Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2017, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
^ No clue if I'm repeating myself. But as annoying as it is I've accepted that given Robert returned to the village with The Whites so he was always going to be dragged into their inevitable demise/exit from the show too because the obsession with tying him to that awful family never really stopped once since 2014. Hopefully other story opportunities will finally open up once that toxic lot are gone because he'll never be allowed to escape them as long as any of them remain in the village.
Oh I agree. I think one of the main reason I despised the Whites so much, is they were never part of the village. And the show had plenty of chances to make them be a part and make real genuine connections. But instead they kept them isolated and made them destructive to the village. And any character that became a part of their story became isolated up at HF with them. They were just this big vortex that sucked characters in and sucked away our time wasting screen time that could have been spent on better characters.

And what also makes me angry is they have waste all this time and energy and not once have they given me a reason to care or be invested in this story. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled we are finally saying goodbye to the Whites. But I keep asking myself, what have they shown me to make me care? With so many other things grasping for their audience attention, why keep delivering lackluster and mediocre. Though I think the only reason to watch is to enjoy Ryan's acting. I do think he's a fine actor and I wish the show would give him more and would give him something that was just his.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

^ I think what annoys me the most about using Robert for the Whites exit plot is that I feel it's mostly because he is popular enough that it's the only way there'll be any interest in the plot. The Whites are so universally hated by the majority of viewers at this point that pushing Robert in there running a revenge plot against them is the only way to create buzz/attention for their exits whereas if he wasn't involved noone would care.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ I think what annoys me the most about using Robert for the Whites exit plot is that I feel it's mostly because he is popular enough that it's the only way there'll be any interest in the plot. The Whites are so universally hated by the majority of viewers at this point that pushing Robert in there running a revenge plot against them is the only way to create buzz/attention for their exits whereas if he wasn't involved noone would care.
^Exactly they are sacrificing Robert because they effed up a whole family and they know they did. The Whites have been a giant mess and waste of time and energy. And greatly hated by the viewers and fan base. But they think they can get away with it because Robert is popular enough and they can flip flop him around enough that no one will call foul. It would be best for them to wrap it up quickly and get them out the door as soon as possible. Drawling this out is only going to taint things more, some times it's better to cut your losses and start fresh.

Coming up on new thread time, what should we call it?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^Exactly they are sacrificing Robert because they effed up a whole family and they know they did. The Whites have been a giant mess and waste of time and energy. And greatly hated by the viewers and fan base. But they think they can get away with it because Robert is popular enough and they can flip flop him around enough that no one will call foul. It would be best for them to wrap it up quickly and get them out the door as soon as possible. Drawling this out is only going to taint things more, some times it's better to cut your losses and start fresh.

Coming up on new thread time, what should we call it?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course I have no thread title in mind. lol
Old 08-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm all out of title ideas too.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Any good quote?
Old 08-24-2017, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

Um how about these...they're horrible, but I'm just throwing them out.

He's the blonde bad boy stirring things up in the village.

He'll empty your bank account and steal your heart, and you'll cheer him on while he does it.

He's our Trashmouth King, born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Because he's lost everything and he's still came out fighting.

He may play a bad boy onscreen, but he's a big soft Disney prince off.

He'll have you laughing one minute, to crying in the next, and wanting to punch him in the last.

Because he's savage af, in all the best ways.

This one is just awful, but now that I have thought about it. I have to include it.

He's had half the village, but he only loves and wants one Aaron Dingle.

Found a quote a fan wrote about Robert's current storyline that I like. "By far the best thing to come out of this storyline is Ryan getting the chance to show his incredible range as an actor, and his ability to just switch seamlessly between the different sides of Robert’s character. Ryan is a marvel and this storyline is at least giving us that."

We could say something like...

Ryan getting the chance to show his incredible range as an actor, and his ability to just switch seamlessly between the different sides of Robert’s character. Or if that's too long we could do, something like. Ryan has an incredible range as an actor, and his ability to just seamlessly between the different sides of Robert's character. Or just, Ryan is a marvel and this storyline, is at least giving us that.

Maybe something like, He can make even the worst material/storyline watchable with his talent and delivery.

He says more with facial expression than most actors say with a whole vocabulary.

Because Robert is more than his past mistakes & misdeeds. He's changed and is still trying to be more.

"Kidnapping people in bad Robert, I thought you changed Robert." (Ok this one wouldn't probably work, but it's just such a funny line. Ryan is one of the best at funny delivery.)

"How much weed could a wood chip chip if a wood chip could chip weed?" (Another great line, Danny has said that Ryan was able to do it right away and not get tongue tied.)

Perhaps a recent quote by Ryan about Robert. Or something that one of the cast like Danny or Adam or Lucy have said about Ryan.

Like this quote about Ryan that Adam said when Ryan got the nomination for the tv choice awards.

"Genuinely deserves it this guy! Hate to say it, but one of the most talented actors I've had the privilege to work with." Shorten it up or something... Like, "One of the most talented actors, I have had the privilege to work with."

Or Danny's line about Ryan's kissing abilities.

"Ryan's a good kisser, I quite like it."

Or another Danny line about Ryan.

"Ryan is just great to watch isn't he? So good! Pains me to say it. "
Old 08-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow that's a lot. My favorites are:
He says more with facial expression than most actors say with a whole vocabulary.
The best thing to come out of this storyline is Ryan showing his incredible range as an actor.
Because he's lost everything and he's still came out fighting.

He may play a bad boy onscreen, but he's a big soft Disney prince off.

He'll have you laughing one minute, to crying in the next, and wanting to punch him in the last.
I feel these 2 titles can be used for the Robron thread in the future.
Quote:

He's had half the village, but he only loves and wants one Aaron Dingle.
"Ryan's a good kisser, I quite like it."
Old 09-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Ryan won his first Best Actor award at the TV Choice awards. His surprise at winning was so genuine and adorable. So happy for him he deserved it he's shown alot of range this year with the soft & bad sides of Robert. Danny fanboying over Ryan's win was the cutest he's defintely Ryan's #1 fan.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh wow that's awesome. Thanks for posting that information here.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Ryan deserves so much praise for carrying this awful Robert/The Whites storyline on his back. I may be unable to watch it due to dislike of the other characters involved but through gifsets its clear to see he's smashing the part of devious schemer masterfully manipulating a trio of idiots who should know better than to fall for any of his crap.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Awww. I know how you feel.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Christmas/New Year can't arrive soon enough to get him out of this storyline and back to Aaron. I've never so eagerly awaited one half of a ship being in mortal danger but that's were I'm at with this plot.

There has been one brightside outside this plot though and that was when he was shown with villagers (not with the surname White) giving advice to not be like him which was sad because you could tell he was remembering losing Aaron.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Wow. I wished for my pairing to have a fight and for one half to get slapped, and you wished for one to be in danger. lol Whats up with our ships lately. lol

We know Robert and Aaron will find each other again, it's just all about the perfect storyline that leads to it.

Also, if you want, you can start the next thread.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread