Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
New Fan

Off the Air Soaps : 'Gone but not forgotten'

Does anyone remember some of these soaps ...

Edge of Night
Sunset Beach
Ryan's Hope
Loving

One of the very first soaps I ever watched as a KID was Dark Shadows ... Oh my I would rush home every day from school to watch it ... so anyone here remember any of them !!!
Queen_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Addicted Fan

oh i loved Dark Shadows... i was a little kid then though and i used to run around the house saying Barnabas and pretending to bite my mom or dad's neck. do you know it still comes on on this Chiller network or something like that... a few months ago there was a marathon and i totally watched it.

i never really watched Sunset Beach, i could never get into it, and my mom talks about Loving but i think it was before my time. Ryan's Hope though comes on on Soapnet though in he middle of the night but i've never watched a full eppy.

my favorite oldie soap though is Another World... i used to LOVE that show!!! i grew up on it and i still miss it to this day.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

I remember watching Sunset Beach when I was young. I was in love with Cole (Eddie Cibrian). I wished Soapnet would show these or a channel was made just for classic soap re-runs would be nice.

Dark Shadows comes on the Chiller channel. I have not watched it but since Johnny Depp is starring in the remake movie. I just might have to start watching them.

I always liked Knots Landing, Soapnet used to show those but stopped. They need to show them again.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I loved Sunset Beach. Their Terror Island storyline was one of my favorites, along with the cruiseship/tsunami story.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppardFan (View Post)
I always liked Knots Landing, Soapnet used to show those but stopped. They need to show them again.
i LOVED Knotts Landing too! it was the original Desperate Housewives IMO. it used to come on FX several years back too in the mornings and i was sad when they stopped playing re-runs of that too.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Just a head's up, I changed the thread title to be a little more clear and to hopefully get some more people into the thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Addicted Fan

^ i saw that and i was thinking that's a better title 'cause at first i didn't click on it when i read oldies because sometimes you get those spammers trying to sell stuff.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

It was an ad for classic 60's rock!

Old 03-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Addicted Fan

^ oh i know!

Dallas was another good oldie soap. from what i can remember they had the best cat fights.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

I loved Loving(Cally/Casey; Cooper/Hannah and the only triangle I was actually torn with Trisha/Trucker/Dinahlee); Santa Barbara(Cruz and Eden) and Another World(my all time favorite couple, Ryan and Vicky!). Those shows had my favorite couples of all time. Back when soaps were good!

I miss them so!

-Hannah
Umgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Addicted Fan

yeah i like Ryan and Viki alot but i loved Viki and Jake, though for a while i was a Jake and Paulina fan too... i was also a big Donna and Matt fan, not the norm i know, and was really sad when they broke them up. i also went against the grain with Tomas, i really wanted him and Angela together to be a family with Luisa, instead of him being with Maggie which i think was the couple you were supposed to be rooting for. and i loved Cass and Frankie too, Felicia and Lucas,and Sharlene and John. and even though i of course love Mac and Rachel i became a Rachel and Carl fan too after Carl's transformation. it still ranks as one of my all time favorite shows in general... i wish the reruns came on somewhere.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

It bugs me to no end that soapnet doesn't air old soaps. It's a freaking soap network. I watched some of the Another World episodes.... well, the Ryan/Vicky episodes anyways. I love them so much. I wish I could find edits somewhere online! LOL

I loved Frankie/Cass. Her murder is still one of the most henious things I've seen on tv. It gave me nightmares for weeks after. lol I liked Donna and Matt as well. Jenna/Matt/Dean.

-Hannah
Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I loved Sunset Beach. And Passions from 1999-2000. I loved Charity/Miguel
Old 03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I loved Passions but I gave up.... once it became clear that Luis and Sheridan were never gonna end up together. Plus, I couldn't take the Antonio stuff. So insulting. lol

-Hannah
Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes Passions was anoter good one. Luis/Sheridan fan

I bought Knots Landing season 1 dvd the other day. I have a long time till Paige (Nicollette Sheridan) comes on.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread