Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
I know I am just waiting for her to show up, so I can bombard her with questions
*waits with Nikki for Ash*
Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oohh HP questions!! Hit me! This is exciting. Sorry to keep you lovely ladies waiting then

ETA: I read over what I missed.

Quote:
I love HHr and I'm not dying for them to be together and demanding it, but it's their friendship. I mean, Harry's the lead. He can be shown having this friendship with his girl best friend, esp since Ron leaves and it's only the two of them. Just me? I always feel so defensive cus me and pretty much every HHr shipper/fan gets yelled at for liking them, even if it's just the friendship we like. I know they aren't endgame. Doesn't mean I can't like them, right? I don't even like Ron or RHr and I thought they were cute in the new movie, so why can't everyone be a little nice to each other? It's just characters, movies, books...it's not real people and it's sad to be defined by what you ship.
The thing is, I don't have a problem with their friendship, I absolutely adore it because i relate to it. I respect the idea of having a male/female best friendship and not having it turn into something romantic, but come on, it's undeniable that Kloves likes Hermione to the extent where he wants to push her character up higher at the expense of others, like Ron and Ginny. And that in end, for movie only fans, pushes the idea of a Harry/Hermione ending when it's the furthest from canon. There's so much of their moments in the movie that requires context that doesn't get provided. I'm not trying to hate on you for liking that ship, it has nothing to do that with that. I'm critical of Kloves, and how he lets his perceptions and character preferences show so clearly in the movie, and he's obviously aided in that with Yates.

The classic example of this is the dancing scene in Deathly Hallows. While I thought it was lovely as a stand alone, for being a light moment in a dark movie, it still kind of goes against what Jo initially wrote, to bring home the romantic plot line. To outloud that yes, Harry/Hermione are close friends, but they fall apart without their linchpin, which is Ron. Hermione was supposed to be crying over Ron, Harry supposed to be brooding for Ginny's name in the map, and together they were barely supposed to speak. But I have general criticisms of Harry's character in HP movies to begin with. It's not against H/Hr's friendship, it's how its shown in comparison to the other relationships in the movies. It's not as a shipper that I criticize,m it's as an HP fan to begin with.

ANd Nikki, to answer your question - There is no particular 'set' ranking for the houses a hogwarts, but it's kind of undeniable that Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw often get looked over when the Gryffindor and Slytherin rivalry really shines through. But that could also be due to the fact that Harry's in Gryffindor, and the books are from his point of view and we don't get to learn much outside of what he really cares about. You know what I mean?

I'm sorry if I have a lot of typos in this, but I should really be in bed right now

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown

Last edited by Ellipsis; 01-12-2011 at 12:21 AM
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okie dokie. First question: Are the houses in any sort of order??
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I edited it in before I saw you posted that, near the end, to avoid my big essay

I'm sorry to get so carried away! I know most of you probably don't even care and that's cool

Dean&Castiel

Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ETA: Omg double post.

Its a sign, I should go to bed!

Dean&Castiel

Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love reading your insight to HP Ash especially since I'm still pretty new into it and aww get some sleep girly!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ahhh, I get ya So it doesn't mean that Cedric was in the dumb one or anything??

Poor tired Ash
Old 01-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

HAHA Cedric was anything but dumb he was the one who figured out the weird egg thing in the water. Mmmm Cedric in a bath....
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm posting essays and hoping you both are interested enough to get sucked in!

Oh no, Cedric is definitely not dumb, he's infact a very bright student. Hufflepuffs are not characterized as being unintelligent. Some may want to cast them aside as being "nothing out of the ordinary" but I think those are misinterpretations. Cedric, if anything, was a star student, star athlete, and a very popular guy. Something Harry also acknowledges in GOF, he's very tough competition.

Although Cedric did not figure out the egg thing himself, Moody told him to do it hoping he'd pass the information on, but that by no means he's dumb, these tasks were just difficult, Harry won because they were being orchestrated around him by Crouch.

Dean&Castiel

Old 01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Post away as many essay's as you want, hun. I love reading them

I always thought that, but I had people whispering in my ear that Cedric was stupid and that was why he was in Hufflepuff I would always say well then why does Harry think so highly of him?? Some people are just mean to me
Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I got that from the movie that he was the star everything and basically was just a fav around Hogwarts.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why would anyone say that? The text mentioned over and over again how popular, excelled, athletic, and HANDSOME he was Harry was probably envious of him in that he was always liked by everyone, and took his girl, but he could still acknowledge his talents. Those that were muttering that, are just silly. You can take my argument to them, you have my permission!

Cedric basically was. He was a ~senior, jock, A+ student, all that.

Dean&Castiel

Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually watched the POA today and I must say that I absolutely LOVE Sirius He is almost on the same level as Cedric with me and that is big

I will that, Ash and I will show them up
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I love Sirius too, he's so much love OotP hit me the hardest because of him

Dean&Castiel

Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I was sad with that one too poor Harry man it's amazing he functions emotionally with all he goes through.