Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was reading the recent Kate interview and for some reason something she said reminding me of Jaime. She said it was difficult at first to understand Gabby because of the way she was explained as this confident, brave, strong woman and the Abby she played when she was on the show was like that.

So I guess, she probably didn't understand Abby becoming so much softer since she left...

Also she didn't mentioned BM with the people she missed. You know people are going to read into that one....[

Quote:
Digest: What was it like for you to get back into character?

Mansi:
I think the answer is simple: In some ways I don’t have to work too hard because it’s just naturally there and it’s a part of me that’s never left, but just like true to life, we change and grow and there’s more depth as time goes on. So with Abigail, when I got back, I had to reacquaint myself with everything that I already knew, plus my perspective Opens a New Window. on how the circumstances in her storyline would play out for her in her psychology and how that would affect her decisions. For example, Marci Miller’s version of Abigail was quite softer than mine. Before I started, people were informing me about the real differences between Gabby and Abigail and it came down to Gabby acted more from her emotions and Abigail is more rational and that Gabby was a little more brave and self-assured. That was the most difficult thing for me to adjust to because all of the qualities they were telling me of Gabby were qualities that I strongly connected to and enhanced with Abigail. When I got back to being Abigail, I had to work harder to access that part of me than I did to create Gabby because that was actually more familiar to me.

Digest: Who were you excited to see when you went back?

Mansi:
Missy [Reeves, Jennifer], Lauren [Koslow, Kate], Kristian [Alfonso, Hope], Mary Beth [Evans, Kayla], Eric Martsolf [Brady], the people I really spent time with when I was there. And also I was so excited to see Greg Vaughan [Eric]; we’re very close. I was excited to see Thomas, my son, again. My sister had identical twin boys and I wanted to have them play Thomas, but I didn’t realize he’s been aged so much, so I was excited to meet my children.

Full Soap Opera Digest Interview
Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

She is already killing it as Abby. It’s like she never left
Old 12-05-2018, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Abby was way too soft with MM. She never had enough fire even in the end to be real Abigail Deveraux DiMera.

KM is right about the char. & she should know how Abby should be written since she played her as an adult for 5 years.

That is longer than any other actress.

Plus she made the most impact. So many tweets are calling KM the real Abby too.

I never found MM being strong believable. She is more the damsel type & that's not Abby ever!

She always had a strength to her with KM in the role.

There are tweets I could post pointing out the diff. that bash MM as Abby a lot but I won't in this thread.

Days tapes so far in advance. They are close to July right now.

KM is already back for another short stint. There have been pics of her back on set.

Billy Flynn wasn't asked back. So don't know what that means for Chad.

Chabby supposed to go off screen together in Feb.

I'm hoping they aren't still together even kill Chad off.

This makes it official that Days wants KM as Abby & will likely have more short stints like other actors have on the show.

There are still haters b/c they liked MM & KM still almost 5 years later gets hate for EJabby.

Not just as Abby but the actress.

Majority are loving her back though.

Even some haters of Abby with MM are liking the char. again.

B/C KM can make you feel for Abby with her acting.

The SL is crap but KM has made it watchable.

It's b/c she always acts the hell out of everything.

She doesn't know what it would be to check out like BF is right now.

He is giving nothing for her to work with to me.

It's glaringly obvious now just how awful BF has become when you have KM giving it her all.

TC did his best acting actually everybody is saying. He even was able to cry & really seemed to step up.

Fans are giving KM credit for waking him up.

BF still just sleep walking basically.

I don't know what went down with KM & BF but they seem to really dislike each other now.

Rumors are that Days was fed up with his antics & fired him.

The fact he wasn't asked back makes me think it might be true.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am happy to say that I loved both MM and KM as Abby but for different reasons. lol

I love having KM back though, she just stepped back into the role.

Well to me the difference with TC and BF is that BF checked out of the storyline and you could see it on screen... I even mentioned it months ago about how shocked I was to watch on screen an actor check out of a show like he did because you can clearly see it on screen.

TC has a terrible character with no redeemable qualities and there is absolutely nothing to care about with the character. The only story they really gave him was being obsessed with an alter. His best work is when he is with everyone besides obsessed with Gabby. lol So... yeah his character is straight up ruined for me.

Great seeing Abby play Stefan they way she's doing and seeing KM portray it so perfectly.

It's a shame if KM and BF really did distance because of something that happened.... hope it's not true but from on screen and the interview, I dunno... but at least BF did welcome her back through twitter so who knows.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm just so happy KM is already back for another short stint!

I tweeted this last night.

I think JS/KM enjoyed working together both only said good things about each other.

It just really shows in their scenes too. I'm prob. biased but they seemed to like each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I am happy to say that I loved both MM and KM as Abby but for different reasons. lol

I love having KM back though, she just stepped back into the role.

Well to me the difference with TC and BF is that BF checked out of the storyline and you could see it on screen... I even mentioned it months ago about how shocked I was to watch on screen an actor check out of a show like he did because you can clearly see it on screen.

TC has a terrible character with no redeemable qualities and there is absolutely nothing to care about with the character. The only story they really gave him was being obsessed with an alter. His best work is when he is with everyone besides obsessed with Gabby. lol So... yeah his character is straight up ruined for me.

Great seeing Abby play Stefan they way she's doing and seeing KM portray it so perfectly.

It's a shame if KM and BF really did distance because of something that happened.... hope it's not true but from on screen and the interview, I dunno... but at least BF did welcome her back through twitter so who knows.
You are lucky. I know I'm biased but MM has been being bashed a lot with KM back.

I think I mentioned that RC gets paid for creating Stefan.

BB is still taping. So the char. isn't going anywhere it looks like.

To me the only way Stefan can be saved is if he finds a woman to have a clean slate with admits he raped Abby & that Gabby was only an alter.

BF sadly checked out & admitted to phoning it in an actual interview back when Chabi & Chabby 3.0 were both happening.

The last good performance to me he did was mourning Abby.

It sucks that TC got such a horrible char. & SL.

I wish they never did the DID & just did a reg. triangle with Chad/Abby/Stefan.

I couldn't have been any worse than what we got that's for sure.

After seeing how bad BF acted in scenes so far again with KM I feel like that tweet was just for show sadly.

It's interesting that KM talked about enjoying working with TC only in that interview.

There are just so many little things that make it seem like KM & BF don't like each at all anymore.

The comments he made about how after MM as Abby couldn't be recast for Ex.

KM at least hasn't made any comments shading him the way he has her.

I keep up with these things.

The things is I remember BF giving KM a lot of credit in the same interview I talked about above.

He talked like he was gonna miss her when she left too.

I've read that BF was jealous when KM won her Emmy. This was only rumored though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-06-2018 at 06:26 AM
Old 12-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll reply to all of that when I am not at work but I love this twitter exchange between Kate and TC.

I love it because I remember when TC first joined I was curious with how Kate and TC would work together even though I was enjoying TC/Marci chemistry until the terrible storyline. lol
''

Old 12-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Like I said it's b/c KM like many fans said woke TC up.

Some fans call her Kate The Great.

These are so pretty.

They are a lot bigger than on the tweets & have more linked.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I'm just so happy KM is already back for another short stint!

I tweeted this last night.

I think JS/KM enjoyed working together both only said good things about each other.

It just really shows in their scenes too. I'm prob. biased but they seemed to like each other.

You are lucky. I know I'm biased but MM has been being bashed a lot with KM back.

I think I mentioned that RC gets paid for creating Stefan.

BB is still taping. So the char. isn't going anywhere it looks like.

To me the only way Stefan can be saved is if he finds a woman to have a clean slate with admits he raped Abby & that Gabby was only an alter.

BF sadly checked out & admitted to phoning it in an actual interview back when Chabi & Chabby 3.0 were both happening.

The last good performance to me he did was mourning Abby.

It sucks that TC got such a horrible char. & SL.

I wish they never did the DID & just did a reg. triangle with Chad/Abby/Stefan.

I couldn't have been any worse than what we got that's for sure.

After seeing how bad BF acted in scenes so far again with KM I feel like that tweet was just for show sadly.

It's interesting that KM talked about enjoying working with TC only in that interview.

There are just so many little things that make it seem like KM & BF don't like each at all anymore.

The comments he made about how after MM as Abby couldn't be recast for Ex.

KM at least hasn't made any comments shading him the way he has her.

I keep up with these things.

The things is I remember BF giving KM a lot of credit in the same interview I talked about above.

He talked like he was gonna miss her when she left too.

I've read that BF was jealous when KM won her Emmy. This was only rumored though.

So exciting we will be getting a good amount of Abby.

Well yeah you do love your EJabby so. lol
Loved their scenes together as well.

I guess probably because with me, I try not to look at social media that much. I am on twitter a lot but I watch the episodes and form my own opinion and than just go on social media later and ready reactions from my timeline.

Well another fan was on twitter talking about Stefan... how shock they were with the bad character TC got handled by Ron.... and how they can't believe Stefan came out of RC's imagination.
And I think we all pretty much agree... the character is a mess. It's really not much to like.

I completely agree with you if they want to redeem Stefan character! the clean state is him coming to the realization that Abby is truly mentally ill and who he fell in love with was a lie. And probably get flashbacks of his past to why he is this desperate for love or something.

I remember when BF admitted that and at the time fans were okay with that because they didn't like Chabi. And I remember at the time I was thinking that I don't think it's good to phone out. lol But now when it's against Chabby, everyone is against it...

Doesn't matter who it's for, you should at least always try to be in the scene and not zone completely out.

A regular triangle would have been better!
Especially since at the Emmy's a few months ago, Ron did admit that he wanted Stefan and Abby together so he went the DID storyline just for Abby wouldn't cheat or something like that.

This storyline also would've been better if Stefan NEVER met Abby at first, and when he first meets Abby, it's when she has the alter of Gabi... that way he doesn't know about the mentally ill part of her.

If the BF and KM stuff is true, I guess she was probably happier to come back until this storyline with Stefan since she was working more with TC in her return. lol
It's just a shame Stefan is so ruined to me....

I remember when BF hugged Kate when she won her Emmy though... he looked happy for her.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Someone finally believes Abby & KM plays the subtle relief so perfect here with just her eyes.

My Abby has Julie in her corner now.

KM continues to get mostly praise on Soap Twitter.

Quote:

So exciting we will be getting a good amount of Abby.

Well yeah you do love your EJabby so. lol
Loved their scenes together as well.

I guess probably because with me, I try not to look at social media that much. I am on twitter a lot but I watch the episodes and form my own opinion and than just go on social media later and ready reactions from my timeline.

Well another fan was on twitter talking about Stefan... how shock they were with the bad character TC got handled by Ron.... and how they can't believe Stefan came out of RC's imagination.
And I think we all pretty much agree... the character is a mess. It's really not much to like.

I completely agree with you if they want to redeem Stefan character! the clean state is him coming to the realization that Abby is truly mentally ill and who he fell in love with was a lie. And probably get flashbacks of his past to why he is this desperate for love or something.

I remember when BF admitted that and at the time fans were okay with that because they didn't like Chabi. And I remember at the time I was thinking that I don't think it's good to phone out. lol But now when it's against Chabby, everyone is against it...

Doesn't matter who it's for, you should at least always try to be in the scene and not zone completely out.

A regular triangle would have been better!
Especially since at the Emmy's a few months ago, Ron did admit that he wanted Stefan and Abby together so he went the DID storyline just for Abby wouldn't cheat or something like that.

This storyline also would've been better if Stefan NEVER met Abby at first, and when he first meets Abby, it's when she has the alter of Gabi... that way he doesn't know about the mentally ill part of her.

If the BF and KM stuff is true, I guess she was probably happier to come back until this storyline with Stefan since she was working more with TC in her return. lol
It's just a shame Stefan is so ruined to me....

I remember when BF hugged Kate when she won her Emmy though... he looked happy for her.

I pointed out about how stupid BF was to admit to phoning it in that interview & was the start of me not liking him as much.

He did actually praise KM a lot in that same interview though.

Stefan not knowing Gabby was an alter could have made such a huge diff. with this SL.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-11-2018 at 04:40 AM
Old 12-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That latest Chabby scene was pretty good and hot. Gotta admit that even if I don't care for them as a pairing right now although we all know it's going to end with a rushed reunion unfortunately.

Agree with everything else you said.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

More edits.

There is a thread that has lots more & bigger.

Soaphub How fans feel about about Kate Mansi back: Poll

Yay, 81% cheer, Kate is back and all is right with the world! Marci Miller was a fine fill-in, but Kate is the actress who made you fall in love with Abigail and Chad (Billy Flynn) in the first place.

She’s the one who was terrorized by Ben (Robert Scott Wilson), and the one who gave birth to Thomas. She is, in effect, the real Abigail to you.

This was out of 9000 votes!

Quote:
That latest Chabby scene was pretty good and hot. Gotta admit that even if I don't care for them as a pairing right now although we all know it's going to end with a rushed reunion unfortunately.

Agree with everything else you said.
I thought BF was awful as usual but saw chem. in pics that didn't show his face looking asleep & bored.

I think I'm remembering more the hot eye sex Chabby 2.0 used to have.

I'm still rooting for them to be broken up later with only KM being back for a short stint.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Even though I saw that great chemistry, I am not rooting for them to be back together even if I believe that is what will happen.

Great results since he return has been great! Kate has done such a great job.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ Even though I saw that great chemistry, I am not rooting for them to be back together even if I believe that is what will happen.

Great results since he return has been great! Kate has done such a great job.
I don't want Abby to ever even take Chad back but I will be very upset if she takes him back right away.

RC better make Chad grovel a lot for Abby & beg her over & over after all he did to her.

Abby should really punch him & Stefan like she will Gabi.

I even understand partly where Gabi is coming from wanting revenge even too.

KM & CB together rock scenes!

The sad fact is Gabi only created the situation but how Chad reacted what Abby said as Gabby to him is true.

Chad hated his brother more than he loved Abby.

It's bad enough that made him leave her vulnerable alone & pregnant but then to rip that baby away after it was born make a deal with her rapist have committed going on the word of Gabi & Kate that Abby was crazy again only.

Both known liars & schemers.

I'm trying not to hate Jennifer & JJ as much as Chad but it's really hard.

JJ can't forget that Gabi saved him from committing suicide.

I don't know what to say about Jennifer. She is a reporter but JJ was a cop.

Basically all char. are made into idiots like JER used to do to make this plot work.

I mostly hate RC for the SL & BF for making it so easy to hate Chad for me.

Between the fact BF is giving nothing in his acting & the shading he did about KM on Twitter & I've read other places.

KM at least hasn't said a word about him & only know about them disliking each other b/c of BF.

We now have her giving it her all. KM is proving you can take the worst SL ever & still give what majority are calling an Emmy worthy performance.

So there is no defending this just being a crap SL & BF is doing his best like his fans have said after that to me.

Nothing makes sense b/c RC wanted Stabby to be married they skipped Abby just going to the Dr. & to even be committed you have to be evaluated.

Abby would have been declared sane & not even had to stay.

That was skipped for again Abby having to pretend to be Gabby to get out.

I'm just glad Abby now has Julie & soon Kayla on her side.

Then with KM filming again without BF there is hope Chabby broke up off screen.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-16-2018 at 12:46 PM
Old 12-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's really nothing much I have to add to your post since you nailed all the key points and how I am feeling about the whole thing.

I am not caught up with DAYS this week though, will catch up tonight!

I'm still just upset because of how rushed I believe the Chabby reunion will be.
I don't care if Gabi set it up, it's a shame that Chad didn't even TRY to believe her or give her any benefit of the doubt. I think the scene that got me most is when Abby told Chad to look into her eyes and see that it's really her and he still couldn't see it.

URG please don't take him back quickly Abby... but that might happen.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
It's really nothing much I have to add to your post since you nailed all the key points and how I am feeling about the whole thing.

I am not caught up with DAYS this week though, will catch up tonight!

I'm still just upset because of how rushed I believe the Chabby reunion will be.
I don't care if Gabi set it up, it's a shame that Chad didn't even TRY to believe her or give her any benefit of the doubt. I think the scene that got me most is when Abby told Chad to look into her eyes and see that it's really her and he still couldn't see it.

URG please don't take him back quickly Abby... but that might happen.
Have you caught up yet!? Kate is literally killing it right now, it's time Salem has felt the wrath of Abigail.

I really hope it's brought up about how Abby believed Chad to be innocent when Ben was going around killing people. I want every single one of his and JJ's and Jennifer's wrongdoings brought up. Since they all throw mental illness in her face let her throw their mistakes in their face.

It'll most likely happen, I want it to happen but for it to take time. If only Kate and Billy would've stayed a little longer. I will say I'll be grateful though. They could've easily left Abby in Bayview, kept Charlotte as Stefan's and had Chad leave with Thomas because it was "too painful" for him with everything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread