Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

JR and Annie #2: Because the lust is so much better than love right now.

Welcome to the 2nd JR&Annie thread

"Because the lust is so much better than love right now."

shipper list;
beautifuldisaster09
Laurababora
- Nina -
Kaleiokalani
NBalways
collide
lovely elizabeth
LionFF
starlette318
Calgaryfan2006
MadisonNorthFan
BreanBamonFan
MarleyGL
Cathangel
felicity22
KOUAT12

Last edited by - Nina -; 06-08-2012 at 06:49 PM
- Nina - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread Nina!
Icon: thememoryslides
Laurababora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Nina, I'm still not on the shipper list. Can I be added?

God, I hope Jannie starts to have more airtime soon. I mean, they've been on what, only once this week? I know AMC probably realises that they've got a good thing in this pairing and don't want to jinx it by cramming them down the viewers' throat, but they should really balance out their storylines more.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Adding you now.

Yeah, they do need more airtime.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
New Fan

Can I be added to the shipper's list as well?

I don't know why they've been rationing Jannie lately, but it's been pretty bad. 1-2 episodes per week since before Thanksgiving! :-(
felicity22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

added.

I know, they have been so irregular with their air time. And when they are on we get some Marissa crap that I can do without.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Nina - (View Post)
added.

I know, they have been so irregular with their air time. And when they are on we get some Marissa crap that I can do without.
Thank you SO much for adding me! Today they were ON, and despite the DIRE spoilers, it was actually a great JANNIE day!

Here's my take:

Love how the spoilers said that Annie said "ILY" to a shocked/stunned JR. First of all, he didn't look shocked, and even if he doesn't say it tomorrow....there is LOVE all OVER his face. JY's eyes say it all...he is playing JR as totally 'in love' with Annie. Even the way he was looking at her when he talked to Amanda/Annie -- there was no mistaking that he's in love with her. He also didn't ignore her when he saw her at KWAK's -- he purposefully walked over there to talk to her, to reassure her in their 'secret code.' And then the text was lovely...his mind was definitely on Annie the entire time he was with Marissa...

I LOVE that Annie was honest with him about her feelings. Suppressing her jealousy and not showing it to JR would maybe lead me to believe she 'might' go the crazy route. But just putting it all out there shows me that she's bitchy, fiesty Annie, not crazy Annie. We'll have to see tomorrow what happens after the proclamation...

I have a strong feeling that he'll get a phone call from the SEC or his attorneys right at THAT moment so he won't have a chance to say anything back to Annie. And then he'll have to run out of there to do damage control on Chandler...That's my prediction, folks, because otherwise, I really don't see how he could fail to return the ILY.

If you have it on DVR, look at JR's lips right after he says to Annie, "You know how much you mean to me," -- this happens right at :48 minutes into the show. His lower lip distinctly trembles when he says it, and you can even see it in his chin...JY is DEFINITELY playing this as if JR LOVES Annie, whether he says it back to her or not! His eyes portray pure adoration -- this man has never been more in love, imo! And I definitely think JY thinks this based on his acting.
felicity22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Indeed, it was a good Jannie day.

For the recent couple of episodes where they were on, I was wondering where they were headed with the storyline and I thought that they were gonna take the easy and ****ty way out of a Jannie pairing by having Jarissa 2.0 and Annie going crazy but now I see much more clearly where they're going with this storyline: it's a storyline meant to bring some more character growth for both JR & Annie. Annie has to deal with her insecurities and her lack of trust issues when it comes to her relationships with men. It's not Marissa the person she's jealous of but it's rather her past of men who left her to be with other women, men like Ryan (left her for Greenlee), Adam (left her for Brooke) & to a lesser extent, Scott (hid the ONS he had with Marissa and decided to turn himself in instead of giving one single try to save their marriage), that leaves her unable to trust, see and think clearly when the guy she loves deals with his ex-wive. It's clear without a doubt from the way JR is acting, from what he is saying and from the way JY is playing the character that JR is in love with Annie. But now JR has to learn how to verbalize and put a name on those feelings and he has to take a stand against those who would mold him otherwise, which furthers his long term arc about him becoming more and more like his father: that is the arc that he is getting from his POV out of this storyline.

So Annie may act out some more and I think that she'll eventually publicly out them. And it may not stop there: she'll probably have to fight to retain her sanity at some point because those abandonment issues are the very same issues that made her lose her mind in the first place. My bet though is that unlike Ryan and those who came after him, JR will come through for Annie by eventually telling her he's in love with her and he will stand by her against all the hypocritical PV residents who will want to see her sent back to the psych ward.

God, both MCE and JY are talented but today, I just swooned at JY's portrayal of JR Chandler in love. I'm going on the Fourth (and final) Soap Cruise at the end of January and god, I'm going to die when I meet him.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

JY is playing JR in love, not in denial but waiting for the right moment. I think JR wants it to be special and for the world to know it, but when Annie said it first he was shocked she feels like he does. I mean part of him is thinking to Annie this is just fun and games and hot sex, not what he feels, never did he think she was in love w/ him. I think he has been eversince... my BBFL thinks it's the staircase, that it was a past wanting there and actual love. I think it was before that, he told her what he always wanted was her. I think he's been in love since she recieved that call from Adam at the yatch club, he was asking way too many personal questions and was trying to block out his feelings b/c she asked him to. At this point, he had no place in telling her what to do, she wanted her own happy family, which JR couldn't promise so he just felt guilty for feeling that way and kept trying to make it work w/ his current wife, b/c Annie kept telling him it's the right thing to do.

I think like my friend, I think NYE he returns it. But I think Annie is so jealous right now, I mean Annie com'on earings >>> ornaments, you also got a miny tree w/ decorations. I think she's so jealous that she will break the secret out to the town. JR losing COE, perfect time, he's not on the top of the hill like he was, Annie doesn't give a damn about the earings or money, she loves JR, riches be damned, JR also being brought down puts the perspective to him, this business means alot to him, but Annie means that much more. JR and Annie now have the responsibility to rebuild Chandler Enterprise, this is like a soulmatish/love against all the odds S/L. There's no chance of it boring up 2011. JR and Annie the way AMC shows them can save a show.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
starlette318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! Yesterday was good, today was hell. I don't even know what the hell these writers are going to do. I was confident yesterday, today was a punch in the gut. Totally night and day with the writing.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
lovely elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely elizabeth (View Post)
TFTNT! Yesterday was good, today was hell. I don't even know what the hell these writers are going to do. I was confident yesterday, today was a punch in the gut. Totally night and day with the writing.
I agree i'm so confused about the direction its going.

Nina can i please be added to the shipper list.thanks
dchandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're probably are going to chem test JY and SG (Nu-Marissa.) so they have to set this BS up. And I hope it fails badly, not just for the sake of JR/Annie but so I can laught at the TIIC.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Granted, today's episode sucked compared to yesterday's, but it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be when I read the recap and judged from the people's reactions on the forums.

Today's episode magnified JR & Annie's flaws that made us the audience seriously question if the couple could truly last, but that's part of the writers' job, to put some fear of God into us and make us hope for the best.

But I think Amanda's words were prophetic where Jannie is concerned, that love is not always about the words, but rather about the hard stuff that comes after. BTW, I think Amanda is a terrific friend for Annie to turn to and she gave Annie good advice: no, Annie should not just shut up and put up with it if she feels she's being treated badly, but she also should demonstrate a bit of patience and try to see how JR thinks and feels about the situation they're both in.

And JR has issues of his own to face if he's going to make this relationship with Annie work. Mainly, he's gonna have to face his father issues and he's gonna have to learn to balance a bit more his priorities. JR is like a shark circling its prey when he goes after things. Up until now, women have come and gone in JR's life and AJ and the Chandler legacy have been his only two constants, but he now has to make room for Annie in those priorities for this relationship to work because she is the one person fiery enough to keep JR on his toes and to understand the kind of tunnel vision it takes to hold onto things that matter. It doesn't mean that this won't be done without hurdles along the way and right now, we're seeing those hurdles.

Another good thing this episode had is that both JR & Annie are communicating to each other their insecurities. I know we're doubting JR right now but if he didn't feel like Annie was more than his dirty mistress, he would not bother to share those things with her.

The only glaring thing I hated about this episode is that JR broke down and leaned on Marissa and that is totally contrived. Not two weeks ago, Marissa wanted to get full custody of AJ and thought that the Chandler mansion was a toxic environment and now, she thinks JR is a great father again? Nobody human turns their opinion around that fast. So yeah, the writing is **** and OMG, I totally felt JY cringe at the material because even he could see the BS. It's so blatant that the writers want to prop the new actress set to play Marissa and hell, they probably want to revisit Jarissa down the road to set up Marissa and Annie as great foes but OMG, why go through all that contrived trouble when characters like Kendall and Greenlee would much better suit that role.

So, yeah, that chem test is totally gonna fail but that means that we have to be very vocal about it straight away because the sooner we voice our clear hate, the sooner this experiment can fail and be put to rest.

It's also no wonder that with this clumsy bipolar writing along with the dead last ratings it brings, there are rumors out there that Frons could be out of a job very soon, along with the latest AMC head writers. I say fire them all and give the creative control back to Lorraine Brotherick and her team.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking back, I don't think it was as bad. But the propping of Marissa lately has been really bugging me. And it's gonna get worse cause I have to sit through the chem testing of SG with JY.

Reply   Post New Thread