Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I killed the thread.

Well, I'll try to revive it and answer these questions from the previous page that weren't answered yet...

What song from David's self titled album would you like a studio (acoustic) version of? Probably Avalanche or Heroes.
If you had to evacuate your house right away, what are three things you'd grab on the way out? My phone, mp3 player and purse.

Do you think you'll ever get another username?
If you could have a crossover between two TV shows what would they be?
Out of all your fandoms, how high does David rank?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Those are great questions, Mel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
So sorry! I confused everyone. I will stop answering questions and go away now.
None of that, you better get your butt back here soon! Thanks for answering all the questions.

It's great that you've been to a lot of great concerts. So many great artists you've listed. My favorites from your list being Bon Jovi, Counting Crows, Carrie Underwood, Goo Goo Dolls. Hope you get to see Matchbox 20, Adele, and Dave Matthews Band one day. Also, you and I have the same favorite color and I love your answer to the mod question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I think I killed the thread.
You didn't, I'm sorry for not posting in here sooner. I think things got a little mixed up because questions were answered, but new questions weren't posted. Thanks for bringing this back to life.

Avalanche and Heroes would make beautiful acoustic versions. And I like your answer to what you'd bring! I'd bring my pets, my picture albums, and my computer if possible.

Do you think you'll ever get another username? No, I doubt I'll be changing mine anymore. I am wholly satisfied with my current username.
If you could have a crossover between two TV shows what would they be? 'Skins' and 'The Walking Dead'! As this amazing gif set demonstrates.
Out of all your fandoms, how high does David rank? Right at the top, pretty darn high! It's climbed even higher since I've joined this board.

What holiday, if any, do you most look forward to most and why?
What three Axium songs would you love to see David bring back to life and perform on stage?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The list of artists Nikki has seen is really impressive! She's lucky having been able to go to so many concerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
You didn't, I'm sorry for not posting in here sooner. I think things got a little mixed up because questions were answered, but new questions weren't posted. Thanks for bringing this back to life.
Aw, thanks dear. Mixups happen, I guess. Hopefully Nikki will come back!

Quote:
Avalanche and Heroes would make beautiful acoustic versions. And I like your answer to what you'd bring! I'd bring my pets, my picture albums, and my computer if possible.
Acoustic verisons of those songs would be totally awesome, I'm sure. And that's a great list of stuff to bring! Which reminds me that I totally forgot about my computer. xD I would bring it, not my purse. *goes to edit*

Quote:
Do you think you'll ever get another username? No, I doubt I'll be changing mine anymore. I am wholly satisfied with my current username.
If you could have a crossover between two TV shows what would they be? 'Skins' and 'The Walking Dead'! As this amazing gif set demonstrates.
Out of all your fandoms, how high does David rank? Right at the top, pretty darn high! It's climbed even higher since I've joined this board.
Your username is awesome, don't change it. And that gif set looks great, definitely makes you think a crossover between those two shows could work.

Big for David ranking at the top! This board definitely plays a big part for me too.

What holiday, if any, do you most look forward to most and why? I always look forward to Christmas because it's my favorite holiday. Only 4 months to go.
What three Axium songs would you love to see David bring back to life and perform on stage? Oh, this is a tough one! I'd have to have Leave Behind and Feed Your Ego. And maybe... Clean Break!

Do you have any other current obsessions?
Have you ever cried over a fictional character(s)?
What three Axium songs would you love to see David bring back to life and perform on stage?

(Sorry, I had to steal the last one. )
Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
The list of artists Nikki has seen is really impressive! She's lucky having been able to go to so many concerts.
It's so impressive, I'm very happy she got to see some really great acts. More to come, hopefully.

Quote:
Aw, thanks dear. Mixups happen, I guess. Hopefully Nikki will come back!
Hope so! Mel too. <3

Quote:
Acoustic verisons of those songs would be totally awesome, I'm sure. And that's a great list of stuff to bring! Which reminds me that I totally forgot about my computer. xD I would bring it, not my purse. *goes to edit*
Maybe you can put your laptop in your purse and bring both! I guess you need a pretty big purse though.

Glad you love the username! I really love yours too, don't think of changing yours either.

A crossover would be amazing. I'd love it so much. Actually, Skins did do a zombie mini episode (it was dream), but for different characters.

Do you have any other current obsessions? Not really, nothing new anyway. Just the usual. David especially.
Have you ever cried over a fictional character(s)? I have, yes. Many times when I'm watching a sad film or reading a sad part of a book or fanfic. Jack sinking into the water in 'Titanic', I never fail to tear up.
What three Axium songs would you love to see David bring back to life and perform on stage? This really is a tough one, wow. Um, 'The Finish Line' (I just love this song, I can see him doing this acoustically and it being so lovely), definitely 'Feed Your Ego' because it's just awesome, and maybe 'Whipped'. I've been loving this song a lot lately, even more than 'Me', 'Somber', and some other great songs. It's becoming a fave. Very rockin'.

What musical or musical turned film would you love to see David play a part in?
Have you ever enjoyed a remake or a TV show or film that you enjoyed as much or more than the original?
Have you discovered any new music recently?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe you can put your laptop in your purse and bring both! I guess you need a pretty big purse though.
Haha, I think I actually may have a purse big enough to carry my laptop.

Quote:
Glad you love the username! I really love yours too, don't think of changing yours either.
Thanks. Don't worry, I won't.

Hope you get your Skins/Walking Dead crossover one day!

David is the best obsession to have. And those are great choices of Axium songs! Any of them would do, it would be really awesome if he ever performed even one Axium song.

Aw, I always cry when I watch Titanic too.

What musical or musical turned film would you love to see David play a part in? I'm not really familiar with musicals, sorry. I know my favorite musical film is Moulin Rouge but that was never originally a play so I don't know if it counts. xD David as Christian would be awesome though.
Have you ever enjoyed a remake or a TV show or film that you enjoyed as much or more than the original? Hm, can't think of any at the moment. In fact I can't even think of any remakes. xD Well, except for one that I enjoyed immensely but I never saw the original so it probably doesn't count. (The Departed)
Have you discovered any new music recently? I found this!

What's your most prized possession?
What's the most random TV show you watch?
How probable do you think David making a covers album is?
Old 09-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Haha, I think I actually may have a purse big enough to carry my laptop.
Oh good! Make sure to have that handy, lol.

A Skins/Walking Dead crossover won't happen but there is a zombie fic out there and that's close enough. It's pretty good good.

Obsession, truthfully, is a strong word. But there really is nothing better than loving David and his music. A big yes to David performing an 'Axium' song! It doesn't matter which one, I love them all.

Titanic just kills you. I blame that Celine song too, it just messes with your emotions.

I'd count Moulin Rouge. I love the thought of David as Christian. For me, my first thought was 'Rent'. I guess Adam would be the best fit. Maybe Mark, he can wear his glasses.

The Departed was great! Honestly, I can't think of any remakes/originals either. I ran out of question and that just came to me.

Thanks for the link to that music you discovered. Listening to the song now, it sounds good! I like it. I'll have to check out more of their stuff.

What's your most prized possession? My car. Even though it's about to die on me. It is a lifeline, can't get anywhere here without a car.
What's the most random TV show you watch? Antiques Roadshow. I like watching people bring in their possessions, a lot of which are antiques, and get a brief history behind them and watch the owners light up with they tell them much it's worth.
How probable do you think David making a covers album is? 05%? I feel like it's not that high. But I guess you never know!

What is your favorite thing to munch on at a movie theater?
Have you ever been part of a run/walk marathon event? If not, would you want to?
What three musicians and/or groups would have been on your list of dream possibilities for David to perform with during the AI finale?

Last edited by Street Spirit; 09-29-2012 at 05:41 AM
Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that's cool about the fic, enjoy it!

Okay, how about "a strong interest and affection" instead of obsession? And it would be epic if he ever performed an Axium song, sadly I don't think it's gonna happen.

I blame Leo dying.

I have to admit I'm not familiar with Rent at all.

The Departed is one of my favorite Leo movies! Well, it was a good question about remakes. And no problem about the link!

I can understand how a car can mean much to a person. Antiques Roadshow sounds interesting! The most random show I watch is probably Mythbusters.

And yeah, I guess it's not very likely that David ever makes a cover record. Maybe if he needs some money. xD

What is your favorite thing to munch on at a movie theater? Popcorn or candy.
Have you ever been part of a run/walk marathon event? If not, would you want to? Well, not a marathon. But a shorter distance.
What three musicians and/or groups would have been on your list of dream possibilities for David to perform with during the AI finale? Oh wow. Well, Foo Fighters obviously! And Bon Jovi OBVIOUSLY. And Bruce Springsteen of fing course.

Are you fond of children?
If you had to chose between your cell phone or your iPod, which would you chose?
Do you think you'll still be a fan of David 10 years from now?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

'A strong interest and affection' makes us sound more sane, lol.

I don't have sentimental feeling towards my car and it's not 'prized', so it's not the best answer to your question, but it's a necessity.

I think I've seen a few eps of 'Mythbusters', it's good! You know I love 'The Departed' too. Maybe you can check out the Rent Soundtrack one day.

Yeah, maybe not a cover record but he'll always cover songs to perform. At least we'll have that.

Even a shorter distance is a nice thing. If I ever get in better shape, I'd love to jog one, one day.

Great, great choices on musicians. Any of those three with David would be out of this world.

Are you fond of children? Maybe fond is not the right word but they're okay. The ones related to me anyway.
If you had to chose between your cell phone or your iPod, which would you chose? Ipod, hands down! I actually only use my cell phone when I really have to.
Do you think you'll still be a fan of David 10 years from now? Yes, for sure. I doubt that will change.

What is your most played 'Axium' song and 'Analog Heart' song?
Is there any movie you're looking forward to seeing this year?
Do you think you'll still be a fan of David 10 years from now?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad you like the sound of that more.

Mythbusters is great entertainment! I'll keep my eyes open for 'Rent'.

Yeah, I think we can count on him doing lots of great covers at his shows in the future. Which is awesome.

BTW, I walked at the event. But I agree, it would be nice to jog if I was in better shape, too.

I know right? They would all seriously blow my mind. I may not survive the epicness.

I know what you mean about children. I like them too but I definitely find my crumbs easily the cutest. And it'd be a hard choice for me between my mp3 player and phone, I mean I love my music but I think I need my phone to live. Good that you could choose.

Big for that David answer!

What is your most played 'Axium' song and 'Analog Heart' song? I don't have accurate data but I'm sure my most played AH song is definitely Searchlights. My most played Axium song is probably Feed Your Ego. Or Leave Behind.
Is there any movie you're looking forward to seeing this year? Yes, The Hobbit.
Do you think you'll still be a fan of David 10 years from now? Oh definitely! At least if he keeps putting out music. Of course he stops and disappears from the public eye forever, it may be hard to hold the interest. But as long as he keeps making music, I'll be there.

If you could get teleported anywhere right now, where would it be?
What is your most played 'Axium' song and 'Analog Heart' song?
Would you change anything about David if you could?

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 10-07-2012 at 09:34 PM
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really is a good thing about David and covers. Can't wait to see what he surprises us with next. Hope you enjoy the 'Rent' soundtrack if you ever check it out. (I recommend the soundtrack or live DVD over the movie)

I understand a cell phone being very important for a lot of people for sure. Gotta keep contact, do business, etc. And most cell phones have an mp3 player in it so music can still be played!

Glad you like my David answer. And about the jogging, we'll both just have to get in shape asap. Me more than you.

I saw the trailer for 'The Hobbit'. It looks good! Have you read the book? We both seem to have 'Feed You Ego' as our most played.

I really can't see you ever losing interest in David, even stops making music. We'll be there to listen to the old stuff forevermore.

If you could get teleported anywhere right now, where would it be? Right at the top of Mount Roraima. Look how beautiful that is. I'd just sit there and admire being so high/the view.
What is your most played 'Axium' song and 'Analog Heart' song? 'Feed Your Ego' is most played, then 'Red Hot'. Most played 'Analog Heart' song is 'Don't Say A Word' and 'Porcelain'.
Would you change anything about David if you could? I'd change his tours/shows to go to certain places. If you know what I mean. Other than that? No. I like him as he is.

If you could get teleported anywhere right now, where would it be?
Which David songs do you think would sound the best as an instrumental?
Is there a song that you wish David would have sang again for the AI finale (like Billie Jean, Always Be My Baby, etc)?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't wait either! And thanks for the recommendation.

I don't use my phone for listening to music but it's the only way to contact my family and friends nowadays.

I haven't read The Hobbit (I haven't even read LOTR xD) but I'm still gonna watch the movie. Feed Your Ego is such a cool song it's no wonder it's our most played.

Yeah, I suppose I'll always listen to his old music even if he never releases anything new. I just really love it so much. And I know you do too!

Wow, that mountain looks amazing. It would be mind-blowing to be there! Your most played are all good songs! Although like we both mentioned, I'm surprised to see 'Red Hot' there. Haha, I would change David's tour stops too. But other than that he's perfect just the way he is.

If you could get teleported anywhere right now, where would it be? Paris or London.
Which David songs do you think would sound the best as an instrumental? There are actually instrumental versions of his AH and TLM songs available on YT. I'll have to listen to them again. But I think for example 'The Truth' sounded pretty awesome as an instrumental.
Is there a song that you wish David would have sang again for the AI finale (like Billie Jean, Always Be My Baby, etc)? No, I'm happy about the approach he took and sang a completely new song instead. I can't imagine not having TWIK in our lives.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
What song can make you happy when you're feeling sad?
Which David songs do you think would sound the best as an instrumental?
Is there a song that you wish David would have sang again for the AI finale (like Billie Jean, Always Be My Baby, etc)?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

And yeah, that mountain really is amazing. You should transport yourself there too if you have the chance so we can see it together.

Hope you always contact with your friends and family. That's what great about cell phones, everyone has one now so we're all a phone call away.

Same here, heh. I do have the LOTR on my Kindle but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I'm not in a rush since I've watch the films already. Yeah, FYE is an amazing Axium song.

We'll always be listening to David's music, old or new.

Glad we both have the same answer about tour stops. I would be so happy for you if you could ever see him live.

Paris and London seem like amazing places! I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower. And I love what you choose for the David instrumentals. (I'll have to check out any instrumentals on youtube soon)

What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor. But don't we all say that?
What song can make you happy when you're feeling sad? Jump In / High Places. (It's just a fun song!)
Which David songs do you think would sound the best as an instrumental? Permanent would be gorgeous, maybe Paper Heart/Goodbye To The Girl/Rapid Eye Movement.
Quote:
I like your answer and I'd pretty much concur with you that I like what David did on the show. 'The World I Know' was especially perfection.

Do you have a favorite David gif or photo set from tumblr?
Which three Axium songs would you choose for David to add into his future shows?
Since the holidays are coming up, what is your favorite thing(s) to eat during the holidays?

Last edited by Street Spirit; 11-02-2012 at 12:45 PM
Old 11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish we could transport ourselves to where ever we want.

I really can't see myself stopping loving David's music. So glad we'll always have it to listen to any time of the day.

Same for you! I hope one day we both get to see him live. It'll be an amazing experience for sure.

Paris and London are amazing. You have to visit the Eiffel Tower if you go.

I like your choices for instrumentals too! I actually thought about REM or Circadian after I had already answered. They have such beautiful instrumentation going on.

I guess everybody wants to be a doctor, I did too. And I need to check that song out!

I'm glad you agree with me about David singing TWIK on AI.

Do you have a favorite David gif or photo set from tumblr? I don't think I have a favorite, there are so many awesome ones. Here's one I've been looking at lately. He's too adorable.
Which three Axium songs would you choose for David to add into his future shows? Feed Your Ego of course! And Leave Behind and probably Clean Break.
Since the holidays are coming up, what is your favorite thing(s) to eat during the holidays? Chocolate, naturally. Other than that I love the side dishes, like peas and potatoes and all the casseroles we have.

Name 3 (give or take) songs that move you.
Your room/apartment: messy, clean or somewhere in the middle?
What is your ultimate dream in life?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Getting to listen to David anytime we want is a major plus for sure.

You know where we should transport ourselves? To a David concert. It reallly would be an amazing experience. I'll take our advice about the Effiel Tower! I need a picture next to it, it's on my bucket list.

Here's a link to Jump In/High Places, a little quirky song. I'm not sure if you'll like it as much as me since it has that Skins link for me.

Quote:
I'm glad you agree with me about David singing TWIK on AI.
How could I ever disagree with you about that?

-----

Aww, Laura, the link to that gif set is not working anymore. I can't see it.

Great, great choices as far as those Axium songs go! I'll have to think about mine.

I'm never really tried a casserole but I do love potatoes. Mashes potatoes are my fave. With you on chocolate!

Name 3 (give or take) songs that move you. Damn, hard one. I think I might have to think about this more and come back to it. Permanent jumps out at me as far as David goes, though!
Your room/apartment: messy, clean or somewhere in the middle? Middle. I keep things usually neat but I'm not a neat freak. I throw shoes everywhere and the bed is rarely made these days.
What is your ultimate dream in life? Settle down with the love of my life.

(Stealing this question) Name 3 (give or take) songs that move you.
Do you have a quote you really love from one of David's written interviews?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, our posts always get so long, don't they?

Hopefully one day both of us get to go to a David concert! And thanks for the song link, listening to it now.

I know, the gif set link hasn't worked for quite some time, I don't remember what kind of set it was anymore.

More stuff to talk about in the Axium thread! I should write these all down and then finally bump it.

Permanent is a very moving song! Hopefully you can think about it more and let me know.

I never make my bed either. xD And that's a great dream to have.

Name 3 (give or take) songs that move you. Lately 'Shake It Out' by Florence + The Machine just speaks to me. Carrie has several songs that I can't seem to listen to without crying, like 'Forever Changed', 'Temporary Home', 'Jesus Take The Wheel'. And of course 'Permanent' by David.
Do you have a quote you really love from one of David's written interviews? I have tons! From the recent ones I really loved this: "I'm a guitar player – I'll always be a guitar player – so I'm not putting the guitar down." And I've always loved this one: "I don't want the celebrity to affect me; I just want to make music. I just like playing music." I had that in my sig for the longest time.

(More stealing. ) Do you have a quote you really love from one of David's written interviews?
Was there an AI contestant you would have liked to have a board for that doesn't have one?