Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Honestly, I think it does make sense that they broke up. But maybe that's just me.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Majority of the audience wasn’t ready for it. I sure wasn’t. They had one fight and it’s done? Nothing from their breakup storyline made sense. Kyle is dead to me for the moment. Lol
Old 02-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I actually get it in this case.

I don't ship Kola but I've had ships in this situation before and it sucks. But it's the right thing to do for them right now. This wasn't just any fight. This was a "you're still in love with your ex" fight.

This wasn't a typical oh, we can totally work it out fight. This was a "we will forever fight about this if we stay together, we owe it to ourselves to be free," type fight. I'm sad for the Kola shippers, but it would be toxic for them to stay together.

Them staying together would cause them both more pain than them breaking up. Could you really stay with someone knowing that they're in love with someone else and could leave you at any second. Stay together and both be unhappy and/or fearful continuously?

Plus, as Lola said she saw her mom stay with Adrian despite being unhappy knowing he wasn't right for her and how much pain that caused Celeste. Lola doesn't want to end up like her mom.

I honestly do get it.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

That's exactly what doesn't flow. What Kyle said to Jack in today's Canadian episode completely ruins Kola's history. It changes everything and that's unfair. You can't write a story like that. Kola has alot of fans, I would even say they're the most popular ship on YR. You can't gaslight fans like that about a story. To make them fall in love with a ship over a year and a half with a beautiful story, in my opinion, and then say that all of it based on a lie. Then you can never be trusted again with anything.

It would have been one thing to say that spending time with Summer made him fall in love with her but to say that she was always in his heart and he was only with Lola b/c of the way she looked at him like he was a hero. Just nonsense. I hate it.

But whatever..he's dead to me. I will be forwarding through the Skyle scenes.. I'm only on Team Lola so that's where I'm at with this situation.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yeah, I do get where it seems rushed and all that. But as I said, I also get how technically it wasn't rushed.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nah... Kola weren't the most popular couple on the show.
Trust me I've been watching for a long time. Skyle existed way before Lola was even on the show since Summer and Kyle did grow up together so they had a huge fanbase and some fans felt that Kola were rushed... especially with the wedding.

Through the history, Kyle has always been in love with Summer! It's always been Summer to push him away UNTIL he met Lola.

And that's where I will completely agree with you.
I felt that although Kyle had the history with Summer, he got tired of her games and truly fell hard for Lola! He didn't expect it but he did. And their differences made Kyle love Lola more so yes I wish there was a little bit more of a conflict from Kyle.

I felt it was ridiculous for Kyle to pretty much devalue his whole relationship with Lola... straight up trash seeing as how when he was married with Summer he could only think of LOLA!

And that's where I saw I could see it from both sides... I don't think a person will always be in love with their first love. I believe you can have different loves at different stages of your life so to pretend his time with Lola was nothing? really?
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

If you look at the feedback on instagram, facebook, youtube and twitter..It does seem to me that Kyle and Lola is more popular, definitely more popular than Skyle. I'll have to post some of the polls I've seen when I get a chance.

If Skyle was that popular, how come 3 of the previous Kyle's didn't survive. It might seem on stan twitter that Skyle is most popular, but I believe that's deceiving.

People argue that Kyle and Lola was rushed..but people fall in love and marry within a year all the time. I have quite a few friends that's done this..celebrities do this all the time. If you know, you know..and it seemed like Kyle knew 100% that he wanted to be with Lola and vice versa.

And I agree completely with your other points. The way they've written this is just insane to me.. how they completely destroyed Kola's history. I can't even ship this couple anymore. He's a pathological liar and completely tricked Lola if what he's saying now is true.

ETA: to get an idea, you can look through this post from the Young and the Restless instagram account

All the green hearts are voting for Kola and it's not even close.

Last edited by SweetSymphony; 02-08-2020 at 03:09 PM
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
If you look at the feedback on instagram, facebook, youtube and twitter..It does seem to me that Kyle and Lola is more popular, definitely more popular than Skyle. I'll have to post some of the polls I've seen when I get a chance.

If Skyle was that popular, how come 3 of the previous Kyle's didn't survive. It might seem on stan twitter that Skyle is most popular, but I believe that's deceiving.

People argue that Kyle and Lola was rushed..but people fall in love and marry within a year all the time. I have quite a few friends that's done this..celebrities do this all the time. If you know, you know..and it seemed like Kyle knew 100% that he wanted to be with Lola and vice versa.

And I agree completely with your other points. The way they've written this is just insane to me.. how they completely destroyed Kola's history. I can't even ship this couple anymore. He's a pathological liar and completely tricked Lola if what he's saying now is true.

And I've also seen for more places than twitter fans preferring Summer/Kyle... or even the fans being a little bit more divided. Also, I remember when Summer character was the most hated character. lol Which was around the time Kola started which was good timing because Summer kept playing so much mind games.

Kyle longevity has nothing to do with Summer. lol
Kyle is Jack's son, so he was going to be around somehow.
Unforunately with the Kyle actors, a lot of them were not that well received.
Kyle and Summer grew up together however a MAIN thing stopped their romance from blossoming in 2013, Kyle and Summer believing that they were bother and sister because Sharon switched DNA results to make it appear as if Jack was Summer's father and not Nick. That lasted for a yeah until Phyllis awoke from her coma.

Kyle leaves town... returns after Summer finds out her deceased husband (Austin) cheated on her. After months of Kyle being by her side, they get together again. And than Kyle went to a job in New York... I believe this is the time that Theo and Kyle met each other OFF SCREEN! Since we didn't hear about a Theo during this time on the show. Long distance didn't work for Kyle and Summer so they broke up again. Kyle got recast again for his return in 2018 with Michael Mealor who is still portraying Kyle.

And this is where I agree with you at... when Kyle returned to town all he wanted was Summer! However, Summer was tired of romance and she didn't want any serious romances ... she just wanted to play mind games... and she even bet she would bed Billy Abbott... which she disgustingly did. Kyle meets Lola and he's is smitten by her and just loves how she is. He is growing closer to Lola while he slowly gets over his feelings for Summer since he doesn't believe she'll ever be serious. And especially when she told him that she was like his brother....

He finally decided to take his relationship with Lola seriously and that's around the time where Summer realizes what she lost.

However, I felt that around the storyline with Summer liver it's when we realize how much Kyle loves Lola. He did anything to get Summer to give up her liver just for Lola could live. He agreed to marry Summer but it was ALL ABOUT LOLA! And this is where I believe the current mistake was... you can't pretend that it's ALWAYS been Summer when we clearly saw Kyle move on from Summer. He was married to Summer and he couldn't get Lola out of his head which is why that was a short lasting marriage... and he of course married Lola after that... and Summer was left looking crazy. lol

Old 02-11-2020, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

I'm telling you girl..the Kyle / Lola love is all over facebook..every comment is about how they want Kyle and Lola back and they hate this storyline. There's one post I saw with over 1,000 likes that was supporting Kola.

This video has me in tears.

It's a break up video. Say something, I'm giving up on you
Old 02-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Kola and Skye fanbase is split down the middle from what I've seen. lol
However, who knows? what I do know is that the writing for Kyle is trash. I love what Nick was telling Phyllis in today's episode about how Kyle dumped Summer when he was married to her because he couldn't let go of Lola. So the writing for him is sort of unrootable.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

So unrootable. He's dead to me. I can't believe what the writers were thinking going this route.

The scene today made me so sad, with the flashbacks.

I'm glad Lola wants a quick divorce..just get away from his evil miserable self.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I hate what they've done to Kola. Makes no sense whatsoever! Never once saw him pining for Summer when he was with Lola. Beyond terrible rewrite, they've made Kyle into a complete ass!
Old 02-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

I hate it when that happens.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon1982 (View Post)
I hate what they've done to Kola. Makes no sense whatsoever! Never once saw him pining for Summer when he was with Lola. Beyond terrible rewrite, they've made Kyle into a complete ass!
Cause this jerk face never pined for her! It all happened in 3 days..

He goes from saying “She is everything to me. You said everything you needed to say to me. Nothing’s changed, not for me. I fought like hell to marry that woman.” To now??? I feel like we missed a month of story.

I think the rush has got to do with Hunter's new show. She might be leaving so they're rushing all this before she leaves.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Cause this jerk face never pined for her! It all happened in 3 days..

He goes from saying “She is everything to me. You said everything you needed to say to me. Nothing’s changed, not for me. I fought like hell to marry that woman.” To now??? I feel like we missed a month of story.

I think the rush has got to do with Hunter's new show. She might be leaving so they're rushing all this before she leaves.
Exactly! He was completely in love and devoted to Lola. The whole thing is just ridiculous. Wonder what they'll do with Summer's character if Hunter leaves, kill her off or recast? Really hope they don't recast. Anyway, loved Rey going at Kyle and calling him selfish and manipulative. Go Rey!