Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Phyllis Summers | Gina Tognoni (Y&R) #1: B/c we look forward to seeing her win an 3rd Emmy with her fantastic highlight reel.

Phyllis Summers | Gina Tognoni

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful OP.

What roles did she win the first 2 emmy's for?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I need to fix the OP. lol Just needed to put something there. lol I was just on a starting new threads mood. lol

She won it for her role as in Guiding Light.

Also Gina is currently my FAVORITE actress of all SOAPS right now. I'm just always blown away with her acting. So, happy she is now Phyllis. She turned a character I loathed to a character I like. lol
Old 02-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

She won it for her role as in Guiding Light.
I've never seen anything from GL. What type of character did she play to win the emmy?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ She got the Emmy for her great emotion range. And she was actually the 4th character to portray Dinah Marler. However, she was the only one who won an Emmy for the role, so, that shows what a terrific job she did and of course, rocked as a recast role. lol
Old 02-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

^ Ah so she has a history as the "recast" who then won an award. Fingers crossed lighting strikes twice.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I really feel she needs to win it, I don't think any performance (in the US) was better than her performance in court confronting Victor. I'm sure she submitted that one, and if she did, she's gonna get another Emmy.

Also, anytime when she was strong against Jack, or when she had long monologues was great. Also, her crying scenes.

Found a gifset of one of my other favorite scenes of her.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

^ I never saw that scene but it looks incredible surely good enough for her Emmy reel along with the court scene you mentioned.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
^ I never saw that scene but it looks incredible surely good enough for her Emmy reel along with the court scene you mentioned.
It actually explains why you probably didn't ship Philly or really couldn't sort of condone their cheating much because you didn't see those scenes. IF you just see them sleeping around and that's it, it's difficult to understand why fans enjoyed them. lol

But if you watch her scenes with Jack, and how Jack treated her.... it's difficult to root for them.... I'll be gifing a lot of scenes of her because I'm in a mood to do it but she put some powerful performances of being completely broken.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

^ Yeah the lack of watching alot of the scenes really didn't help give me much investment in much of the story at the time. Plus the type of affair SL that it was I didn't really like.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww damaged Phyllis this time last year. Just sad because her husband just couldn't understand the depths of her pain. I really wish that the show addressed THIS when the Billy/Phyllis affair happened. They ignored this, without ever really mentioning how Jack cowardness played a part of what pushed Phyllis over the edge.

He really never understood the DEPTHS of her hatred for Victor. but BILLY did.
Phyllis needed someone to stand by her side, NOT judge her. She needed someone to tell her that it was going to be okay, not tell her everything she was doing was wrong. She needed a shoulder to cry on... she didn't need a lecture to hear about.

All of that should've got explained and it was a missed opportunity. Jack should've know that Billy/Phyllis didn't just get together because one day they were horny. It happened over the course of months.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

It's a injustice to the integerity of the storyline and Phyllis that her reasons for doing everything she did were more or less sweeped aside just because of the affair. She had that short period of counselling but they dropped that so quickly. It seemed like noone aside from I'd guess Billy truly understood what she went through mentally because of Victor's games. Did anyone ever acknowledge the mental torture she suffered? Because it really feels as though the core reasons of the story wasn't explored in enough depth.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's a injustice to the integerity of the storyline and Phyllis that her reasons for doing everything she did were more or less sweeped aside just because of the affair. She had that short period of counselling but they dropped that so quickly. It seemed like noone aside from I'd guess Billy truly understood what she went through mentally because of Victor's games. Did anyone ever acknowledge the mental torture she suffered? Because it really feels as though the core reasons of the story wasn't explored in enough depth.
No that story wasn't explored which is why a lot of fans were upset in the first place. Phyllis was just looked at as horrible, and yes I do agree that cheating on her husband with his brother just wasn't right however, it didn't just happen out of no where.
It feels like the emotional pain she went through was just brush aside once the affair happened.

With Billy she felt free and not judged. With Jack she felt judged and hidden... and it doesn't help that Jack looked like Marco....

Billy understood Phyllis because he was in her situation with Victor interfering in his life.
Jack just wanted her to be the perfect wife and pretend that nothing happened.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

^ It should've been explored because what happened to Phyllis was horrible. The therapy was a good starting point and would've helped her so much if it had been for more than just the purpose of the affair coming out. It's a flaw that Y&R/B&B share lately they do a controversial storyline that involves rape then it's swept under the rug like that isn't what it was.

I may not agree with so much of what Billy does but he was the one person that Phyllis feel more than the damage caused by Marco so he cant be completely all bad.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ It should've been explored because what happened to Phyllis was horrible. The therapy was a good starting point and would've helped her so much if it had been for more than just the purpose of the affair coming out. It's a flaw that Y&R/B&B share lately they do a controversial storyline that involves rape then it's swept under the rug like that isn't what it was.

I may not agree with so much of what Billy does but he was the one person that Phyllis feel more than the damage caused by Marco so he cant be completely all bad.
Completely agree which is probably why the writers SHOULDN'T writer it if they can't write it correctly. Although I would say Phyllis reaction was written correctly up until the affair came out and it really didn't get discussed and of course Sally came to the show as a showrunner and restored to a great character who doesn't care much about Newman Enterprise and want his family to take over. Pretty much erasing any bad he did....

So, the biggest fault of Y&R is that they replaced showrunners in the middle of these storylines.

And yes, he made her not feel broken and guilty and that's what she needed.
Reply   Post New Thread