Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2015, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

It's the only one of the new tv shows I'm really interested in and looking forward to it! The cast is great, promos are amazing!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I can't wait for the show to come on.

Donna
Old 08-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

A BTS pic:

Donna
Old 08-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Chace Crawford | Chase Crawford's triathlon challenge | Contactmusic.com

Quote:
Former 'Gossip Girl' actor Chace Crawford decided to train for a triathlon because he wanted to try something different.

Chace Crawford decided to train for a triathlon because he was getting bored with his exercise regime.

The 30-year-old actor will compete in the Nautica Malibu Triathlon, presented by Equinox and benefitting the Children's Hospital Los Angeles and revealed he decided to sign up because he wanted to try something different.

He told PEOPLE: ''The biggest problem with exercise is boredom. So that's one of the main reasons I took to the training for this, it switches it up, gets you outside. I also try and get in the gym four days a week, sometimes five if I hit McDonald's at the airport.

''I was about to turn 30 and I figured these are the type of things people do in their 30s. Ya know ... drink vegetable juice, buy curtains, learn to crochet ... the usual.''

And Chace is thrilled to be taking part for a good cause.

He said: ''I've done some things with the Children's Hospital during my time in New York, and getting to spend time with the kids is just something that means a lot to me. This event raises more and more money every year and it may be the best run event of this type out there. I'm proud to be a part of it.''
Chace Crawford Talks TV Return on Blood and Oil After Gossip Girl : People.com

Quote:
Almost three years after Gossip Girl signed off with a final "xoxo," Chace Crawford is returning to prime time with ABC's new show Blood and Oil as one half of an ambitious, working-class couple hoping to strike gold in a North Dakota boomtown – and he's pretty excited not to be playing a prep schooler.

"It was a great situation, and I get to play a completely different character than the one I portrayed for 6 years," Crawford told PEOPLE. "I wouldn't take those years back for anything."

Still, "It's nice to be able to play something that's closer to home for me," he added, joking, "And to not have to shave my face off every day."

But don't worry: Based on the steamy trailer, Crawford, 30, is still rocking Nate Archibald's super toned body on the oil rush drama.

PEOPLE caught up with the actor before he began the Nautica Malibu Triathlon, presented by Equinox and benefitting the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, on Saturday and Sunday, and he told us all about his fitness regimen.

"I was about to turn 30 and I figured these are the type of things people do in their 30s," he said of his motivation for signing up for the endurance competition. "Ya know … drink vegetable juice, buy curtains, learn to crochet … the usual."

Read on to learn about his new role and exercise routine, and catch Crawford on Blood and Oil when it premieres Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

How have you been training for the triathlon?
I've been working in Park City, which is at 7,000 feet elevation. After getting over the first two weeks of training and feeling like Rudy trying to make the team. I'm more confident now.

Why are you passionate about the cause?
I've done some things with the Children's Hospital during my time in New York, and getting to spend time with the kids is just something that means a lot to me. This event raises more and more money every year and it may be the best run event of this type out there. I'm proud to be a part of it.

How do you keep in shape on a regular basis?
The biggest problem with exercise is boredom. So that's one of the main reasons I took to the training for this, it switches it up, gets you outside. I also try and get in the gym four days a week, sometimes five if I hit McDonald's at the airport.

What drew you to the script for Blood and Oil?
I met with [executive producer] Tony Krantz and [creator, director and executive producer] Jonas Pate, and we talked about the way we'd be working, and it seemed like a great fit. They're fantastic. That and the prospect of getting to live in Park City. I love it out here.

Why should people tune in?
Honestly, I'm lucky to be a part of such an amazing cast. Everyone is really strong, and the episodes from what I've seen look great. It's going to be a fun show. There's something for everyone and there's not anything out there like it right now. Check it out.

Quote:
chacecrawford: @rebeccarittenhouse @ambervalletta puttin up with ma bs

Donna
Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loving everything that we have gotten so far.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Me too.

Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford returns with new film and TV miniseries | Toronto Star | The Times

Quote:
Chace Crawford is again. Let the gossip start.

The man who turned well-known ais beginning this fall with a one-two punch of exercise that guarantees to put him entrance and centre in everybody’s consciousness as soon as once more.

This weekend, his newest film, Mountain Males, hits Toronto and on the finish of the month, you’ll be able to catch him on CTV and ABC within the new miniseries, Blood and Oil, the place he stars reverse .

“Yeah, it’s a loopy time proper now, however that’s the way it works on this enterprise, doesn’t it?” he laughs over the telephone from Park Metropolis, Utah, the place Blood and Oil is at present filming.

Definitely no two tasks could possibly be extra totally different. Mountain Males is an intimate comedy-drama concerning the relationship between two brothers (Crawford and , greatest recognized for Breaker Excessive and Reaper), whereas Blood and Oil is an enormous, steamy prime-time orgy of intercourse and energy and cash, destined to deliver again reminiscences of Dallas.

However what is going to shock and delight Crawford’s many followers who’re used to him being suave and attractive, would be the broad bodily comedy and down-home conditions he will get concerned in throughout Mountain Males.

“To be trustworthy, that’s why I took the image,” he admits. “It was an opportunity for me to do one thing totally different, one thing loopy. And it wound up being as a lot enjoyable because it appeared.”

Written and directed by Cameron Labine (Tyler’s brother), Mountain Males wanted a rugged setting and Crawford was a complete stranger to the inside of B.C. the place the movie was shot.

“Yeah, it was type of a crash course in surviving the Canadian wilderness,” Crawford quips dryly. “I’m a Texas boy by delivery and I’d by no means seen a lot ice and snow in my life.

“We have been up in Revelstoke, B.C. and we shot there in April, however it began melting, so we stored shifting greater and better up the mountains to make it look extra treacherous after which it abruptly froze over once more. That took some getting used to.”

Crawford loved working with the Labine brothers as a result of “I had been a fan of Tyler’s work earlier than I received there and I shortly acquired to like Cameron and the best way he directed. He is aware of what he needs, however he retains it unfastened, which is simply how I wish to work.”

The broodingly good-looking Crawford is simply 30 now, however he was solely 22 when he acquired forged in Gossip Woman as Nate Archibald, the wealthy stoner dangerous boy with a penchant for breaking hearts.

However how did he get from Lubbock, Texas, the place he was born in 1985, to the streets of Manhattan?

He chuckles. “I’ve that basically sh—- story that no one needs to listen to. I type of fell into it by osmosis. You must perceive the tradition I grew up in. Plenty of mother and father in Texas maintain holding their youngsters again in kindergarten in order that they’ll be greater for soccer by the point they get to highschool. It’s a very good factor my people by no means did that, as a result of I by no means topped 5’ll”.

“I by no means actually knew what I needed to do, to inform you the reality. I favored images and drawing and portray, however I by no means considered appearing. Even once I obtained to Pepperdine (College), surrounded by overachievers, I felt utterly misplaced.”

So Crawford took what he thought can be a yr off, to seek out out what he actually needed to do and every little thing began altering for him.

“I began taking some appearing courses, only for the hell of it. At first, I used to be like ‘What is that this? It’s so bizarre? It’s gotta be a bunch of crap.’ However then in the future it clicked.

“Properly, not simply in the future. I had a handful of watershed moments, a number of kind of epiphanies the place I obtained a style of what actual appearing was about.

“That they had me working with The Meisner Method,” he says, referring to the appearing course of developed by actor/instructor Sanford Meisner, “and I discovered it’s not about placing on a efficiency, it’s about attending to the guts of a personality.”

So Crawford beginning going out for auditions. “And once they despatched me out, I acquired good suggestions. Individuals appeared me proper within the eye and advised me I ought to pursue this, so I did.”

By the point he was 21, his first function movie was launched, a weird combination of prep faculty Gothic and horror shenanigans referred to as The Covenant.

“That was one thing else, wasn’t it?” he laughs. “Man, that film was The Craft meets the Backstreet Boys. However we had a blast doing it and I assumed, if I had this a lot enjoyable, that is what I’m doing for the remainder of my life.”

However the enjoyable had truly simply began. The triumvirate of Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and John Stephens, who had struck West Coast youth gold with The O.C. determined to maneuver to NYC and check out all of it once more with a brand new collection referred to as Gossip Woman.

“Once I first heard about it,” admits Crawford, “I knew I needed to be in it. I imply, these guys actually knew how one can work that entire zip code teen drama sort of factor. And there was a built-in fan base with the books. I assumed it couldn’t lose.

“And as soon as I learn with the women within the forged, I assumed it was a very cool dynamic and I needed in.”

The producers felt the identical approach and Crawford joined the staff, breaking hearts and reputations for the subsequent 4 seasons, together with his off-screen romances offering as a lot fodder for the tabloids as his onscreen ones.

“I’m unsure I dealt with all of that as nicely I might have. I don’t like consideration being referred to as to my personal life. Individuals who know me properly know that I’m actually a loner at coronary heart, however that’s a reasonably arduous factor to handle whenever you’re in a present getting all that focus.”

What was the toughest a part of all of it?

He laughs. “As soon as the present actually took off, these packs of women would discover out the place we have been capturing in New York and mob the streets outdoors. I’m not kidding. You attempt capturing a scene with 300 women screaming at you. Man, I’m glad that’s over.”

Crawford would fairly stick within the current and speak about Blood and Oil, which he has excessive hopes for.

“We’re on episode three, about to start out episode four. We had a couple of bumps at the start, with casting modifications and stuff, the standard delivery pains, nevertheless it’s going nicely now.

“I really like capturing on location in Utah. We get the scope of the land, an entire totally different type of really feel. And I don’t need to shave each day, which is perhaps one of the best of all.”

Crawford feels he’s been “actually fortunate” thus far and is glad to take it one venture at a time. “I’m making an attempt to domesticate a number one man high quality, so I see who does it greatest and attempt to study from the greats.

“And have enjoyable whereas I’m doing it.” In fact.

CHACE CRAWFORD’S FIVE FAVOURITE ACTORS

PAUL NEWMAN — He was my favorite. He was so rattling clean, so current. You needed to admire him.

WARREN BEATTY — Not solely was he such a assured presence on display, however he was the facility behind a whole lot of fascinating movies. That’s a fantastic mixture.

DON JOHNSON — I really like working with him on Blood and Oil. He’s been there, he is aware of tips on how to do it and he makes it appear really easy. Which it isn’t.

LEONARDO DICAPRIO — He’s had such an excellent profession, all the time being true to himself. It’s a must to admire that.

BRAD PITT — I’ve to admire all of the work he’s executed in so many various sorts of movies and he all the time manages to ring true.
Scott D. Pierce: The best and worst new TV titles this fall | The Salt Lake Tribune

Quote:
They're kind of bummed out behind the scenes of the new, made-in-Utah ABC series "Blood & Oil," which premieres Sunday, Sept. 27.

The original title of the series was "Boom." And the original opening credits had a really cool bit where the title burst out of an explosion.

But then Fox put a game show titled "Boom!" on the air.

"So that zapped that," said executive producer Josh Pate.

"We mourned it," said executive producer Tony Krantz.

"We had a moment. We cried," joked star/executive producer Don Johnson. "We all hugged each other.

"But we've moved on."

The show was first retitled "OIL" — all in caps — for a few weeks. And then "Blood & Oil" — not all caps, thank goodness — because that "encapsulated what we were trying to say," Pate said.

"The 'Blood' means family to us, so it's sort of family and power and ambition," Krantz said. "It sort of does everything."

It's a pretty good title. Among the top five new titles for new shows on the broadcast networks this fall.

Here are the best, the worst and everything in between:

Best • "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" makes you want to watch to see what it's about, doesn't it?

Second best • "Scream Queens" is perfect for a slasher comedy.

Third-best • "Grandfathered" is perfect for a show about a guy who learns he has a son and granddaughter he never knew existed.

Worst • "Truth Be Told" tells us nothing about the show. But it's great for mean TV critics — as in, "Truth be told, this show is dreadful."

Second worst • "Rosewood" is about an independent pathologist.

Most problematic • "Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris" is a lot to live up to, isn't it?

Second most problematic • "The Grinder," because it's not about the gay hook-up app Grind'r.

Donna
Old 09-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Blood and Oil Teaser Trailer Promises "Greed, Sex, and Money" - Us Weekly

Quote:
North Dakota just got a whole lot sexier. The upcoming ABC drama Blood and Oil will reveal the inner workings of one small oil town in North Dakota, and judging by the recently released teaser, there won’t be a dull moment to be had.

In the short clip, series stars Chace Crawford, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Don Johnson, and Amber Valletta talk about their roles on-screen, and all the “sex and greed and money” that saturates the show.

“It’s about a group of people all fighting for success,” Valletta says, adding that a big draw of the show will be for viewers to see “whether these people are going to win or fail.”

The trailer reveals awe-inspiring shots of the beautiful mountain scenery, a few impressive oil and fire-laden fights, and plenty of steamy love scenes.

“Sometimes you have to play dirty to get filthy rich,” a voiceover declares at one point.

Gossip Girl alum Crawford, 30, plays Billy LeFever, a young buck who moves to the town with wife Kelly (Rittenhouse) in pursuit of the American Dream. He meets Hap Briggs (Johnson), who takes Billy under his wing to teach him the ins and outs of the business.

Johnson, 65, who is perhaps best known for his starring role in hit ‘80s show Miami Vice, told The Hollywood Reporter in August that the series will showcase the best of all TV worlds.

“We are in a historically primetime soap slot, and you’re going to get the triangles and the twists and the turns and the soapiness,” he said during a TCA panel, “but along with that you’re also going to get these incredibly sophisticated well-told stories.”

Blood and Oil will premiere on Sunday, Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. EST on ABC

Donna
Old 09-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Donna
Old 09-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Donna
Old 09-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

A cute BTS pic:

Chace Crawford, Melissa Benoist, & More Named Glamour Mag’s Breakout TV Stars of Fall 2015 | Alfred Enoch, Alycia Debnam Carey, Billy Brown, Chace Crawford, Charlie Weber, Constance Wu, Danika Yarosh, Eve Harlow, Frank Dillane, Jack Falahee, Kiki S

Quote:
Chace Crawford and Melissa Benoist pose for this October 2015 television feature in Glamour magazine.

The Blood & Oil and Supergirl stars are named breakout stars alongside How to Get Away With Murder‘s Charlie Weber, Billy Brown, Jack Falahee, Alfred Enoch, and Matt McGorry, Heroes Reborn stars Kiki Sukezane, Danika Yarosh, and Eve Harlow, Fresh Off the Boat‘s Constance Wu, and Fear the Walking Dead stars Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam-Carey.

“I’m officially grown-up— I can now own a nice watch and drink expensive booze. That’s all you need,” Chace told the mag about turning 30 years old.

For more on Chace, Melissa, and more, visit Glamour.com.
ABC’s 'Blood & Oil' This Fall’s New Take on Dirty Dealings by Oilmen

Quote:
What is the result when Hollywood combines oil prospecting, a young couple chasing the American dream, family feuds and crooked officials?

This fall television season, the result is Blood & Oil, ABC’s wannabe-Dallas set in the fictional oil boom town of Rock Springs, North Dakota. The show stars Don Johnson, Chace Crawford and Rebecca Rittenhouse. The trailer even resembled TNT’s Dallas commercials and included plenty of sex.

Judging by the first episode, which will premiere on ABC Sept. 27, viewers can expect many of the same old anti-oil attacks that have been done by TV and movies before including an oil “baron” who is hated by many people in town and has done unethical things to become rich. Oilmen are called “oil thieves” by another character and there’s gambling, swindling, theft and betrayal.

Johnson plays Hap Briggs, that “Baron of the Bakken,” the incredibly wealthy oil-man who controls the region. The initial episode doesn’t reveal any specific skeletons from his closet, but makes it clear he has made many enemies in the process including his son Wick. Wick also hates his stepmother, referring to her as “the Bitch.”

Clifton Lundegren, a man who owns property the Briggs want because it is the only point of access to property they want to drill on, tells Billy LeFever (Chace Crawford) Briggs’ people screwed him over “last time.” He also asks Billy which of the “oil thieves” are you working for?

Wick rants to his lover Jules, the proprietor of a Coyote Ugly-style bar with high stakes gambling and other businesses, that he’s happy that his father “cut him off.”

“You take his money and he owns you. I’ll find my own way,” Wick says, before recruiting a criminal to help him start secretly stealing oil from his father’s oil tankers to make himself rich.

Carla Briggs (actress and model Amber Valletta) is a beautiful, well-connected woman with friends at Goldman Sachs and other banks in New York, savvy at getting information out of people and willing to pressure or bribe corruptible officials when she and Hap deem it necessary for their oil business.

In the first episode, that official is the oil commissioner who tells her he’s getting pressure from Mormons to get a Temple built. Screenfad reported in May after seeing an earlier version of the first episode that the oil and gas commissioner is himself Mormon. She squeezes him for information about a geological “bombshell” at a dinner party by indicating that with the Briggs’ support he could make it all the way to the governor’s mansion and then do whatever he wants about the Temple.

“You’re a little crooked,” Carla says while touching the commissioner’s tie after offering him that enticement.

Billy and Cody, the young married couple who moved to Rock Springs to start a laundromat but go bust before arriving when two semi-trucks run them off the road, are portrayed more sympathetically, at least in the show’s premiere.

The writers clearly have done some research into the actual oil industry since the episode referenced “wildcatting,” “roughing,” and a Halliburton truck that had been “jacked” by thieves to resell.
Fall TV: What shows could rise to top

Quote:
Blood & Oil

ABC, 9 ET/PT, Sept. 27

Miami Vice's Don Johnson returns to primetime as a North Dakota oil baron whose monopoly is challenged by two shrewd newcomers played by Chace Crawford and Rebecca Rittenhouse. There's little going on here that fans of Dallas or Dynasty won't recognize, but if you're among those who enjoyed those shows or their primetime-soap progeny, you may not mind.

Donna
Old 09-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

BuddyTV Slideshow | TV’s 25 Sexiest Men of the New Fall 2015 Season

Chace is #2

Quote:
#2 Chace Crawford, Blood and Oil
As Billy LeFever
Fall TV 2015: Quick guide to season packed with superheroes, scream queens, muppets and more - San Jose Mercury News

Quote:
SUNDAY

"Blood & Oil" (9 p.m., ABC; Sept. 27): Don Johnson returns to television as a ruthless North Dakota oil tycoon who finds himself pitted against an aggressively ambitious young couple (Chace Crawford, Rebecca Rittenhouse). Drama happens.

Snap judgment: Ah, yes, shades of "Dallas." They should have called it "Blood & Oil & Soap."
5 reasons why 'Blood and Oil' will fuel your thirst for drama | abc7chicago.com

Quote:
With a stellar cast of veterans and promising newcomers, breathtaking settings and a penchant for fiery drama, ABC's Blood and Oil is promising to fuel viewers' desires for top notch TV drama. Focusing on a couple who moves to a booming oil town in hopes of making it rich, ABC's latest drama will look at the family ties and deadly thirst for wealth that dominate the oil industry.

Here are five reasons why you'll want to watch Blood and Oil.

1. Don Johnson

The actor is best known for solving high profile cases on Miami Vice. But now Johnson brings his veteran acting chops to the role of Hap Briggs, a well-respected and equally feared oil baron who will let nothing get in the way of total industry domination. Johnson has commonly played the protagonist in many of his iconic roles so it will be a refreshing change of pace to see him play a more dark, malevolent character.

2. Sweeping landscapes

Rock Springs, North Dakota, the setting of Blood and Oil, isn't actually a real place, but the natural beauty and sweeping landscapes are far from fiction. With shooting locations including outdoor-haven Park City, Utah, Blood and Oil's beautiful setting will be one of the defining features that haunts the characters of this show.

3. Family drama

Blood may be thicker than water, but it is also more deadly too. One of the main plotines of Blood and Oil is Briggs' tumultuous relationship with his son Wick. And with Briggs' wife Darla proving to be just as conniving as her husband, you can expect a lot of double crossing and intrigue when this family sits down at the table.

4. Talented up and coming actors

Chace Crawford and Rebecca Rittenhouse may not be household names just yet, but after Blood and Oil premieres they'll definitely be some of the most talked about stars on television. Crawford and Rittenhouse play Billy and Kelly LeFever, a couple who moves to Rock Springs in hopes of making it big in the booming oil industry. But as they continue to strive for success, tensions will rise, and these two actors' penchant for high stakes drama will be brought to light.

5. Danger at every turn

The oil industry is very lucrative but also dangerous, with opportunities for wealth equally matched by opportunities for death. Even though these characters hope to make it big, it wouldn't be surprising to see them drown in their wild pursuit of vast fortune.

Blood and Oil premieres Sunday, September 27 at 9 p.m. ET | 8 p.m. CT on ABC.

The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of ABC and this station.
What to watch and what to skip this fall | New York Post

Quote:
The “Gossip Girl” cast has scattered to the showbiz winds since the show ended in 2012. Fortune smiled first on Blake Lively, who has a nice little career in movies. Leighton Meester had a featured role in the recent Broadway production of “Of Mice and Men.” But the boys of “Girl” had to wait a few years for their manly genes to kick in before finding the appropriate showcases for their talents. This fall, Chace Crawford, who was the cheeky Nate Archibald on the prep-school soap, returns to TV on the ABC Sunday night series “Blood & Oil.” Crawford plays Billy LeFever, a young man who moves with his wife to Willison, N.D., in search of his fortune after the biggest oil discovery in American history. His former New York City roommate, Ed Westwick (the hedonistic Chuck Bass of “Gossip Girl”), plays a charming Sunset Strip serial killer, Kent Grainger, on the Los Angeles period piece “Wicked City,” a Tuesday night drama on ABC.
'Blood & Oil,' winsome skulduggery - Media Life Magazine

Quote:
Not everyone was happy when gas prices went down this summer. Take, for example, the folks behind ABC’s new drama “Blood & Oil.”

Supposedly set in the present, the series depicts North Dakota as bursting at the seams with people trying to cash in on the oil boom.

Now that the state is experiencing the inevitable cyclical bust, “Blood & Oil” feels dated.

Fortunately, one doesn’t have to be nostalgic for 2014 to enjoy the show, an old-fashioned boomtown melodrama with broadly drawn characters and easy-to-follow skullduggery.

In the premiere episode, airing on Sunday, Sept. 27, at 9 p.m., Billy (Chace Crawford) and Cody (Rebecca Rittenhouse), a young married couple, travel to a oil-rich town in North Dakota, planning to cash in on the boom by opening three Laundromats. They’re investing the savings of their friends and family members.

After an accident puts those plans on hold, Billy gets a menial job at a drilling site. Cody, who dropped out of pharmacy school, works at a drugstore, where she overhears a guy discussing a deal that he was probably told to keep secret.

The deal will expand the empire of Hap Briggs (Don Johnson), a self-made zillionaire who is the most powerful oilman in the region.

Billy and Cody see a way of profiting off the deal, but Hap isn’t the kind of man you want to cross.
He is on the verge of disinheriting his wayward son, Wick Briggs (Scott Michael Foster). Wick blames this on the influence of his young, beautiful stepmother, Carla (Amber Valletta).

blood and oilABC1The on-the-nose dialogue makes some of the themes clear early on: Wick clearly has Oedipal issues — at least the patricidal ones. Billy could become a surrogate son to Hap, or a rival, or a surrogate son who turns into a rival, stirring the Oedipal pot again.

Carla isn’t just arm candy: She tells Hap that she has figured out a sneaky way to get a geological report before it’s officially released. “I knew there was a reason I married you,” he says.

Other characters include the local sheriff, Tip Hamilton (Delroy Lindo), who early on calms an unruly crowd by shooting his pistol in the air, and a sexy British bar owner, Jules (India de Beaufort), who also serves as Billy and Cody’s realtor and loan shark.

They should be good for subplots.

The script, by Josh Pate and Rodes Fishburne, keeps the details of the oil business simple. All we need to know is that everyone is grabbing for wealth as fast as possible.

Although the acting is fine, the casting seems to be based more on looks. Chace Crawford and Rebecca Rittenhouse are so cute that we’ll root for them regardless of their business ethics. Don Johnson and Amber Valletta are the Platonic ideal of a self-made zillionaire and his younger wife.

Our emotional involvement in the characters is skin deep, but it should be enough to draw people back for a second viewing. It helps that the premiere ends with a cliffhanger that leaves all of the major characters in jeopardy.

As the Three Stooges once put it, oil’s well that ends well.

Donna
Old 09-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blood & Oil still • Pilot 1x01

Photos - Blood and Oil - Season 1 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 1.01 - Pilot
Old 09-16-2015, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

He looks so handsome.

Donna
Old 09-17-2015, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi