.

Quote:
It would be because it's always been my favorite U2 song, even before David covered it. How about you?
Oh, that's great that it's your favorite. I don't really have a favorite so I'm down for any song.

Quote:
I don't remember them by heart either, that's why I looked at the Wikipedia article. Looking forward to your answers!
I'll answer the question really soon, can't wait to answer all the other questions too.

Quote:
It was seriously so impressing how he learned the lyrics backwards for that video.
I'd like to know how he did that, thanks.

--

Quote:
thanks for the info Laura! can't wait for news soon I bet it will be something spectacular

IKR his voice is amazing and so addictive
I'm really looking forward to all the new music too. I like what you said about David's voice being addictive.

Last edited by Street Spirit; 07-22-2014 at 06:41 AM
Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
We should do a survivor one day, but maybe something easier and less choices.
Agreed. I think we were talking about his guitars at one point?

Quote:
True about internet surfing. Sometimes l keep the video topped on the page, so when you browse around to different sites and pages, the video will still be pinned on the screen. I still get distracted though.

Now that's what I need to do one day, put some of my favorite covers as an mp3 in my ipod. I have a few like Rolling In the Deep, but I need more.
How exactly do you do that? I'm interested, maybe I can do it too.

You definitely need to put them on your iPod.

Quote:
Oh, that's great that it's your favorite. I don't really have a favorite so I'm down for any song.
I'm sure he'd rock any U2 song!

Quote:
I'll answer the question really soon, can't wait to answer all the other questions too.
I can't wait either.

Quote:
I'd like to know how he did that, thanks.
He's just awesome like that.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think we need to get this documented here too.

So it all started when Caleb Johnson, the winner of AI S13, claimed he's the first real rocker to win AI. In a recent interview with Yahoo when their reporter Lyndsey Parker suggested that David rocked pretty hard, Caleb said "David Cook... he's like pop rock. He never really did stuff like Zeppelin or Rush. He was more so, like... alternative? Or pop rock stuff."

(The interview is here. I don't know the spot where Caleb said this because I haven't watched it. )

At his show in Kokomo, IN, on Saturday night (August 16) David called Caleb out:

Rock 'n Roll & Whole Lotta Love Kokomo - YouTube

David said: "I read somewhere that somebody said that I wasn't really rock. I read that. So, we're going to do this next song in an attempt to prove him wrong. Because I would like to think that we are not any one thing."

(The song he noodles a bit of the guitar riff from is Bill Withers 'Use Me'.)

"That's the only part of the song we know. But we can play the entire part of this next song."

And then he does his awesome Rock 'n' Roll/Whole Lotta Love medley which ROCKED as usual!

After the performance David said "So, if you see that person... I guess let him know." I love the chuckle. (The YT video cuts off before this comment but you can hear it here @ 16:06.)

What I love about this is that David did this without naming any names (although people who have been following Idol news, know he was talking about Caleb). He wasn't mean, but adorbs and self-deprecating while doing it, as usual business. And it's not like he cares about being the first rocker winner of AI. But saying he isn't rock is just silly because David has rocked before, during and after Idol, and continues to do so (just think about all the great rock bands he's covered brilliantly, plus his own rock songs from his pre Idol and post Idol albums). And I loved him saying he'd like to think he's not any one thing. Because versatile is the word I would use to describe him. He can do ANYTHING, and rock is one of those things for sure!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 08-17-2014 at 10:04 PM
Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Support for David:

Quote:
Bo Bice ‏@OfficialBoBice
Amazing what some folks will say after a few months of shimmer isn't it @thedavidcook ⁉️U R not only rock, Ur a rockin spirit brother✌️❤️🙏
6:43 AM - 19 Aug 2014
Aw, I love that Bo has always got David's back. (Those smilies are the victory sign and praying hands. Original tweet)
Old 11-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's an outstanding performance of 'Wicked Game' from Saturday (Nov 1). That long sustained note in the end! (I also really love his guitar playing here - he used to play the keyboards when he first started performing this song.)

Wicked Game - David Cook @ Amaturo Theater 11.01.2014 - YouTube

How is not this man a superstar????
Old 11-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

David Cook does it again! He performed a new cover 'Separate Ways' by Journey at his shows in Orlando, FL on Friday Nov 7 and again in Clearwater, FL on Saturday Nov 8:

Separate Ways (Journey cover) - David Cook @ Epcot's Eat to the Beat (Day 2, Set 3) - YouTube

This one is slightly partial but it has better audio and is more closeup:

Separate Ways David Cook 11/07/14 Epcot Food and Wine - YouTube

And the 2nd time:

David Cook, Separate Ways cover Clearwater, FL 11/08/14 - YouTube

This one has the entire banter in the beginning:

David Cook - "Separate Ways" w/banter - Cleaterwater, FL - 11/8/14 - YouTube

Another great closeup:

Separate Ways (deux) David Cook 11/08/14 Capitol Theater - YouTube

DAMN! I love this so much! He totally kills the song, it hits the sweet spot of his voice perfectly! And to think that he had a sore throat the second night he did this and he still nailed it. And I love love LOVE that he's playing the lead guitar on this, it sounds fing excellent!

Mr. Cook,

!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

All the awards is right! I watched two of the videos so far. Amazing vocals, energy, song choice/cover, and I love the guitar action.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Give him all the awards of the world, now! I totally agree with you! It is all so perfect, his voice sounds amazing, that is the perfect song for him, the intensity and energy of his vocals, and his guitar playing is excellent, I love it so much too!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really is a perfect song choice. It's a song of theirs that he could cover that, like you said, he could bring the high intensity and energy on stage. He's going at it on that guitar.