Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Yeah it would be terrible if Mariah lost all the people she loves for something that might not last.

I hope we see some proper Tessa POV about their changing relationship soon because Mariah's feelings are coming across very clearly since she keeps flashbacking to the kiss but Tessa's side of it is unknown at this point.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Tessa whole character is unknown because we literally no nothing about her, who she is working with, WHY she came in town, who she speaks with on the other line of phones... why was she stalking Sharon.

So... that's the problem with Tessa.

However, I went through a phase of just deleting Y&R episodes because the episodes were just bringing me down.
October 1st can't come soon enough.

However, I saw their kissing scene on twitter...
That was a great scene. And the aftermath of Mariah being so confused with her feelings.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

I swore I would never get into a soap ship ever again, but my friend just got me hooked on Mariah/Tessa. I think they have great chemistry, a good friendship, and I'm loving the slow burn.

I hope they continue to do a good job with building them up as a potential couple, but I'm very wary.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thank goodness this pairing has captured your attention.
I want to know more about Tessa backstory but I feel the direction of them will go well... definitely not easy because of course Tessa is with Mariah's brother......
Old 08-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Thank goodness this pairing has captured your attention.
For better or for worse. I'm being cautious with my heart because I know how easily shows can burn fans of LGBT couples/characters. But I get all hearteyes watching Mariah and Tessa be hearteyes around each other, so what can I say?

Quote:
I want to know more about Tessa backstory
Me too, especially with the Crystal stuff. I hope there's nothing that makes Tessa look bad/shady.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
For better or for worse. I'm being cautious with my heart because I know how easily shows can burn fans of LGBT couples/characters. But I get all hearteyes watching Mariah and Tessa be hearteyes around each other, so what can I say?
Yeah, and it's difficult with Y&R since they don't do a lot of LGBT pairings... actually they haven't really done one. I think a long time ago but short lasted but in the past decade or longer, no. So Mariah/Tessa can change all of that.

I think LGBT AND Interracial pairings have it the most difficult..... So, hopefully we see more of that.

Mariah is one diverse character. With a person outside of her race while attracted to a woman. Such an complex storyline. However, Mariah/Tessa are way better here. Don't care for Devon/Mariah but want them to break up while this Mariah/Tessa thing becomes bigger.....
Old 08-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yeah, and it's difficult with Y&R since they don't do a lot of LGBT pairings... actually they haven't really done one. I think a long time ago but short lasted but in the past decade or longer, no. So Mariah/Tessa can change all of that.
Yeah, that fact that they've like, never done one, makes me SUPER nervous ... but honestly, who knows? Y&R wouldn't be the first show to surprise me. I love the idea of M/T being their ~groundbreaking couple, and it's great they're getting so much positive publicity (to drown out the homophobic whining).

Quote:
Don't care for Devon/Mariah but want them to break up while this Mariah/Tessa thing becomes bigger.....
Devon is definitely still in love with Hilary. It felt like Mariah rushed into saying ILY to him because she thought maybe it would make her feelings for Tessa go away. She'll see it's not so easy ... I just hope that Mariah and Tessa break up with Devon and Noah, respectively, before they get together. I'm not a fan of cheating storylines (I know it's a soap, but still! Cheating always puts a bad taste in my mouth).

ETA:

https://soapoperatrash.tumblr.com/po...opeland-pining

CG does so much great acting with her eyes. You can really feel how badly Mariah wants Tessa.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 08-15-2017 at 04:47 AM
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow those looks. Thanks for posting that because I am not watching Y&R again until October, so I missed all of those moments.

I know Soaps have the affairs and everything but for me what would make this worst is that Mariah and Noah are brother and sister. And not just bro/sis who don't know one another or get along, they are pretty close and don't have much drama but whether Devon is secretly still in love with Hilary or not, Mariah is the one who is going to suffer the fallout from this.... she will look no better than Hilary did. She told Devon she loved him AFTER she kissed Tessa, WTF? I just don't like this for her.

Why does Tessa/Mariah have to be written in the middle of this?? Really hoping for Mariah and Tessa to break up with their respective others but doubting it.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
Devon is definitely still in love with Hilary. It felt like Mariah rushed into saying ILY to him because she thought maybe it would make her feelings for Tessa go away. She'll see it's not so easy ... I just hope that Mariah and Tessa break up with Devon and Noah, respectively, before they get together. I'm not a fan of cheating storylines (I know it's a soap, but still! Cheating always puts a bad taste in my mouth).

CG does so much great acting with her eyes. You can really feel how badly Mariah wants Tessa.
I HATE cheating plots too they are the worse (even if I accept them in some cases for selfish reasons ).
I agree, Mariah rushed into saying ILY to Devon because she was freaking out about what she'd just done by kissing Tessa. The fact she was downplaying it later to Devon and being completely okay with him not saying it back proves that.

CG is playing it so well with expressing her jealousy when watching Tessa/Noah.
I heard that Kevin might be involved as someone for Mariah to talk to about her feelings.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop now that Tessa has moved into Sharon's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

I want to know more about Tessa backstory but I feel the direction of them will go well... definitely not easy because of course Tessa is with Mariah's brother......
It's been revealed that Crystal is Tessa's sister and she does know Zack so there's some backstory finally.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Wow those looks. Thanks for posting that because I am not watching Y&R again until October, so I missed all of those moments.

I know Soaps have the affairs and everything but for me what would make this worst is that Mariah and Noah are brother and sister. And not just bro/sis who don't know one another or get along, they are pretty close and don't have much drama but whether Devon is secretly still in love with Hilary or not, Mariah is the one who is going to suffer the fallout from this.... she will look no better than Hilary did. She told Devon she loved him AFTER she kissed Tessa, WTF? I just don't like this for her.

Why does Tessa/Mariah have to be written in the middle of this?? Really hoping for Mariah and Tessa to break up with their respective others but doubting it.
GREAT looks, huh?? Don't worry, I'll post all the good stuff here so you can keep up on them without having to watch the show.

And yes, I agree, it would definitely make it worse that Noah and Mariah are actually close/friendly siblings. Unless Noah and Tessa mutually break up because it's just not working for them, and there's no hard feelings (and Noah finds someone else), then I think it will cause a big rift between them.

Mariah definitely made a mistake, but I think Devon is lying to himself too. Devon and Mariah are clearly using each other as an emotional/romance crutch. I think they get on well together, but as friends only.

I think it sounds worse if you haven't seen the scenes, but Tessa told Mariah that they probably just got "carried away" when they kissed, so I think a part of Mariah really wants to believe that, and I think she really DOES care for Devon, which is why she said ILY. I don't think she should have said it, but I can see why she did. And Devon didn't say it back and he also seemed to have a tiny inkling that maybe Mariah is crushing on/falling for Tessa, so ... I think if they broke up (before Teriah got together), it wouldn't bother him too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I HATE cheating plots too they are the worse (even if I accept them in some cases for selfish reasons ).
I agree, Mariah rushed into saying ILY to Devon because she was freaking out about what she'd just done by kissing Tessa. The fact she was downplaying it later to Devon and being completely okay with him not saying it back proves that.

CG is playing it so well with expressing her jealousy when watching Tessa/Noah.
I heard that Kevin might be involved as someone for Mariah to talk to about her feelings.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop now that Tessa has moved into Sharon's place.
Glad to see other people hate cheating storylines too. And yes, agreed, Mariah didn't care Devon didn't say it back, so ... I think that speaks volumes.

I heard about the Kevin stuff too ... I want to see that! I can't wait to see Mariah opening up like that.

I imagine loads and loads more angst for them now that they're living together. That and lots of heavily charged moments. It's such a classic set-up to have them move in together. I love it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, I actually think Mariah loves Devon as a FRIEND and she confused that with being in love. Even when she kissed Tessa, she admitted to not knowing what came over her and never doing something like that before. THAT's LOVE. I think because of Mariah's tough life, she really don't know the clear difference of being in love and just loving someone as a friend. So, these feelings for Tessa are taking her off guard.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I agree, I actually think Mariah loves Devon as a FRIEND and she confused that with being in love. Even when she kissed Tessa, she admitted to not knowing what came over her and never doing something like that before. THAT's LOVE. I think because of Mariah's tough life, she really don't know the clear difference of being in love and just loving someone as a friend. So, these feelings for Tessa are taking her off guard.
I like this interpretation a lot. I think you're spot-on.

I cannot WAIT to see their relationship develop more.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-17-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same here, I love the pace of their relationship so much and I hope for the pace to go the same with Mariah finding out what her feelings mean and how to handle it and of course it'll be tough but can't wait to see how it's handled.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
^ Same here, I love the pace of their relationship so much and I hope for the pace to go the same with Mariah finding out what her feelings mean and how to handle it and of course it'll be tough but can't wait to see how it's handled.
"tough" It's gonna kill me.

From the Daytime Confidential podcast (from August 7th):

Quote:
"I will say this. I have reached out to sources at the network. They are NOT pulling the story. The reason that it will seem like, you know, nothing's gonna happen, is that it is a slow-burning story ... [talking about Mal Young winning awards for a lesbian couple on Eastenders] ... they are not cutting the story. It will seem like there was a pause and part of that is because Mal is coming in [and Mal's stories will start in 2 months]."
I'm excited that CBS definitely have no plans of backing down with this storyline. That's a great step forward. Now let's see how they handle it. I have (some) faith in Mal, but ... it's cautious.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Updated the OP, thanks majesdane for making it and I added myself to the fanlist! if anyone else want to be added just ask for the add.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread