Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Why did JJ have to leave the first time?

LL2 was really taking off.

I want Becky to leave soon and JJ come back for it.

I don't even watch the show anymore but hate more and more how they have written Liz.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would like to see Liz go too. Without Lucky, tptb tend to not care to write her as anything other than a plot device
Old 09-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would like to see Liz go too. Without Lucky, tptb tend to not care to write her as anything other than a plot device
I would say that TPTB don't care about Liz when Lucky's not around and she deserves to be written as more than a plot device but we know that TPTB won't do anything that makes it worth it for her to stay around and it has been like this for her for years. Jamie, Jonathan left GH the first time to pursue a movie career and I think that Liz has suffered the most and ever since.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't help but agree with this. She's better off not being part of this show that treated her horribly and just as bad.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I would say that TPTB don't care about Liz when Lucky's not around and she deserves to be written as more than a plot device but we know that TPTB won't do anything that makes it worth it for her to stay around and it has been like this for her for years. Jamie, Jonathan left GH the first time to pursue a movie career and I think that Liz has suffered the most and ever since.
I know that and still I'm bitter about it b/c it's not like it did take off.

He hasn't had any real success until recently with Nashville.

I wish he had come back and we didn't have to suffer through Jacob as Lucky.

I liked Greg but JJ is the true Lucky.

I can't stand what they have done to Liz.

Then they finally get JJ back and write them like Crap.

They did the same thing to Sonny/Brenda too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He hasn't had any real success until recently with Nashville.
I have to wonder if part of this has to with his young family and the fact that he and Lisa don't live in L.A. or New York and I wouldn't be surprised if GH will want him back after "Nashville" is over.
Quote:
I wish he had come back and we didn't have to suffer through Jacob as Lucky.
I could tolerate Jacob as Lucky and he did win an Emmy for playing Lucky and in my opinion Lucky really went downhill when GV was playing him and it was clear that TPTB wouldn't give GV much to do.

Quote:
I liked Greg but JJ is the true Lucky.
GV was unwatchable to me as Lucky and he didn't handle his firing well and in my opinion he was a poor choice as a recast and I think that he would've been better suited playing another character who wasn't the child of a Super Couple.

Quote:
I can't stand what they have done to Liz.
There's not even any sign of things getting better for her either.

Quote:
Then they finally get JJ back and write them like Crap.
She doesn't seem to accept that Jason moved on and with Lucky she isn't the second choice like she will always be with Jason and I would've thought that she would have learned by now that Nikolas is selfish and nothing but trouble for her but, I guess not.

Quote:
They did the same thing to Sonny/Brenda too.
I think that the real problem with Brenda was that her fans were never allowed to even attempt to enjoy her being there, it was more like "How long is Brenda staying this time?" It became clear a long time ago that TPTB don't want her around and have long preferred Sonny and Carly over Sonny and Brenda for years to put it simply.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 09-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hate both JY and GV as Lucky for very separate reasons. JY was awful, and I feel like he just made Lucky into a borderline sociopath. GV on the other hand was just straight up unintelligent and made Lucky unintelligent. Lucky couldn't do his own damn taxes when GV played him. It all really comes down to the fact that Guza never wanted anyone to play Lucky other than JJ, and was forced to recast, so he took it out writing wise on the actors who played him. At least JY never trashed JJ like GV did. I refuse to ever support GV for his petty words; he was always pressed her never got any Emmy love.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I hate both JY and GV as Lucky for very separate reasons. JY was awful, and I feel like he just made Lucky into a borderline sociopath. GV on the other hand was just straight up unintelligent and made Lucky unintelligent. Lucky couldn't do his own damn taxes when GV played him. It all really comes down to the fact that Guza never wanted anyone to play Lucky other than JJ, and was forced to recast, so he took it out writing wise on the actors who played him. At least JY never trashed JJ like GV did. I refuse to ever support GV for his petty words; he was always pressed her never got any Emmy love.
What did GV say about JJ?
slbcwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't believe Jacob won an Emmy.

I never thought he even was that good an actor.

It's strange how easily it is to recast some characters like impossible to others.

I never thought I would love all the Carly recasts except Jennifer.

She wasn't on long enough to really count.

Greg wasn't really Lucky to me but I thought he at least had chemistry with Becky.

I don't like the recasted Jason or Lulu from what I've seen on YT.

Maybe I should watch more.

I don't know if I could put myself through the torture of this show has become.

What did Greg say about JJ?

The show still could have written Sonny/Brenda better when they were happening.

GH tainted even the early years for me b/c of the way they left things.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never thought he even was that good an actor.
When Jacob was playing Lucky Spencer he got screen time when GV was there Lucky never got much to do and it was clear that TPTB did not like GV or Lucky while GV was there.

Quote:
It's strange how easily it is to recast some characters like impossible to others.
I think that after what happened with GV that GH won't recast Lucky and Lucky won't be on GH unless JJ is there.

Quote:
She wasn't on long enough to really count.
This.
Quote:
Greg wasn't really Lucky to me but I thought he at least had chemistry with Becky.
I thought that there's a difference between night and day in how Lucky was written when GV was there and when JJ is there and I wanted Lucky to be written as an adult the way that he deserved to be which wasn't happening when GV was there to put it simply for me.

Quote:
I don't like the recasted Jason or Lulu from what I've seen on YT.
They are okay but, not great to me.

Quote:
I don't know if I could put myself through the torture of this show has become.
That is what fast forward is for in my opinion.

Quote:
What did Greg say about JJ?
I am still looking for exactly what he wrote and seriously I didn't like his lack of respect for another actor and JJ won an Emmy after GV was fired. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if GV deleted the comments that he wrote referring to JJ.

Quote:
The show still could have written Sonny/Brenda better when they were happening.
TPTB made it clear that was not happening while Carly is there and perhaps if Vanessa Marcil would've been more willing to stick around then I think that things might have been different for Brenda but the last two times Brenda returned it was clear in my opinion that TPTB did not want her to do much and it showed in Brenda's storylines.

Quote:
GH tainted even the early years for me b/c of the way they left things.
I didn't think that Sonny and Brenda would be end game at all because of how things were left during the early years.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't care about LL2 or Lucky when JJ wasn't playing him but I just didn't like Jacob for some reason.

The whole show by then was terrible anyway.

I can understand it being annoying for VM to not sign any type of real lasting contract.

Maybe they decided to take it out on the writing of Brenda and SnB partly too.

I don't think Endgame even exists on GH.

LL2 really to me are the only chance if Becky decided to leave or the show was over.

The days of Supercouples are over.

GH doesn't even have any left from the time.

None of them will stay even if they come back for short stints.

I don't even consider LL2 to be Supercouple status.

Yeah Sonny/Carly have been on a long time but I don't consider them a Supercouple either.

They didn't happen during that Era of Soaps.

It's sad since SnB did but I never expected Endgame for them unless the show was finally cancelled when they were together.

That goes for any of the ships that are together at the time.

I never shipped Luke/Laura but GH didn't even give them a real final scene when Tony left.

This is the Couple that is considered the First Supercouple.

That really doesn't make sense to me.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

X
Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Oh god, it's not the end of them. Not ever.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's never goodbye for them!
Old 09-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

With the sh't that have been going on, at least they gave us hopes that they will be back.
Reply   Post New Thread