Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't like Guza's Brenda at all. He doesn't write her well.
Guza doesn't get that having a character who's in her mid-30's portrayed by an actress in her early 40's acting like a perpetually impulsive, needy, fickle 16 year old isn't right. It's fitting that he would think that way though, given the way his female lead Carly perpetually runs around like a demonic 12 year old. And it's just so jarring because he had written her well during her last run, and he knows how to make females strong and independent and have character growth (i.e.: Sam). This ISN'T Brenda.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 04-04-2011 at 09:41 PM
loveslullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not too happy with the writing for Brenda but I still love her and I"m not going to let tiic make me hate my favorite character.

Last edited by VMFanForever; 04-04-2011 at 10:09 AM
VMFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I watch Carly/Brenda scenes in hopes for Brenda to finally tear that bitch down and wins for once, so yea.
Carly always has to get the upper hand in a showdown between her and another character with the exception to Jason. She's the heroine of this show, so she therefore trumps every woman and isn't allowed to lose. A writer for the show pretty much confirmed it.

Quote:
Why is Brenda with Sonny? Who the hell knows. The way they had to rewrite the past ten years of her existence and how happy she was without Sonny in order to rebuild S&B sure as hell didn't help explain things. It just made anyone who saw that time period feel disconnected from what happened unless you were a die hard fan of S&B. And that's fine but everyone involved deserved a better story/explanation.
It's asinine how they've acted like the last 13 years of her life barely existed. It pisses me off that the writers haven't done the same to Sonny. I haven't seen any of his life events or many relationships with other women in that time period get belittled. So sexist.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by loveslullaby; 04-04-2011 at 09:49 PM
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Carly can have Joss. Even better we find out she isn't really Jax. Free him once and for all from her. Nothing good has come from him being stuck with that rabid banshee.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have to disagree with Brenda being needy/fickle this time. Is she endanger and people want to help her? Yes but she's not asking them to. Hell she didn't want to come back and have Jason help her. She wanted to stay in Rome. Fickle? It's clear from the moment she was to return with all the pimping, promos it was going to be S/B. J/B didn't have a shot. She never told Jax she wanted to be with him, made out with him etc all the same time doing the same with Sonny. So I don't get the fickle comment there either. What I don't like is how she said she shouldn't be with Sonny and how they ignore J/B and their history in this but all on the writers. They just conveniently "forgot" that just for the sake of reuniting S/B. That's one of the many reasons I can't accept them being together.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Looks like they finally get to share a scene next week.

Spoiler:
Old 04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you read Ingo's blurb in SID? If they get rid of Jax, do you think they'd send him off with Brenda? That seems to be a theory out there that if VM leaves, as is speculated, that TPTB would use it as a way to get rid of Jax too.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Did you read Ingo's blurb in SID? If they get rid of Jax, do you think they'd send him off with Brenda? That seems to be a theory out there that if VM leaves, as is speculated, that TPTB would use it as a way to get rid of Jax too.
Yeah I did read that. It could be possible but I don't think it will be them reuniting (romantically). If Vanessa leaves, I could see Jax wanting to help her get out of town with her son to protect him etc. Something along that line. Perhaps he could be on the plane flying them etc. Ingo could exit like that.

Romance I highly doubt it. Tiic don't give a dam about them. If they did they would haven't ignore them all this time.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just as well if they didn't write them as going off to be together romantically. They suck at writing that stuff.

I'll write the ending! I think being away from the cesspool of PC would do them wonders. I always thought they should have left years ago.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
It's just as well if they didn't write them as going off to be together romantically. They suck at writing that stuff.

I'll write the ending! I think being away from the cesspool of PC would do them wonders. I always thought they should have left years ago.
I think we all could write a better job than the current writers. Ha so I kinda laugh at the one S/B scene last week. Did you see Sonny go in for 2nd kiss and Brenda didn't give it to him. Instead she wanted to go check on her son.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah, she was probably offended by his statements about how to handle her son. I love that she refuses to let bodyguards raise her son, unlike Carly who surely doesn't mind to let that happen and that speaks about her motherly skills.
deep within me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Uggh I have a spoiler rant.

Spoiler:

So they are going to make that slagbeast "right" and it will be
Spoiler:
Of course it's not the mob, Sonny's lifestyle but her. She's "disaster" and more dangerous. It's freaking ridiculous.

Last edited by VMFanForever; 04-12-2011 at 06:54 PM
VMFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

RAGE. Rage all over the place.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
Spoiler:

RAGE. Rage all over the place.
Uggh I hope not but I expect her to find out about it and rub it in Brenda's face. Yes because her track record is so stellar.

It's nice to finally get a J&B scene today. I love how Jax's face lighted up seeing her. She's the only person who can get that reaction out of him. And she seem happy around him too. Yes I think apart of the reason she's happy is because of her son but still she does seem alot happier around Jax. I wish Lucian was up. I would love to seen all three of them together.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did you see Sonny go in for 2nd kiss and Brenda didn't give it to him. Instead she wanted to go check on her son.
Nope. I haven't watched this show in years. The last time I even watched an ep was last year when Brenda had her first scenes with Jax. I watched some clips of JJ lately but today was the first day in a long time that I watched. (With much FF.) I got Jaxis AND J&B. Very happy.

I loved the feeling of the scenes today. Both Jax and Brenda seemed incredibly sad with the reality of their situation. It gave me hope that both are coming out of this mob haze and might find sanity...for Jax to refind his sanity.

Spoiler: