Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
.................... Probably not as much but I feel it still would've been there because I remember at the time when we started seeing a lot more scenes of them, I was thinking, "Man it seems Burgess and GT has more chemistry than he does with AM."

However, thank goodness Burgess left because GT and JT has that rare chemistry. Y&R struck gold, and not using it right now. SMFH.
=
So there was a legit build-up in a romantic-ish looking direction right before JT took over then.

No offense to Burgess but I recall alot of fans were happy when he vacated the role.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes. Right now, I've been watching a lot of their scenes, so if I see any good ones, I'll gif them out since I've been gif centric these days. lol

You are correct about that.
But in Burgess defense, fans were also happy because at the time Billy Miller didn't renew his contract with GH, so many people were hoping Billy Miller was going to return. So it was months of speculation... and the Jason Thompson news was a shocker. However, I remember fans of Philly at the time, making manips about if GT and JT would look great together if they had the affair.

I didn't know what to think. At the time before the casting, I was like... wow another recast..... But I was sold as JT as Billy Abbott from his first episode.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I didn't know what to think. At the time before the casting, I was like... wow another recast..... But I was sold as JT as Billy Abbott from his first episode.
JT seems to be the only recast really accepted 100% as Billy since the departure of Billy Miller.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
JT seems to be the only recast really accepted 100% as Billy since the departure of Billy Miller.
Ironically, GT has been accepted as well.
So, GT and JT were the great character match. lol

I think even in a recent poll, GT beat out MS as favorite.
For me, GT is definitely my favorite because I wasn't a Phyllis fan at all with MS was portraying her.

I loved Billy most when Billy Miller had the role. Burgess, I actually liked more than many people because I sort of loved his rage to the character but he was miscast becuase it seemed he was missing all the qualities that made Billy Miller's version successful and he didn't have humour. David Tom was good for younger Billy, however, when he came back after Billy Miller left, it didn't work. He was too youngish for the role for me... and it's sad because David Tom is technically the original Billy Abbott... but the role outgrew him for me.

JT brought everything back! the humour and what made Billy Miller's version successful. Probably it's great that he worked with Billy Miller on General Hospital?
And I love that JT said that BM has been nothing but great and helped him with the character. So, probably he had the benefit of already knowing BM, to ask him why he was so popular as Billy Abbott.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Nooooooo!! Phyllis still calling Philly a "self destruction" mistake and that Billy will only ever love Victoria.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Nooooooo!! Phyllis still calling Philly a "self destruction" mistake and that Billy will only ever love Victoria.
When did this happen? And wow, you finally know more about what's currently going on with Philly than I do.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When did this happen? And wow, you finally know more about what's currently going on with Philly than I do.

Phyllis said all this while talking to Jack on 13/2 episode. They mentioned some online dating she'd been doing because I think she'd be sent some flowers ??? I'm not sure all I took in was the less than great Philly mentions.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Phyllis said all this while talking to Jack on 13/2 episode. They mentioned some online dating she'd been doing because I think she'd be sent some flowers ??? I'm not sure all I took in was the less than great Philly mentions.
Thanks, I guess I'll make sure I don't delete that episode. I've been recording them but just haven't been watching them for my sanity. lol Probably next week I'll fast forward catch up on worth of 3 weeks of stuff. Villy and Chick will be great for fast forward. Will save me the time of listening to the same conversations over and over again.

If only these were dependable writers, it would've been great for it to be a Phyllis/Billy/Victoria triangle. I feel under the correct writing staff, it would be that thing that the new Y&R are looking for to bring some fans back.

Also, even when Billy and Phyllis were having the affair, Phyllis was jealous of Victoria so, I actually can say that at least she's written in character. And Billy was the one to kept convincing her he doesn't love Victoria but she never believed him. Even when she choose Billy over Jack, she eventually felt guilty for doing that because she felt she was stupid to fall for a guy who was still in love with his ex-wife.

However, there was a scene with Billy and Victoria that confirmed where Billy heart really lies. When he was talking with her, he was fantasizing about being with Phyllis and ending up with her.
In another scene, Victoria knew someone else had Billy heart, she just didn't know who that was....

So, what I believe is happening, is that Billy is doing what everyone expects of him. They expect him to screw up and be with Victoria again, so that's what he wants to do. He sort of has a history of it... even in that elevator scene with Phyllis (last scene I saw), he said he didn't know why he tried to do the right thing or change when people expects the worst of him. So, Billy isn't the character who says, "Oh I'm going to prove you wrong."... he does the opposite.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

^ Agreed! They have great foundation for a legit triangle of Philly vs Villy. You might have a better read on it when you watch 13/2 of what the emotions were when Phyllis said Billy's heart is only Victoria's. To me she seemed resigned like she definitely thinks it's true or it's what she's telling herself.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well if we are going by the writing staff right now, they probably are since it seems they want to push through to Villy even if a lot of people have displeasure towards it (at the moment).....
I know I was for putting them together but from the recent scenes I've watched, I change my mind. Victoria really just tears Billy down, no idea how they would work again. I'll give them 5 months MAX before they break up for the same exact reason they always do......

If anything Phyllis will get her Villy "wish" lol Billy finally taking Phyllis advice from a long while ago.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

How are things going with them now?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
How are things going with them now?
No idea, because I'm 2 weeks behind.
However, I finally watched that episode that Nicole watched. AND WOW!! She wasn't lying! those scenes are terrific.

Please keep Phyllis & Billy as FRIENDS PLEASE!!!
I'm not one of those fans who want them together right now. They are my favorite ship of the moment and all but NOOOO.

Their friendship is great because how Phyllis is right now. Calling Billy out, and knowing him so completely. Just loved every bit of it, and Billy helping Phyllis out of her bad date.

I LOVED EVERYTHING.

They can put and destroy Villy again all the want but just keep Philly out of it and keep them as struggling friends with hidden feelings for now.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

However, I finally watched that episode that Nicole watched. AND WOW!! She wasn't lying! those scenes are terrific.

Please keep Phyllis & Billy as FRIENDS PLEASE!!!
I told you so. Great scenes.

Yes keeping them as friends is good because it is where they started before all the mess of the affair.
They can always be revisited further down the line because Villy splitting is an inevitable concept of reality.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gina did perfect during this scene. She was just so miserable on this date and Billy just looking at if he should help or not. lolol

Quote:
I told you so. Great scenes.

Yes keeping them as friends is good because it is where they started before all the mess of the affair.
They can always be revisited further down the line because Villy splitting is an inevitable concept of reality.
Yes it was. Haven't seen anything sense but wanted to finally see that episode and it wasn't a let down. Was those the only scenes you saw from the episode?

I agree and actually it started with REVENGE for Victor. So, it started as revengeful friends. And than support, and than the affair which is when things got all messy.

Yup, in less Sally wants to shock the world and make Villy stay together, I don't see it. .. from the history, they'll be broken up by the end of the year. So, while that's going on, just give me a side Philly friendship and it'll be good.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
[FONT="Tahoma"]
Yes it was. Haven't seen anything sense but wanted to finally see that episode and it wasn't a let down. Was those the only scenes you saw from the episode?
The only scenes I can remember (now ) is the kiss and the post-kiss scene where Phyllis lays into him about his motives for the kiss. So that's probably all I did watch at the time.