Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh Franco is lame and ugh to this Mas/Patient 6 return lame storyline too. Ugh Steve left and Billy made Jason his own. Now Steve wants to come back.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Steve is Jason! He played him for over 20 years. Nothing can compare to me.

Billy never even felt like Jason to me. He has played him 4 years now?

The writers set the SL up always for Steve poss. come back.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
Ugh Franco is lame and ugh to this Mas/Patient 6 return lame storyline too. Ugh Steve left and Billy made Jason his own. Now Steve wants to come back.
I think this was always the plan because they have always felt that Jason was different from Sam and Carly and Sonny and this is why ,
Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I think this was always the plan because they have always felt that Jason was different from Sam and Carly and Sonny and this is why ,
Well from what I've read it was always left open to be written.

Not something for sure would happen.

It was only if Steve was willing to come back.

I do believe the writers really did want him to b/c the SL to work wouldn't have been ever written if they didn't.

Plus it's not like it was GH that chose to write him off. It was always Steve's decision.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-21-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
What's wrong with him wanting to return though?
It's not Steve's fault that GH wants him back.
If a job I once left, called me back 4 years later with a higher raise and a flexible schedule, I'd strong consider it. Since I believe that was the offer on the table...

It feels like home to him and obviously GH offered a compelling reason for him to return but it shouldn't be a Billy vs Steve war... it's the GH writers who has the control here....

The REAL Jason left the first time is because his schedule that GH was NOT willing to negotiate at the time after Jill Farren Phelps LEFT GH. Her and Burton left the same year.
JFP joined Young & The Restless as the new showrunner and created the role of Dylan McAvoy for Steve Burton and AGREED to work around his schedule so Steve joined Y&R because JFP was the showrunner. In 2016, JFP was FIRED from Y&R... and Burton did not renew his contract and left Y&R...

The obvious pattern is that GH did NOT want to work around Burton's schedule which is why he left the first time.

And GH I am NOT defending since I am still upset with how they treat their vets.
They couldn't even agreed to a deal with Tyler Christopher and now look, he's on Days of Our Lives....

The same continually pattern is how horrible GH is when it comes to contract negotiations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Steve is Jason! He played him for over 20 years. Nothing can compare to me.

As I mentioned countless times, from what I've seen, JaSam 2.0 fans don't seem to want Steve back. Although I feel it can turn out to be a GREAT storyline for JaSam, cause you can have Sam struggling between her feelings for BOTH Jason's.

I don't feel ONE ship should control the destiny of everything.

I love Billy Miller, I truly do but the GH writing team did a TERRIBLE job at showcasing BM Jason relationships with everyone. It was all about Jason/Sam... which is why I'm saying, YES, Jasam 2.0 should stay together because they are meant to be together however, Jason had way more history than just his relationship to Sam and that's how it's been written...

I am so through with GH for like the past 7 years of it seeming like Jason ONLY had relationships with Liz and Sam. And that's how it feels. I'm tired of hearing about Jason ONLY by his association to them... and I'm saying this as a person who like Liason and JaSam (more Billy/Kelly version.)

He had a deep connection to Carly... he had a connection to Robin who hasn't been seen. Brenda was his BFF ( I miss them), Yeah he had a brother AJ and sister Emily. Oh you know his first love is NOT Liz or Sam, it's Robin. lol Although one of his first major relationship was his interracial relationship with Keesha. ANn the first person he was with on the series was Karen.
Carly came after Robin, they never truly had their chance at a full blown romance but they were ride or die for each other.
You also know before he was cold stoned, he was the rich boy who was way too nice?

Jason has layers, he has history and that should not STOP getting shown, explained and told just because the new social media world....
I think that's why I want Steve back as Jason so much, to get that history again, to see the flashbacks.

BM didn't have no huge major storyline that I remember.

He came in the show, no memory. Tied down to Liz lies about who he was, and than with Sam 24/7, and some scenes with other characters when it was convenient... and I guess a growing friendship with Curtis but everything was not the same.....

I just hope whatever happens, get written decent enough for both sides. I hope that BM version truly believe he's Jason.
Or probably something like Sarah said, probably Helena did some crazy witchy mojo and gave BM the old Jason memories or something. That way it would mean that BM WAS in fact the real Jason for the past few years.

Last edited by eternalfate; 09-21-2017 at 11:01 PM
Old 09-22-2017, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
What's wrong with him wanting to return though?
It's not Steve's fault that GH wants him back.
If a job I once left, called me back 4 years later with a higher raise and a flexible schedule, I'd strong consider it. Since I believe that was the offer on the table...

It feels like home to him and obviously GH offered a compelling reason for him to return but it shouldn't be a Billy vs Steve war... it's the GH writers who has the control here....

The REAL Jason left the first time is because his schedule that GH was NOT willing to negotiate at the time after Jill Farren Phelps LEFT GH. Her and Burton left the same year.
JFP joined Young & The Restless as the new showrunner and created the role of Dylan McAvoy for Steve Burton and AGREED to work around his schedule so Steve joined Y&R because JFP was the showrunner. In 2016, JFP was FIRED from Y&R... and Burton did not renew his contract and left Y&R...

The obvious pattern is that GH did NOT want to work around Burton's schedule which is why he left the first time.

And GH I am NOT defending since I am still upset with how they treat their vets.
They couldn't even agreed to a deal with Tyler Christopher and now look, he's on Days of Our Lives....

The same continually pattern is how horrible GH is when it comes to contract negotiations...

As I mentioned countless times, from what I've seen, JaSam 2.0 fans don't seem to want Steve back. Although I feel it can turn out to be a GREAT storyline for JaSam, cause you can have Sam struggling between her feelings for BOTH Jason's.

I don't feel ONE ship should control the destiny of everything.

I love Billy Miller, I truly do but the GH writing team did a TERRIBLE job at showcasing BM Jason relationships with everyone. It was all about Jason/Sam... which is why I'm saying, YES, Jasam 2.0 should stay together because they are meant to be together however, Jason had way more history than just his relationship to Sam and that's how it's been written...

I am so through with GH for like the past 7 years of it seeming like Jason ONLY had relationships with Liz and Sam. And that's how it feels. I'm tired of hearing about Jason ONLY by his association to them... and I'm saying this as a person who like Liason and JaSam (more Billy/Kelly version.)

He had a deep connection to Carly... he had a connection to Robin who hasn't been seen. Brenda was his BFF ( I miss them), Yeah he had a brother AJ and sister Emily. Oh you know his first love is NOT Liz or Sam, it's Robin. lol Although one of his first major relationship was his interracial relationship with Keesha. ANn the first person he was with on the series was Karen.
Carly came after Robin, they never truly had their chance at a full blown romance but they were ride or die for each other.
You also know before he was cold stoned, he was the rich boy who was way too nice?

Jason has layers, he has history and that should not STOP getting shown, explained and told just because the new social media world....
I think that's why I want Steve back as Jason so much, to get that history again, to see the flashbacks.

BM didn't have no huge major storyline that I remember.

He came in the show, no memory. Tied down to Liz lies about who he was, and than with Sam 24/7, and some scenes with other characters when it was convenient... and I guess a growing friendship with Curtis but everything was not the same.....

I just hope whatever happens, get written decent enough for both sides. I hope that BM version truly believe he's Jason.
Or probably something like Sarah said, probably Helena did some crazy witchy mojo and gave BM the old Jason memories or something. That way it would mean that BM WAS in fact the real Jason for the past few years.

Great post!

Old 09-22-2017, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Tia, you have good points in your post. We'll see how the storyline plays out.

GH does have problems inking deals with their actors and does treat their vets horrible.

I'm also curious to see if Steve's return and Tamara's will bump up ratings for GH like I GH hoping it will since all the 4 Soaps ratings have been dropping.

Last edited by quin0611; 09-22-2017 at 10:00 AM
Old 09-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess I want more of Jason relationships to get established and I feel it hasn't been... and even during Steve's last year it hasn't been so I blame it all on the GH writers, it's not Billy's or Steve's faults......

And trust me, I am one of those people who believe that some of these Soaps need to move on from the past, but Jason has more layers than just being with the mob or exclusively in love.

And during this discussion I feel like Jason was my favorite character and he wasn't. I liked him on and off pretty much. lol But he wasn't my favorite. lol I probably like Jason more now than I did in the past.

I love BM as well though so I just want him to have a perfect storyline and I feel that GH haven't really captized fully on his great potential.
Just like I felt GH didn't do anything with Jason Thompson when he was Patrick for his last few years. They were just wasting his years and on Y&R, he finally got some great storylines to work with in 2016!
BM had amazing storylines on Y&R, and on GH, they have been happy keeping him as the house husband with no actual storyline...

Old 09-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

I'm loving the Jason/Ava's scenes.

So happy that Billy's character is Jason's twin brother and not related to Franco.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 09-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)

So happy that Billy's character is Jason's twin brother and not related to Franco.
Well that's not a bad start for the SL at least.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had a feeling they would go the twin route.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)

I'm also loving the Ava and Steve scenes. Ava is so quirky and I look forward to a beautiful friendship developing with them....not a love relationship, just a good friendship.

And I'm not throwing out the notion that Franco and Jason aren't twins. So many lies have been told already; why not one more just to keep us in total confusion?
Old 09-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, it's lies told everywhere.

Also, Steve Burton acting is so good. He's always been like one of my favorite actors when it comes to face expressions, like he truly OWNS IT!
It's exactly how he just won an Emmy for what he can do with his face.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So Steve is for sure the real Jason by the writers?

Old 09-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
So Steve is for sure the real Jason by the writers?
Yeah pretty much
Closed Thread   Post New Thread