Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I loved Aaron shocked, extremely taken aback facial reactions to hearing how much Robert wants him and is commmitted to making things right this time around.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I loved Aaron shocked, extremely taken aback facial reactions to hearing how much Robert wants him and is commmitted to making things right this time around.
I think Aaron's always had issues with realizing that people genuinely want to be with him. Considering the abuse, how many times he's been abandoned, and how many times he's been let down by people he loves.

The fact that Robert is so deeply deeply in love with his both unnerves him and makes him happy. I don't think he knows what to do with himself that Robert has given so much of himself to Aaron.

And I think it's the same for Robert, that Aaron could see the whole Robert. And not just accept him, understand him, but love him as well. The truest purest kind of unconditional love confused Robert as well.

But I think for both of them it gives them strength, an inner strength that can't be squashed.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

The thing with Robron is that they know everything about each other, even the terrible bits, but they love each other anyway.
Every night I save you.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I think Aaron's always had issues with realizing that people genuinely want to be with him. Considering the abuse, how many times he's been abandoned, and how many times he's been let down by people he loves.

The fact that Robert is so deeply deeply in love with his both unnerves him and makes him happy. I don't think he knows what to do with himself that Robert has given so much of himself to Aaron.

And I think it's the same for Robert, that Aaron could see the whole Robert. And not just accept him, understand him, but love him as well. The truest purest kind of unconditional love confused Robert as well.

But I think for both of them it gives them strength, an inner strength that can't be squashed.
Aaron has deep abadonment issues that will never 100% go away because of Chas abandoning him when he was so young and then suffering such horrific abuse in silence for almost two decades. Those two events combined together to create a worry within Aaron that will never completely leave no matter how much love he is surrounded by. His relationships with Robert and Jackson will both also have impacted those issues in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica001 (View Post)
The thing with Robron is that they know everything about each other, even the terrible bits, but they love each other anyway.
That's what makes them so perfect for each other because they accept every flaw within one another. They are each others strength and weakness.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aaron's been through so much that it's impossible to list everything that could have badly affected his mental state. And you're right, those sort of things will never heal no matter how much his situation has improved in just the last few weeks.

And they don't try to defend each other's flaws either and try to make them out to be saints. They just accept each other, which is the best kind of love.
Every night I save you.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica001 (View Post)
Aaron's been through so much that it's impossible to list everything that could have badly affected his mental state. And you're right, those sort of things will never heal no matter how much his situation has improved in just the last few weeks.

And they don't try to defend each other's flaws either and try to make them out to be saints. They just accept each other, which is the best kind of love.
Exactly because the abuse took away a part of Aaron he sadly will never get back even when he's gotten justice and seen Gordon punished for what he did. While he'll never fully trust Chas (this has been shown time & time again with his fear of telling her the truth and thinking she wont believe him ) because of the childhood abandonment and her other less than stellar motherly moments over the years.

They don't need to defend the flaws because they embrace them and Aaron has seen all the good in Robert from the very start before all the events that made him doubt it.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tbh I probably wouldn't trust Chas if she was my mother...

We didn't get much last night, but I admire how willing Robert is to go to prison just so he can see Aaron smile. At least his heart was in the right place this time.
Every night I save you.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't trust Chas either because she is a total snake in the grass.

Vic is the perfect little shipper ever. She called them smitten kittens.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that should be considered for a thread title at some point. And she was basically pushing them together at one point
Every night I save you.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

I adore the way Vic 100% supports Robron
Old 03-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

When she was pouting and said "smitten kitten" = the voice of the fandom
Every night I save you.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Yep she is the shows on-screen voice of the fandom.

It was so obvious that Aaron regretted the 'just friends' speech immediately the moment when he saw Robert put up no fight about it because I think he really wanted Robert to fight him on it.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

He definitely regretted it as soon as he said it. But I think they both caught onto the "for now"
Every night I save you.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Yep it's just "for now" but I guess the just friends status had to be reaffirmed after finding out about Robert's fake victim scheme (obviously his heart was in the right place and his intentions were good) because that really hit Aaron hard. The scene of Aaron finding out about that honestly hurt more than Aaron friendzoning Robert for right now.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

That discovery really hurt Aaron. He's taken so long to learn to trust Robert again to the point where he could even consider a reconciliation. Then he finds out the truth and becomes scared that maybe Robert hasn't changed after all. I understand why it would naturally impact their budding romance, so I don't begrudge that. I also love how willing Robert is to be Aaron's friend. If the alternative is not being in his life, of course he's willing to be friendzoned.
Every night I save you.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread