Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Helped you out there.
Thanks.

How did you do that?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It seems Judge Lauren Lake wants to guest star on a Soap.

Quote:
The tabloid-style daytime courtroom drama, Paternity Court, has been making waves with its “who' the daddy?” storylines since debuting in 2013, and any soap fan who's tuned in can tell you that the scandalous series rivals the drama on any of the four network soap operas. Of course, that may be because Judge Lauren Lake, star of the syndicated series, grew up watching juicy daytime dramas.

“I'm a huge soap fan,” she enthuses to soapcentral.com, adding that she and her family always used to watch Ryan's Hope, All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital. “I still remember when Luke [Anthony Geary] and Laura [Genie Francis] got married. And Anna Devane [Finola Hughes] was my girl! She was the power woman before it was fashionable. And I loved her balance of power and femininity.”

She continues: “Those shows bring back so much nostalgia of beautiful moments in my life. I remember coming home from school and my late mother was sitting at the kitchen table watching her General Hospital, and you come on in and get your snack and finish watching it too, trying to figure out where Luke and Laura are and everything else. It never gets old. It's always a beautiful thing.”

Considering she's such a big fan of the genre, it would make sense for Judge Lake to make an appearance on one of the four network soaps. After all, judges are in high demand for daytime dramas. Just look at The Bold and the Beautiful's recent choice to cast Home Improvement star Richard Karn as a judge and GH's choice to cast OLTL alum Hillary B. Smith to preside over courtroom drama.

"I wish they'd call me!” Lake says with a laugh. “I would love it. If they have a paternity saga, and they don't know who the child's father is, that's for me! Count me in!”
Source

I didn't see a lot of Luke and Laura but man is it astonishing how many people loved that couple. I guess it explains why their wedding episode still holds as the highest rating in Soaps history with over 30 million.
Of course I can't really say if I hate them or not, I'm just sort of partial and saw most of them during the Nikolas Cassadine days in the 90s.... but yeah, it feels anytime GH gets mentioned, it's a Luke and Laura mention. lol I guess because they saved GH from being cancelled.

Michelle Stafford and Eric Braeden reunite for a interview!
Stafford of course host interviews through her, "Single Mom A Go Go" show, which I have recently started watching a month ago.

I definitely agree with Braedon that I don't get how Soap actors are second class compared to other actors. I feel Soap actors are WAY better because of how much they have to film without reshooting... you will know if someone is a great or bad actor. So, yeah I feel Soap actors should get a lot more respect.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

^ Cool that Sheila's back for a year but I hope she stays on B&B for most/all of it because who really cares about round 345678877655 of going after Lauren.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Billy Miller but man do I want this news to be true since it's starting to spread. lol

If it's true, it'd make me definitely do a GH catch up. lol
I didn't even realize how much I loved Burton as Jason until all these recent speculation.
If true, bring my Natalia, Tyler and Vanessa back right behind him.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love Billy Miller but man do I want this news to be true since it's starting to spread. lol

If it's true, it'd make me definitely do a GH catch up. lol
I didn't even realize how much I loved Burton as Jason until all these recent speculation.
If true, bring my Natalia, Tyler and Vanessa back right behind him.

I need Emily and Nikolas back!

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree, and Natalia wants to come back.

Emily and Nikolas returning would be too much for my shipper heart.
It'd move GH back to #1 in my priority list for sure. lol

It shouldn't be too difficult, it's not like anything else major is going on.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMFG. THE RUMORS ARE TRUE!!
I can't believe this. I haven't freaked out about GH in years. lol

Old 06-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg wow about Steve he keeps switching soaps! I wanted him back for so l9ng but now I love Billy too. Conflicted about this now.

Last edited by quin0611; 06-28-2017 at 08:04 PM
Old 06-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

First Shelia Carter, now the origina Jason (Steve Burton) Man does it feel like Christmas. lol

Just bring my Nikolas and Emily back and I'd be on Cloud 9. lol
Old 06-29-2017, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Soap Twitter is more entertaining than the actual Soaps!

The Real Jason Morgan!

I have met Steve years ago. He is a great guy.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm still worried that Steve Burton will NOT portray the real Jason. But I hope he does because the storyline would make a lot of sense to me since we've seen how the current Jason's storyline has been with the whole amnesia and everything.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG! Could they just tell us whether Steve is gonna be Jason?

I'm sick of the fighting about just this on Soap Twitter!

It was fun to read at first but enough is enough!

The story is there already open for them to have Steve as the real Jason.

I don't even think these writers are creative enough to come up with anything else.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
OMG! Could they just tell us whether Steve is gonna be Jason?

I'm sick of the fighting about just this on Soap Twitter!

It was fun to read at first but enough is enough!

The story is there already open for them to have Steve as the real Jason.

I don't even think these writers are creative enough to come up with anything else.

Probably won't to save the suspense.
I want to know as well... be honest though I really would really believe that Steve was portraying Jason if the JaSam fanbase wasn't so big.

I guess I'm curious to how they pull this storyline out... probably the best way is if NU Jason truly believes he's Jason. And he ends up with Sam.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Probably won't to save the suspense.
I want to know as well... be honest though I really would really believe that Steve was portraying Jason if the JaSam fanbase wasn't so big.

I guess I'm curious to how they pull this storyline out... probably the best way is if NU Jason truly believes he's Jason. And he ends up with Sam.
This isn't about fans on Twitter.

This is about the gen. viewers giving a damn about this show again!

They won't if Steve isn't the real Jason.

This is about saving GH!

This is a last ditch effort in a lot of ways like Ron coming to Days.

I've read that the ratings aren't that far from each other.

That GH writers are terrified of what is going to happen when Ron & Sheri take over Days.

You take the only writer considered good & one of the classic writers that had a hand in creating basically the best of Days from most beloved char. to all classic Supercouples.

Days was at it's best in the 80's & that's b/c of Sheri. The ratings too.

You take those 2 writers & put them together no wonder GH is scared.

Especially since Ron saved GH already.

JER did the same for Days in the past.

So trying to save soaps isn't new but the ratings for all aren't the best for sure.

GH & Days I read are close at this point.

The fact that the SL of the 2 Roman's was such a success all around is the reason OLTL was willing to go there with the 2 Todd's.

Sam will end up with who is the most pop. couple between the 2 just like how it happened in the past. Yes this will partly have to do with Twitter fans. They can't ignore them completely. The SL isn't gonna be dictated by them.

This actual SL has been a success twice all around.

This is one of the smartest things GH could actually have done.

I will say that if they do decide not to have him be the real Jason then it will be b/c they are idiots that think only making fans on Twitter happy is important b/c all gen. viewers want is a well written SL.

They like certain couples but aren't going throw a tantrum over the shipping if the SL is well written.

Maybe I'm wrong & if I am then ABC & whoever else owns the show isn't serious about wanting to save GH.

The same goes with what Ron & Sheri do on Days.

Believe it or not there are viewers that more than anything have tuned out mostly b/c they can't stand the gen. writing of everything.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread