Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for your help, Tia.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Also, that quote about their love story staying does NOT surprise me since it's the only good thing along with Sharon's character that Sally has done right since she's been back on Y&R for less than a year (thankfully) this time. She has put Y&R to the ground to the point I no longer can even attempt watching an episode.

October 1st, I'll resume and can't wait to here about what's going on with Mariah and Tessa during that time!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Also, that quote about their love story staying does NOT surprise me since it's the only good thing along with Sharon's character that Sally has done right since she's been back on Y&R for less than a year (thankfully) this time. She has put Y&R to the ground to the point I no longer can even attempt watching an episode.

October 1st, I'll resume and can't wait to here about what's going on with Mariah and Tessa during that time!
I don't watch the whole show -- just the Teriah scenes -- because I haven't watched in almost 2 decades and I really don't care enough to catch up with everyone's stories, but my friend who does watch would agree with you, she says it's so boring and just dumb for the most part right now. I totally get that; a Spanish soap opera that I loved (Tia, you know this one ) got to be like that, and unfortunately it never recovered. It's amazing how easily a show can be run into the ground.

I'm pretty excited for Mal's stuff. I think Teriah is gonna really kick into high gear at that point. Not much further to go now!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dp
Old 08-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
I don't watch the whole show -- just the Teriah scenes -- because I haven't watched in almost 2 decades and I really don't care enough to catch up with everyone's stories, but my friend who does watch would agree with you, she says it's so boring and just dumb for the most part right now. I totally get that; a Spanish soap opera that I loved (Tia, you know this one ) got to be like that, and unfortunately it never recovered. It's amazing how easily a show can be run into the ground.

I'm pretty excited for Mal's stuff. I think Teriah is gonna really kick into high gear at that point. Not much further to go now!

No what is it? I don't know it. lol
I hope you at least start watching it full time when Mal starts running it. If you have the time of course. lol

You might like it. I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it right now. lol I'd recommend the Mariah/Tessa scenes... too bad no one is uploading their scenes on Youtube. I think.

I think most of the fanbase are pretty much in agreement with how bad Y&R is right now, it's unrecognizable bad.... no suspense. You can disappear for 2 weeks and wouldn't have missed anything at all because of the same repeated convos.....

So, I hope Mal definitely continues Mariah/Tessa and I love the idea with slow burn. My issue with a lot of the soap pairings today is that everyone feels they need to rush the romance. And it's nothing exciting about that. Slow it down and let it get bigger and greater.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

No what is it? I don't know it. lol
I hope you at least start watching it full time when Mal starts running it. If you have the time of course. lol

You might like it. I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it right now. lol I'd recommend the Mariah/Tessa scenes... too bad no one is uploading their scenes on Youtube. I think.

I think most of the fanbase are pretty much in agreement with how bad Y&R is right now, it's unrecognizable bad.... no suspense. You can disappear for 2 weeks and wouldn't have missed anything at all because of the same repeated convos.....

So, I hope Mal definitely continues Mariah/Tessa and I love the idea with slow burn. My issue with a lot of the soap pairings today is that everyone feels they need to rush the romance. And it's nothing exciting about that. Slow it down and let it get bigger and greater.
I know, I don't talk about that show often ...

I MIGHT start watching full time. I'd have to do some serious reading though to understand what's been happening this whole time. Maybe I'll just keep up with recaps or whatever. But the Teriah scenes do get uploaded to YT, so that's good.

And IA, with soaps there's no need to rush a romance. You have basically infinite amount of time to build up a relationship, so why jump into it right away? Building up a romance is easy drama, and writers always struggle once a couple gets together (and come up with stupid drama to break them up again/fight), so ... makes no sense.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Oh they do, okay good to know. And yes hopefully one day you can watch the show and actually grow to like the whole show and of course Mariah/Tessa can be the reason for you getting into it.

I agree, compared to normal regular television shows, Soaps have the longest time to build up relationships so I will not ever really get the need to rush, to quickly break up to the obviously affair to the make up and everything all over again...
Old 08-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm excited that CBS definitely have no plans of backing down with this storyline. That's a great step forward. Now let's see how they handle it. I have (some) faith in Mal, but ... it's cautious.
I'm glad their sticking with the story too instead of dropping it due to the bigoted haters.
I look forward to the slow burn of it that we're going to see especially now that the Sharon/Crystal storyline is taking center stage and connects to Tessa via her being Crystal's sister.

Quote:
It's like your describing me. I was fast-forwarding through episodes just to watch the Teriah scenes before they started being uploaded on YT.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The hate I have seen with these 2 through social media has been stupid... really can't believe some people are that upset? like really?
Someone even said that they felt they didn't have to deal with this on Y&R so they are quitting.... like WTF??? your 1 person viewership will hurt the ratings.

Mal don't cave into the hate and make the relationship stronger.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

^ I know right! The hate from some about it has been ridiculous.
CG has been amazing in shutting down some of the haters though.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ And it's even more reason why this romances needs to CONTINUE... although I'd love for Tessa/Noah and Mariah/Devon to break up ASAP. No need to deal with that additional mess.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

^ I think Mariah/Devon will split up first out of the two couples. Most likely whenever Kevin comes back in and lends an ear to help sort out Mariah's feelings.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I would like that. You think Mariah will tell Kevin about everything?
I wonder how Mariah still feels for Kevin, her feelings for him was also unresolved. lol
Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was fast-forwarding through episodes just to watch the Teriah scenes before they started being uploaded on YT.

Quote:
The hate I have seen with these 2 through social media has been stupid... really can't believe some people are that upset? like really?
Someone even said that they felt they didn't have to deal with this on Y&R so they are quitting.... like WTF??? your 1 person viewership will hurt the ratings.
Honestly homophobia is a hell of a drug. There are a million heterosexual characters on Y&R, past and present (and future), and people can't stand the idea TWO queer characters ... I don't get it. I really don't. I love the whole "I'm hetero so I can't relate to this, so I don't want to see it". Well I'm a lesbian and I watch shows without lesbians all the time because, guess what? It's fiction! And stories can be universal! Really, if people are that emotionally scarred by seeing two women (or two men) kiss, they need help. Sorry.

And viewership actually went UP 10,000+ last week, so I guess they really didn't stop watching like they said they were going to (shocking).

Quote:
CG has been amazing in shutting down some of the haters though.
She's so great.

Quote:
And it's even more reason why this romances needs to CONTINUE... although I'd love for Tessa/Noah and Mariah/Devon to break up ASAP. No need to deal with that additional mess.
Quote:
I think Mariah/Devon will split up first out of the two couples. Most likely whenever Kevin comes back in and lends an ear to help sort out Mariah's feelings.
Agreed on all fronts.

Quote:
I would like that. You think Mariah will tell Kevin about everything?
IMHO Mariah is going to slowly open up at first/drop hints or Kevin will figure it out and gently broach the subject with her. I think it'll be drawn out over a couple episodes, but eventually she'll tell him everything. I'm sure Mariah is bursting to tell ANYONE, really.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Mariah/Tessa are the main decent storyline going on... and anything Sharon related. lol

Sadly Y&R Sally era is battling series lows in ratings. for total viewership and demos...

Sadly the episode after the kiss, the next 2 episodes got a series low. 4.0 million in total viewers....
So, I'm very happy it jumped back up this week.

Thus far Y&R (#1 US Soap) hasn't ever dipped down to under 4.0 million total viewers however, under Sally's leadership and bad recycled living in the past 70s storyline feels, it happened in OVER 10 instances and the demos is at an ALL-TIME low, averaging 0.84 which is unheard of for Y&R.

Once I saw Sally interview when she came in, I knew that Y& was going to be bad, I just knew it... so I'm thankful that she got fired now rather than later.

I think the ratings will spice up with better story telling and more exciting story telling.
Mariah/Tessa will be including in that.

I can't wait to be able to watch my favorite Soap Opera again, not "The Victoria Times of the Restless", or "The Boring & The Tiredness
Closed Thread   Post New Thread