Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Because the music just isn't enough?

But the OP is gorgeous, one of our bests for sure.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe we could take turns talking about each song? Or fave lyrics and why we like, or why it's not our fave? Hmm...
Visit DCook & AI
Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've actually been thinking that after we're done (or why not simultaneously too) with the AI re-watching, we could do a similar thing with the AH songs. So basically what you said.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cuz we're on the same waaavelength babe!

No reason we can't do it at the same time.. it's mostly just us doing it anyway XD
Visit DCook & AI
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I suppose we can do it at the same time. But not yet, I need to post in the AI thread first. xD
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No rush... I'm watching AI anyway... I can't think.
Visit DCook & AI
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm watching it too if you can tell by the breaks in my posting.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw this same thing done with DCTR too, these are instrumental versions of AH songs with the main vocal track removed:

YouTube - consumedbywords's Channel

I listened to Searchlights and Makeover (them being my faves ), pretty cool. Although you can still hear the vocals on Makeover for some reason. Gotta listen to the rest of them too, it's interesting.

ETA: The Truth is really gorgeous.

ETA2: Ok, they are ALL gorgeous. Listen to them!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 05-06-2009 at 11:23 PM
Old 05-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Another historical moment, Dave singing Silver!

YouTube - Silver

Chills all over! The song sounds better live than I could have ever imagined. His vocals are almost haunting and this just emphasizes what a beautiful, meaningful song it is (even when he seems to be struggling to remember the lyrics at one point ) and what a masterpiece AH is! I absolutely love the instrumentation on this one, the band did an amazing job. And obviously they have practiced it together, so maybe we have hope of hearing more AH songs in the future. If I'm this excited about Silver which isn't even my favorite track on the album, I can't even imagine what hearing Searchlights would do to me.

Couldn't love AH more! I am so happy he gets to sing these songs to the world now and how awesome is that crowd singing along?! I hope he includes more tracks besides SA on the setlist permanently.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

I just remembered how I had never come here after he did Silver!

Seriously.. it was so awesome! And the crowd singing along Priceless!
I think during the tour people showed soooo much love for AH songs... and he sang bits of The Truth and Silver, plus did SA many times... that I'm hoping David and the guys know how much we'd love to listen to those songs and add some (or all ) to the new leg of the tour!!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay, someone else posting here! I was like seriously, no one cares he did Silver, no one loves AH anymore?

I loved the crowd singing along too (and I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in the tour thread since I didn't do it here )! It was such a great moment, I'm gonna watch it again.

Quote:
I think during the tour people showed soooo much love for AH songs... and he sang bits of The Truth and Silver, plus did SA many times... that I'm hoping David and the guys know how much we'd love to listen to those songs and add some (or all ) to the new leg of the tour!!
I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for this! Seriously, I NEED to hear more of these performed live. As great as SA is, I want other songs too. I know it's one of his fave songs of his own but I was just tonight thinking about somehow asking him that why the hell don't you appreciate Searchlights more, it's one of your most ingenious composition and writing ever, dammit. But I would gladly take other songs too and I hope you're right that the extremely positive feedback from the crowds finally makes him add some new AH songs to the new leg of the tour.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Oh... I care! I care a lot! I think I missed the thread... and for some reason I remembered it tonight!

I have it on my mp3... I love to listen to it. Even if it's just part of it... it's awesome!
I like that at some point you can see Neal smile because of the crowd reaction.

Yeah... SA is one of his favorites and it seems to be really cool live... but seriously David, you wrote Searchlight, share that amazing song with the world live... please?!
The thing is that most people ask for Let Go, The Truth and Silver. I think these are the top 3... so he may not be aware we're dying to listen to Searchlight! Can Neal include it in the setlist??!
I'd love to listen to those three though... and I think Let Go live would be killer! Like seriously... I can't understand why Neal says No to that one.

To be honest, anything AH would make me happy. I just have my preferences
Old 06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I can understand that, it happens to me too sometimes.

I don't have the mp3 but I should probably get it. And I didn't have a chance to watch the video again yet, I'll have to keep an eye on Neal.

Yep, they definitely ask for Silver and especially The Truth which is the fan favorite for some reason. But peeps! Dave! Searchlights! EPIC WIN!! I honestly think it's one the best songs he's ever written and certinly the most complete, perfected, brilliant song on AH. It would be a hit if it could be released. Neal, add it if Dave's too oblivious to.

I would really love Let Go too, it would seriously rock! Neal doesn't wanna add it, maybe he doesn't wanna do either the solo or the feedback in the end? xD That doesn't make sense though. Boys, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Quote:
To be honest, anything AH would make me happy. I just have my preferences
To be honest I feel the same way. My other preferences include Makeover and Porcelain like I've previously mentioned.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

I think Neal may be kidding when he says No. LOL He likes to rock that guitar... and that's the one song he'd rock the most (let go, that is).
I think live that song would just be too much awesomeness, and I'm really surprised they're not using it. Honestly... big fail! LOL

And Searchlights... that's just pure love!
I think with so many dates they could throw every song here and there... lol. Sounds like such a good idea to me
Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, you'd think he'd love an opportunity to really work his guitar on that one, again. He's actually literally said no? Tsk tsk Neal. It would definitely be one of the most epic numbers ever!

Word on Searchlights! It's LOVE LOVE LOVE. And throwing it here and there sounds a damn good idea to me too. They have to do it! I'm counting on you boys. xD