Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Oh my. Thanks for the still.

Donna
Old 06-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and thank you for the poster.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 08-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Mountain Men Facebook Page

Quote:
Welcome to the Not So Great Outdoors! Post a picture of your #WildernessFail with the hashtag #NotSoGreatOutdoors for a chance to win a Marmot prize pack and tickets to the Vancouver Premiere at Vancity Theatre August 28
I want the movie to come here to the states.

Donna
Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Mountain Men's Chace Crawford considers questions of manhood | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
Masculinity takes a hit in the other fine Canadian film opening this week.

Mountain Men tells the story of two brothers reuniting in Revelstoke for their mother’s wedding. Hometown boy Topher is well into his extended adolescence, while the younger Coop is trying to make a go of things in New York. Both live in the shadow of a rugged but mysteriously deceased father. As played by Tyler Labine and Gossip Girl vet Chace Crawford, Topher and Coop are also too keenly aware of each other’s failures and weaknesses.

“I’ve heard it a few times from people who’ve said they have a brother and they picked up on things from our relationship, which is the biggest compliment,” Crawford told the Straight at last year’s Whistler Film Festival. “We obviously got along off-set, but to have that rapport? When I saw it, I said, ‘Yeah, that’s good.’ ”
In real life, the Dallas, Texas–raised actor has a younger sister, but he relates to Cooper’s discomfort inside the film’s fictional family system.

“I love spending time at home, but in some ways I was the black sheep of the family,” he said. “I got in trouble as a kid. My sister was in honour council, but I sure wasn’t.”

The 30-year-old actor said he’s no less familiar with Coop’s sense that he falls short of real manhood—whatever that is.

“I do not, technically, feel like I’ve arrived. I feel like I’m evolving towards that, hopefully. But the question of masculinity? I feel that when I’m married with kids, then I’m a man,” he said.

Mountain Men begins its run at the Vancity Theatre on Friday (August 28)

Donna
Old 08-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Mountain Men Video

Quote:
Exclusive Clip: 'You fed me Pot Cookies?!" Chace Crawford and Tyler Labine play brothers high in the mountains and low on luck in the #NotSoGreatOutdoors

Donna
Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the links and article.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford returns with new film and TV miniseries | Toronto Star | The Times

Quote:
Chace Crawford is again. Let the gossip start.

The man who turned well-known ais beginning this fall with a one-two punch of exercise that guarantees to put him entrance and centre in everybody’s consciousness as soon as once more.

This weekend, his newest film, Mountain Males, hits Toronto and on the finish of the month, you’ll be able to catch him on CTV and ABC within the new miniseries, Blood and Oil, the place he stars reverse .

“Yeah, it’s a loopy time proper now, however that’s the way it works on this enterprise, doesn’t it?” he laughs over the telephone from Park Metropolis, Utah, the place Blood and Oil is at present filming.

Definitely no two tasks could possibly be extra totally different. Mountain Males is an intimate comedy-drama concerning the relationship between two brothers (Crawford and , greatest recognized for Breaker Excessive and Reaper), whereas Blood and Oil is an enormous, steamy prime-time orgy of intercourse and energy and cash, destined to deliver again reminiscences of Dallas.

However what is going to shock and delight Crawford’s many followers who’re used to him being suave and attractive, would be the broad bodily comedy and down-home conditions he will get concerned in throughout Mountain Males.

“To be trustworthy, that’s why I took the image,” he admits. “It was an opportunity for me to do one thing totally different, one thing loopy. And it wound up being as a lot enjoyable because it appeared.”

Written and directed by Cameron Labine (Tyler’s brother), Mountain Males wanted a rugged setting and Crawford was a complete stranger to the inside of B.C. the place the movie was shot.

“Yeah, it was type of a crash course in surviving the Canadian wilderness,” Crawford quips dryly. “I’m a Texas boy by delivery and I’d by no means seen a lot ice and snow in my life.

“We have been up in Revelstoke, B.C. and we shot there in April, however it began melting, so we stored shifting greater and better up the mountains to make it look extra treacherous after which it abruptly froze over once more. That took some getting used to.”

Crawford loved working with the Labine brothers as a result of “I had been a fan of Tyler’s work earlier than I received there and I shortly acquired to like Cameron and the best way he directed. He is aware of what he needs, however he retains it unfastened, which is simply how I wish to work.”

The broodingly good-looking Crawford is simply 30 now, however he was solely 22 when he acquired forged in Gossip Woman as Nate Archibald, the wealthy stoner dangerous boy with a penchant for breaking hearts.

However how did he get from Lubbock, Texas, the place he was born in 1985, to the streets of Manhattan?

He chuckles. “I’ve that basically sh—- story that no one needs to listen to. I type of fell into it by osmosis. You must perceive the tradition I grew up in. Plenty of mother and father in Texas maintain holding their youngsters again in kindergarten in order that they’ll be greater for soccer by the point they get to highschool. It’s a very good factor my people by no means did that, as a result of I by no means topped 5’ll”.

“I by no means actually knew what I needed to do, to inform you the reality. I favored images and drawing and portray, however I by no means considered appearing. Even once I obtained to Pepperdine (College), surrounded by overachievers, I felt utterly misplaced.”

So Crawford took what he thought can be a yr off, to seek out out what he actually needed to do and every little thing began altering for him.

“I began taking some appearing courses, only for the hell of it. At first, I used to be like ‘What is that this? It’s so bizarre? It’s gotta be a bunch of crap.’ However then in the future it clicked.

“Properly, not simply in the future. I had a handful of watershed moments, a number of kind of epiphanies the place I obtained a style of what actual appearing was about.

“That they had me working with The Meisner Method,” he says, referring to the appearing course of developed by actor/instructor Sanford Meisner, “and I discovered it’s not about placing on a efficiency, it’s about attending to the guts of a personality.”

So Crawford beginning going out for auditions. “And once they despatched me out, I acquired good suggestions. Individuals appeared me proper within the eye and advised me I ought to pursue this, so I did.”

By the point he was 21, his first function movie was launched, a weird combination of prep faculty Gothic and horror shenanigans referred to as The Covenant.

“That was one thing else, wasn’t it?” he laughs. “Man, that film was The Craft meets the Backstreet Boys. However we had a blast doing it and I assumed, if I had this a lot enjoyable, that is what I’m doing for the remainder of my life.”

However the enjoyable had truly simply began. The triumvirate of Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and John Stephens, who had struck West Coast youth gold with The O.C. determined to maneuver to NYC and check out all of it once more with a brand new collection referred to as Gossip Woman.

“Once I first heard about it,” admits Crawford, “I knew I needed to be in it. I imply, these guys actually knew how one can work that entire zip code teen drama sort of factor. And there was a built-in fan base with the books. I assumed it couldn’t lose.

“And as soon as I learn with the women within the forged, I assumed it was a very cool dynamic and I needed in.”

The producers felt the identical approach and Crawford joined the staff, breaking hearts and reputations for the subsequent 4 seasons, together with his off-screen romances offering as a lot fodder for the tabloids as his onscreen ones.

“I’m unsure I dealt with all of that as nicely I might have. I don’t like consideration being referred to as to my personal life. Individuals who know me properly know that I’m actually a loner at coronary heart, however that’s a reasonably arduous factor to handle whenever you’re in a present getting all that focus.”

What was the toughest a part of all of it?

He laughs. “As soon as the present actually took off, these packs of women would discover out the place we have been capturing in New York and mob the streets outdoors. I’m not kidding. You attempt capturing a scene with 300 women screaming at you. Man, I’m glad that’s over.”

Crawford would fairly stick within the current and speak about Blood and Oil, which he has excessive hopes for.

“We’re on episode three, about to start out episode four. We had a couple of bumps at the start, with casting modifications and stuff, the standard delivery pains, nevertheless it’s going nicely now.

“I really like capturing on location in Utah. We get the scope of the land, an entire totally different type of really feel. And I don’t need to shave each day, which is perhaps one of the best of all.”

Crawford feels he’s been “actually fortunate” thus far and is glad to take it one venture at a time. “I’m making an attempt to domesticate a number one man high quality, so I see who does it greatest and attempt to study from the greats.

“And have enjoyable whereas I’m doing it.” In fact.

CHACE CRAWFORD’S FIVE FAVOURITE ACTORS

PAUL NEWMAN — He was my favorite. He was so rattling clean, so current. You needed to admire him.

WARREN BEATTY — Not solely was he such a assured presence on display, however he was the facility behind a whole lot of fascinating movies. That’s a fantastic mixture.

DON JOHNSON — I really like working with him on Blood and Oil. He’s been there, he is aware of tips on how to do it and he makes it appear really easy. Which it isn’t.

LEONARDO DICAPRIO — He’s had such an excellent profession, all the time being true to himself. It’s a must to admire that.

BRAD PITT — I’ve to admire all of the work he’s executed in so many various sorts of movies and he all the time manages to ring true.

Donna
Old 09-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the article.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna