Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
I'll improve on it promise
It really wasn't a dig at you, hun.. I just wanted to remind everyone.. sometimes I have to go and search for the new threads and it can be a pain You do plenty for this board and I appreciate it
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Please let me know if I have made any mistakes....

Max❣️Liz

Last edited by Bailey030303; 01-20-2012 at 09:33 PM
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
It really wasn't a dig at you, hun.. I just wanted to remind everyone.. sometimes I have to go and search for the new threads and it can be a pain You do plenty for this board and I appreciate it
Oh I know it wasn't it But I also need to be reminded cause I swear I'm the worst offender for doing that lol Plus it would make things easier on you so that's another reason I need to be better about it hehe and thank you I need to start on those other OP's soon hehe
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I finished the book today. With the snow we had today I didn't get a chance to run and buy the movie but that's on my agenda tomorrow.

Well........Jacob, Jacob....it was a bittersweet story. He's such a stand up guy. His love for not only Marlena but for Rosie along with his buddies he made at the circus was heartwarming. August was definitely a sick bastard. I thought it was poetic justice how he met his end. I was disgusted that Uncle Al insisted that Jacob persuade Marlena to go back to August..after the bastard had beat her!!! All he gave a crap about was the bottom line...well he gets his just desserts at the end as well. I was saddened that both Camel and Walter were redlighted off the train and died. Jacob had gone out of his way to keep Camel out of sight after he became paralyzed. He was a very good friend. I wasn't sure about Walter at first but it was nice to see the relationship between Jacob and him grow. Still sucks that he had to die. The flashbacks between old Jacob and young Jacob really gave it a nice twist. Again my heart was heavy for Jacob that his family didn't really care much about him. I know they came to visit once a week but he would have loved to have lived with one of his kids. And not one of them could take him in? I have to wonder what happened? I mean Marlena and Jacob really loved each other...I think they gave their kids lots of love and a good life. And this is how you repay your father and your mother's memory. Sorry that really hit a sore point with me because I know what's like to have a family member in a nursing home...we were there all the time. Okay I digress...then at the end he runs away again to the circus, at the age of 93. Good for him. His family couldn't give a crap to come that day to take him when they know how much it meant to him. But Charlie O'Brien understood.

It was a good read. I am really anxious now to see the movie. I can envision Robert in those scenes with the animals, his confrontation with August where they beat the crap out of each other, the first time he and Marlena make love and on and on....

Max❣️Liz
Old 01-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally cried when they died it was SOO sad after everything they got punished for August's rage.

And trust me I hate the kid thing too it upset my sister a lot when she watched the movie that they had 5 kids and not one had a place for him after their mother died made me so sad for him. So you really liked the book huh? I LOVE it I've re-read it 3 times loved it more each time

The movie is slightly different but perfectly different everyone thought the changes were just the perfect fit for the movie version
Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did really like it. I think I will read it over again like I normally do anyway. I was reading and my MIL has been with us and she will chat away even with my nose in a book. It can be distracting so needless to say I will being reading it again.

So the movie is slightly different? Do they do the flashbacks between old and young Jacob? I am glad I wasn't alone in my feelings about the kids. It's just sad. He was such a good man. At least he and Marlena had a long and happy marriage. In the book I don't remember if they mentioned how long he had been a widower? I just hated that at the end of his life he was alone after all he had gone through. Oh well...he didn't seem to have any regrets.

Max❣️Liz
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

He'd been a widower for like 5 yrs I think cause Marlena was a little older than him I believe and she was the first to go cause of cancer I think it was.

i don't wanna tell you anything about the movie lol Just have to watch and see
Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, she did die of cancer....and thanks I don't want to be spoiled. He preferred that she went first so she wouldn't have to suffer the heartache and loneliness he has felt since she passed.

Max❣️Liz
Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey030303 (View Post)
Yes, she did die of cancer....and thanks I don't want to be spoiled. He preferred that she went first so she wouldn't have to suffer the heartache and loneliness he has felt since she passed.
Yeah a true gentlemen even in his old age and yeah I would never wanna spoil any movie for ya especially a Rob one. and one so good as WFE
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know...and I appreciate that...

Max❣️Liz
Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey030303 (View Post)
i know...and i appreciate that...
yay
Old 01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey just wanted to say that I did find the movie at Wal-Mart. I had to hunt for it...they only had one copy! I don't think I will be able to watch it tonight, I am exhausted. These late nights are catching up to me. But I should be able to see it in the next day or so.

Max❣️Liz
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

YAY! Glad to hear that! Can't wait till you watch it
Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! The title is perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey030303 (View Post)
Hey just wanted to say that I did find the movie at Wal-Mart. I had to hunt for it...they only had one copy! I don't think I will be able to watch it tonight, I am exhausted. These late nights are catching up to me. But I should be able to see it in the next day or so.
Glad you found a copy of the DVD! I can't wait to watch it again...Jacob is just...

icon: Spike it up
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Isn't it? He looks so tan and just numa numa