Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hehehe you're stronger than me I couldn't post and watch that movie at the same time haha

and yeah isn't he gorgeous LOVE his V.O.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
Hehehe you're stronger than me I couldn't post and watch that movie at the same time haha

and yeah isn't he gorgeous LOVE his V.O.

OMG...It got me hot in a few placed....

Back to the movie....I mean it this time.

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey030303 (View Post)
OMG...It got me hot in a few placed....

Back to the movie....I mean it this time.
Heh he does that! and yeah watch away bb deserves your full attention hehe
Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Had to capture one frame.....

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

AH the silver star scene
Old 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to mute it because I didn't want to hear the gunshot and of course I blubbered like a baby. It brought back the day we put Bailey down. I so could relate to Marlena's grief...and I know Jacob was also saddened but he did the right thing. Already having read the book I know what kind of man August is. He would have worked that horse until he was dead due to the infection. The poor thing was suffering. Give Jacob kudos for going against the boss and doing what his conscious told him was right. But August certainly didn't let him forget that he went against...scared the crap out of Jacob when he thought he was going to red light him....

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwwww, Jacob is such a sweetheart I love how emotional he gets about the bad treatment of the animals... Jacob may-be innocent but he is far from stupid and he wasn't going to put up with the cruelty that was going on.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jacob gets as emotional as I would if I was dealing with animals it's written all over his face in that scene the tears in his eyes but he doesn't let them fall cause he knows Marlena needs him to be the strong one in that situation.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the movie. It had me in tears during different parts of the film. I was disgusted with August's outbursts of violence and it was no surprise since I read the book first. But to see him beat Rosie left me so raw. Jacob was out of his mind but he was held back, maybe for his own good but regardless it was heartbreaking for him to hear Rosie's cries. He had every intent of taking that bull staff (can't remember the exact name) and beating August with it but he didn't. He is incredibly compassionate and sensitive. Even Camel knows what a sick SOB August is. It was a tender moment as Jacob is cleaning Rosie's wounds (she was given the whiskey to drug her a bit) and Marlena comes in to help as well. She is a tender hearted soul as well. Why she had stayed with him still boggles my mind as I am sure it did Jacob.

Robert's voice is so soft and like velvet...and when he as Jacob spoke Polish I was.. OMG....so very sexy. The joy in his face when he realized that Rosie responded to his native tongue. He was so excited to show August. He was so proud when August finally was able to get Rosie to do certain tricks with the commands in Polish. Jacob feels a bit of relief that perhaps now August will not be so angry with Rosie.

Marlena and August...he was an escape for her. I also felt that she owed him for taking her away from the life she was living which wasn't much considering she had been placed in one foster home or another. He was such a charmer but with such a dark side. The one thing missing in the film is that Uncle Al wasn't even in the film. In the book he made enough excuses for August who was definitely a disturbed man.

The love scene between Jacob and Marlena was short but so sweet. How I loved seeing his necklace dangle between them when they were on the bed kissing. The next morning...
Jacob sure took a beating. I couldn't stand seeing him get beat like that. How he was able to get himself up and go back was admirable. But then again he loves Marlena and could only imagine what August was going to do to her.

Hal Holbrook was excellent as old Jacob. I enjoyed hearing him tell his story to Charlie. And Charlie was so intrigued listening to Jacob's life with the Benzini circus. I couldn't help but feel a lump in my throat when old Jacob was looking at the picture of Marlena back in the day. He got all choked up, clearly his love for her was as strong now as it was when he first fell in love with her.

I found it so interesting how August seemed to always include Jacob in joining him and Marlena for dinner. I know I would have felt like the 5th wheel. But at that same time those were hard days with the depression so why not enjoy so good food and drink. And of course to be in Marlena's company.

I was saddened when both Camel and Walter were found after being red lighted off the train. I know how much Jacob wanted to kill August for what he had done. It took every ounce of strength to not go through with it and of course seeing Marlena's pleading eyes was all he needed to walk away. But if there was ever a man who needed to be put out of his misery it was August. It was poetic justice in the end that it was Rosie who ended that miserable SOB's life. He nearly killed Marlena while Jacob was watching helplessly as Blackie held him back (that was Blackie right? I hated that SOB as well). I was so glad to see the guys come and beat the snot out of him for what the part he played in Camel and Walter's deaths.

Poor Queenie...but at least she found another good home with Jacob and Marlena.

In the book Jacob and Marlena's first son was named Simon. In the film they had named him Walter. It was a nice touch to see glimpes of the life that Jacob and Marlena made after they left the Benzini circus. So sweet to see Jacob with Marlena holding their newborn son and he kisses Marlena on the forehead... Again I was broken hearted for Jacob that his family had forgotten him that Sunday. Like he said out of 5 kids not one of them could have taken him. I had to laugh when he said his oldest son Walter was 71 and he was losing it as he tapped his forehead! But still very sad that he seemed to be forgotten. And when he said to Charlie that he was going "home" rather than running away to the circus I couldn't help but feel the emotions rise within me again. You could clearly see that those days with the circus although riddled with much heartache and strife were still a special time for Jacob. I so understood his feelings about the nursing home. What he said was very true! This was a man who had all his wits and still wanted to live his life as he should instead of being put in a place where he was forgotten and just waiting to die. I am glad that the circus had come to his town, he could live the remaining time he had in place where he felt at home and would be at peace.

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

WOW one hell of a review! Guess you liked Jacob huh? I'll give you more of a response to that big post later promise hehe hope you posted in the J/M thread too
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
WOW one hell of a review! Guess you liked Jacob huh? I'll give you more of a response to that big post later promise hehe hope you posted in the J/M thread too

I need to post my thoughts over at the J/M thread....and I will. My first stop was here...for obvious reasons.

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey030303 (View Post)

I need to post my thoughts over at the J/M thread....and I will. My first stop was here...for obvious reasons.
Can't wait for that!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww....thanks. It's been great discussing the book and now the movie.

Max❣️Liz
Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's a great topic to discuss!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

God yes....

Max❣️Liz