Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I know what you mean I'm over the current stories too.
Hopefully it starts picking up or I'll be taking a hiatus from the show...
Old 08-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

^ Any thoughts I may have had at taking a break from B&B were put on immediate hold when I heard about Thomas/Sasha.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In general, I'm starting to dislike rushed storylines, character development, romances.

What made pairings like Nikolas & Emily, Jack & Jennifer, and Angie & Jess so captivating, whether you liked them or not was the great build up. The build up to the point you are yearning for them to finally get together!

Sharon/Adam/Nick storyline was one that happened over weeks, than months and even a few years. And you were really rooting for a pairing and hating the other but it was written so great that you couldn't even hate the writers... well depending on which side you were on, but it was just written so crazy, but a good crazy. lol

What made characters like Helena from GH so hated was the actress and all the despicable things she did that will not just get brushed under the rug after a week.
The hate and the reaffirmations last.

So, for me it's upsetting for all these soaps to see couples in love after like a week (Summer & Luca) or getting married after a month while clearly being in love with someone else (Wyatt& Steffy)... both pairings which I probably could've liked if written better though because the chemistry is not the problem, the pathetic writing is.

I just feel the writers don't care anymore and they are rushing to the finish line instead of building these characters and relationships up to get the fans invested into the storyline.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree. It's hard to get invested when something is rushed far too quickly.
I also agree that chemistry was not the issue hindering Steffy/Wyatt it's how rushed they were in such a short space of time.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually felt Steffy/Wyatt could've been one of the best storylines for B&B for awhile, if they kept the friendship there and Steffy could've eventually leanred for herself that Liam isn't right for her and eventually overtime, she could've start seeing how Wyatt is always there for her. Like that'a a love story I could've gotten into because let's be honest this Liam/Steffy nonsense is a bit of re-written.

When has Liam ever been this obsessed with Steffy? Probably it was the amnesia. But it was always Steffy, trying to be with him and trying to sabotage his relationship and Liam never being as devoted to Steffy as she was too him so the re-write history is difficult to watch.

I just feel it's a horribly written storyline, and I'm not rooting for either party here. lol
Although I probably am rooting a tiny bit more for Steffy/Liam to get under Quinn's skin and for Wyatt to finally get upset with the damage his mother has done...

I think the rushed storyline is part of me slowly drifting away from all of these soaps right now, and reliving the classics. lol
Old 08-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I actually felt Steffy/Wyatt could've been one of the best storylines for B&B for awhile, if they kept the friendship there and Steffy could've eventually leanred for herself that Liam isn't right for her and eventually overtime, she could've start seeing how Wyatt is always there for her. Like that'a a love story I could've gotten into because let's be honest this Liam/Steffy nonsense is a bit of re-written.

When has Liam ever been this obsessed with Steffy? Probably it was the amnesia. But it was always Steffy, trying to be with him and trying to sabotage his relationship and Liam never being as devoted to Steffy as she was too him so the re-write history is difficult to watch.

I just feel it's a horribly written storyline, and I'm not rooting for either party here. lol
Although I probably am rooting a tiny bit more for Steffy/Liam to get under Quinn's skin and for Wyatt to finally get upset with the damage his mother has done...

I think the rushed storyline is part of me slowly drifting away from all of these soaps right now, and reliving the classics. lol
Yes they could've been a great love story but as everything else Bell ruined it because he'd rather use every character to prop Steffy & Liam's rewritten love story.

The rewrite of Steffy/Liam's story started long before Wyatt entered the picture romantically for Steffy. I'm not rooting for Steffy/Liam or Steffy/Wyatt what I am rooting for is Wyatt to stop being so naïve and blind to what's right in front of him with how Steffy feels.
Ivy's return cant come soon enough I need her to shake things up and save Wyatt from this mess if he cant save himself from it.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I agree with you on that.
Sadly for a year, I haven't been enjoying how Wyatt character has been written so hopefully after this romance with Steffy ends, he finally opens his eyes, mature even more and have a fresh new romance.

Also though, didn't Ivy do Wyatt even worst? She seemed to be cold-hearted towards Wyatt feelings.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I love Wyatt (Darin) but I just can't watch his scenes right now because I'm so done with that storyline. I wish he could have a fresh romance with no attachments to Liam but that's never going to happen so I'd accept a Wyatt/Ivy reunion because I honestly believe he was rebounding just as hard from Ivy as Steffy was from Liam when they got together.

Ivy wasn't cold hearted towards Wyatt's feelings but in the end half of the relationship she did disrespect him a lot when messing around with Thomas then professing to still love Liam. But I do believe all of that was done to push Wivy apart so they could prop Steffy/Liam's relationship which seems to need endless propping to be relevant.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Ok this isn't a storyline in general, but really a history of storylines. Something that has always bugged me, is they have someone almost die, they get saved, and then a few days later they are walking around like nothing happened. Or they get a head injury and of course there was brain surgery, but they didn't lose their hair or scars, you just get the normal small head plaster and your fine. Or they get something that normally would be permanent like losing their hearing or being paralyzed. Only a few months pass where they "deal" with this new affliction and then they are fine. The worse is when they "die" in ways where you know their body would be different or they would have life long injuries. Nope they're perfectly fine and perhaps the only thing wrong with them is a touch of amnesia.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Completely agree with you. It seems to happen all the time. I feel injuries and everything need to last a longer time. I know it's a soap but come on. lol

I think on Y&R it upsets me the most. Adam gets hit by a car, and like a week later he is okay. Victor gets shot, and the next day he's okay... I mean really? lol
Old 08-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Completely agree with you. It seems to happen all the time. I feel injuries and everything need to last a longer time. I know it's a soap but come on. lol

I think on Y&R it upsets me the most. Adam gets hit by a car, and like a week later he is okay. Victor gets shot, and the next day he's okay... I mean really? lol
Y&R is just ridiculous with the fast recovery time on injuries. Adam got hit by a car then like a week later he was rushing to Newman Tower and was involved saving people in that fire.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All the rushed storylines on B&B and Y&R are upsetting me right now. It makes sense that they are sister shows.

Eric/Quinn are like the love of each other's lives now after being together like a month? I hope Eric is playing Quinn or something because I just don't get Eric, it's like he's a different person.

Wyatt naive about his mother??? WHY? It seems like he has amnesia one day after she does something.

Summer/Luca? .... too rushed. Too much.

Nikki Newman.... well at least she's in character with her easy forgiveness.

I'm so through with soaps just rushing SHT!!! It's no need for it. I think I just complained about this. lol

Not speaking for GH right now since I'm like a month behind but hopefully that's not going on in that show right now. lol
Old 08-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Rushed storylines in general, it's all about the plot now and hitting bullets on a timeline. Where is the character build up and the actual substance?
Old 08-21-2016, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Rushed storylines in general, it's all about the plot now and hitting bullets on a timeline. Where is the character build up and the actual substance?
Completely agree. It's getting on my nerve now and I think it's the reason I'm becoming uninteresting in all of these soaps right now.

I find it difficult to take any relationship or character seriously these days.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I am hating the Eric and Quinn pairing.

Donna