Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you. When Carly talked about having a different face, I was just looked like.
Especially since a former Carly will be returning to the show soon. So yeah, that was an interesting line.

For AJ character, I only really care for Sean version.

I don't want to talk about Billy Miller's contract. I heard about Steve signing on for 3 years though.

I don't dislike Billy as Jason, I just don't feel he fit the part in the way Steve did and it's probably because Steve portrayed the role for 21 years. And Billy never really got much of a great storyline outside of the JaSam stuff.

Disagree with most of the bold stuff actually. I pretty much understood AJ a lot of the time and I think Billy's Jason feels betrayed because a lot of people believing Steve's Jason is the real one and he has a right to feel that way, EVEN if it turns out he's not because as Carly mentioned, everyone FORCED Billy version to try to remember he was Jason when he himself didn't want to. He just wanted to have a life with Elizabeth at the time and everyone wanted him to know who was Jason and after all of that... there's this. So, I do feel for him.

Jason/Carly scenes were just so beautiful, I can't even explained how much I loved it and re-watched it. I don't know but the way Carly looked at Jason, he very much looked like the love of her life. I can really feel Carly reaction when she's just watched him carry Sam and talking and it was TOO much.

Quote:
The writing doesn't make you want to be on his side to me.
I'm on both sides. With Steve's Jason, he lost 5 years of his life and his wife married to another person. For Billy's Jason, he got mind controlled thinking he's someone he wasn't, and people forcing him to REMEMBER something he didn't want to even remember in the first place. He finally remembers, accepts it, has a happy life only to find out he's possibly not Jason and his whole life can get ruined like that.

I relate to both because NONE of them deserved this.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked BW's AJ because he just showed the hurt so well. SK was a wonderful youngAJ.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

GH is promoting JC a lot lately.

I wonder if fans on Twitter might be right about Tams new char. being for Sonny.

I doubt they would JC now after all these years.

I could be wrong though.

Steve & Laura are on Facebook Live tomorrow.

Hey hey! Check it! Me and my BFF @lldubs are doing a FB LIVE TOMORROW! Can't wait!! @GeneralHospital

https://twitter.com/1SteveBurton/sta...15723649052672

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I agree with you. When Carly talked about having a different face, I was just looked like.
Especially since a former Carly will be returning to the show soon. So yeah, that was an interesting line.

For AJ character, I only really care for Sean version.

I don't want to talk about Billy Miller's contract. I heard about Steve signing on for 3 years though.

I don't dislike Billy as Jason, I just don't feel he fit the part in the way Steve did and it's probably because Steve portrayed the role for 21 years. And Billy never really got much of a great storyline outside of the JaSam stuff.

Disagree with most of the bold stuff actually. I pretty much understood AJ a lot of the time and I think Billy's Jason feels betrayed because a lot of people believing Steve's Jason is the real one and he has a right to feel that way, EVEN if it turns out he's not because as Carly mentioned, everyone FORCED Billy version to try to remember he was Jason when he himself didn't want to. He just wanted to have a life with Elizabeth at the time and everyone wanted him to know who was Jason and after all of that... there's this. So, I do feel for him.

Jason/Carly scenes were just so beautiful, I can't even explained how much I loved it and re-watched it. I don't know but the way Carly looked at Jason, he very much looked like the love of her life. I can really feel Carly reaction when she's just watched him carry Sam and talking and it was TOO much.

I'm on both sides. With Steve's Jason, he lost 5 years of his life and his wife married to another person. For Billy's Jason, he got mind controlled thinking he's someone he wasn't, and people forcing him to REMEMBER something he didn't want to even remember in the first place. He finally remembers, accepts it, has a happy life only to find out he's possibly not Jason and his whole life can get ruined like that.

I relate to both because NONE of them deserved this.
Yeah the whole not feeling really like Jason thing makes sense b/c the majority of viewers that never accepted Billy as Jason & that are tuning in again along with anything else don't know or care about anything being rewritten.

Seriously the line though about diff. faces & knowing each other anywhere is beautiful but is really laying it own thick since all the Carly recasts.

I feel like so much more has been put into Jason's reunion with Carly than anyone else. Maybe except with Sonny.

We didn't have them having this kind of powerful connection like line. GH wants us to see JC being able to know the other person just by looking at them with those lines.

That is Supecouple writing.

Jason/Carly through all this time still being such a important part of the show still amazes me. The wasted potential will always kill me though.

I get feeling bad about everybody in the situation but just don't feel the writing is making Billy's Jason very root worthy the way he is acting.

AJ was turned into the villain literally with Billy Warlock eventually.

I think it's so funny how diff. AJ & Frankie are.

I loved Billy as Frankie on Days.

I loved him on Baywatch repeats as Eddie.

Both those char. were similar.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 11-07-2017 at 11:06 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you that if a person was just watching GH for the first time, they'd believe that Jason/Carly had this big love story. Because that's how they were written. The acting, the scenes, the emotions, everything was perfect and couldn't have been written better than it was.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

IMO, they are just reestablishing the JC bond. No matter what they are family. Jason/Sonny reunion felt longer and it was the first reunion.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree with you that if a person was just watching GH for the first time, they'd believe that Jason/Carly had this big love story. Because that's how they were written. The acting, the scenes, the emotions, everything was perfect and couldn't have been written better than it was.
I'm glad that it's not just the shipper in me but my mom thinks it's good but weird they have things showing JC so much like a major couple too more to her than their love interests.

I remember thinking just kiss so many times but especially with the line about knowing each other anywhere even though it made me laugh too.

Steve/Laura just love working together.

I don't think they would dislike it if JC did finally get together.

They don't see the relationship that way by talking below. It's special & they love it obviously.

Laura said Jason saves Carly & both talked about how patient he is with her.

Their fave stuff is when they get to do comedy together.

The relationship has some funny moments with Carly not knowing when to back off but it's the dynamic of their relationship.

It always has been & it's just the way JC are together. They both basically love the scenes when Carly drives Jason crazy.

Steve really enjoys them b/c he can do more than just act with his eyes. He is such a funny guy in RL.

The reunion scenes they enjoyed though of course. You can tell both understand the JC bond completely.

This is from yesterday.

It's long but really fun to watch.

This great Jason channel uploaded it.

SparksFlyOut1

I honestly don't want JC to happen now. They would probably just ruin them.

Steve/Laura are cute & funny together.

Both talking about the monkey.

Steve has a phobia of them now.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 11-09-2017 at 01:02 PM
Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'll take all the lighthearted Jarly moments. Her driving him crazy and Jason giving her a snarky response. One of the things I've always loved about them is that Jason gets to react with her. Whether it's good or bad, it's real.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's not just the shipping in your Jaimie, that's the way the scenes were shown and written.
And yes their bond is just stronger than normal love interest, and it's probably why it's been so successful.

I watched that interview and I loved them knowing the shipping names for Jarly and Sason.

Laura and Steve have wonderful chemistry.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jason saves Carly the first time.

JC feels

2 guys were going to rape her.

It reminded me how Jason beat up Franco.

I love protective Jason with all women.

Jason also comforts Carly when he takes her home.

This is in Jan. of 1998 long before Micheal. JC hung out together.

They already spent Christmas together off screen. They went to watch people skating.

Christmas Eve Carly gave Jason a key ring. Tony wasn't going to be there for Christmas Day.

Jason suggested they spend it together.

Tony showed up both times with JC with deer in headlights looks.

There were 4 times in all & both acted like they had been doing something wrong with Jason leaving fast always.

Carly was only in a bathrobe in the scene above & Tony didn't like Carly only wearing that around Jason of course.

I can see why Tony could easily believe when he wasn't around JC were sleeping together.

He wasn't there a lot b/c he was with Lucas & Bobbie.

Most of the time Jason was sitting with Carly close on the couch.

Quote:
It's not just the shipping in your Jaimie, that's the way the scenes were shown and written.
And yes their bond is just stronger than normal love interest, and it's probably why it's been so successful.

I watched that interview and I loved them knowing the shipping names for Jarly and Sason.

Laura and Steve have wonderful chemistry.

My mom isn't really a shipper either.

She likes JC together. We have always loved the same couples mostly.

My mom knows all about my obsessions with couples & how I get online.

My whole family since I made Spuffy & other couples I liked on my site years ago.

My aunt actually made fanart too. I was so obsessed with The OC when Buffy was over.

I hate the name Jarly. It sounds so stupid. I'm sure you notice I never write it.

John/Marlena are Jarlena. That sounds just as bad to me.

My fave ship names are LoVe Dair Spuffy & EJabby off the top of my head.

Chabby isn't that bad either. I'm glad Jack/Jennifer luckily are JnJ.

I don't think the baby Micheal SL would have been well written with AJ.

It would be boring if AJ & Carly just got together to me.

Sarah & Billy had no chemistry. Was this before Sean left?

He & Sarah had lots of chemistry together to me.

JC must have had unplanned buildup I can see Carly turning to Jason.

I would have never expected this wasn't planned all along.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

It's so funny you posted that scene because I thought about it after the Franco thing.

I think Carly mixing it up with the Qs would have been a good s/l. That story already had a ton of drama. Carly was lying about her identity. Tony was clueless to everything. AJ only knew about the sex and laundry cart. Tony/Alan and Monica/Bobbie were BFFs. You had the Spencer angle with Luke. It was one of the big stories going into the new year.

Guza returned in late 1997 and Jason was immediately inserted into the s/l.

Carly and Jason meeting/having sex was just angst for JnR. After that they stayed friends but they were in other stories. The new writers had planned for Carly/AJ to be a thing. Guza tends to get credited for early Carly but he didn't do much. It was the script writers that created her stuff. The outlines Guza left were not what the new writers had in mind for her. I do think Jason would have played a part in the Michael story regardless. He was the one that told her she could be pregnant, he saw Carly/AJ after their ONS, he promised he wouldn't be mad if found out her secrets, he was looking for Carly the night she drugged AJ, and it was made a point that Carly did not know they were brothers. I think they were going to have Jason investigate who drugged AJ but he took over the mob.

SK/Sarah were hot but I also thought Billy/Sarah played off each other well.

Also there were a lot of Qs back then that got focus. SOD said this about them in 1998:

Quote:
BEST FAMILY FEUD

THE QUARTERMAINES, GENERAL HOSPITAL

The greatest thing about the Quartermaine family feud (aside from the fact that some of the funniest lines on daytime come out of this clan's arguments) is that there isn't just one faction fighting against another. From day to day, the teams change as one member aligns himself with another, only to find he's out in the cold the next. Just look at drug-addled Alan. Nearly a year ago, he was leading the battle cry to kick alcoholic A.J. out of the family...and now he's the one out on the street. And how about Ned? Once the apple of his greedy grandfather's eye, Ned is now being usurped for not being as ruthlessly focused as he once was.

But perhaps the most interesting facet of this dynastic discord is the ongoing animosity between former member Jason and the family Q. In this battle, the prize is not power or money, but the future of a little boy who is definitely part Quartermaine, but few really know how much. With Michael's true paternity looming on the horizon, you can bet things will get even hotter around the old mansion. Talk about feud for thought.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
It's so funny you posted that scene because I thought about it after the Franco thing.

I think Carly mixing it up with the Qs would have been a good s/l. That story already had a ton of drama. Carly was lying about her identity. Tony was clueless to everything. AJ only knew about the sex and laundry cart. Tony/Alan and Monica/Bobbie were BFFs. You had the Spencer angle with Luke. It was one of the big stories going into the new year.

Guza returned in late 1997 and Jason was immediately inserted into the s/l.

Carly and Jason meeting/having sex was just angst for JnR. After that they stayed friends but they were in other stories. The new writers had planned for Carly/AJ to be a thing. Guza tends to get credited for early Carly but he didn't do much. It was the script writers that created her stuff. The outlines Guza left were not what the new writers had in mind for her. I do think Jason would have played a part in the Michael story regardless. He was the one that told her she could be pregnant, he saw Carly/AJ after their ONS, he promised he wouldn't be mad if found out her secrets, he was looking for Carly the night she drugged AJ, and it was made a point that Carly did not know they were brothers. I think they were going to have Jason investigate who drugged AJ but he took over the mob.

SK/Sarah were hot but I also thought Billy/Sarah played off each other well.

Also there were a lot of Qs back then that got focus. SOD said this about them in 1998:
That's cool we both were thinking of the same scene.

I love that JC actually weren't planned. It makes them feel more real. The writers didn't have to make them anything after Carly being angst for JR.

So it seems like even before Guza that we know always loved JC saw the char. still in each others lives in some way even just friends.

Do you think that Jason would have still been there for Carly?

Just not the lead role like Guza wrote?

I do think going with Jason's char. was a lot more interesting b/c of the Q's thinking he couldn't raise a baby b/c of his brain damage & proving them wrong.

It wasn't just Jason being the mob leader or in the mob generally.

The Jason & Micheal bond was so beautiful & gave Jason real purpose for the first time after the accident.

It was great to see Jason still had such a sweet/gentle side in a diff. way than we had seen him in the past especially when he was taking over the mob too.

Jason even told Carly he felt that was when his life started in the Penthouse Goodbye.

I feel like this SL was unique as well with Jason taking care of Micheal on his own at first just loving him & nothing else.

There wasn't any other agenda. It makes him giving him up so much more heartbreaking too.

That's a great article & shows what has been missing for a long time with so many char. interacting with each other in the writing.

So many relationships with diff. dynamics fun to watch.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I think they would have been friends just not as important like Guza wrote. Jason was her only friend in PC and he somewhat knew the real her. Then they wrote AJ as her friend but she was scamming him.

Jason/Michael got so much focus and he wasn't some plot baby that disappeared like usual. The writers made sure the audience was invested.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
I think they would have been friends just not as important like Guza wrote. Jason was her only friend in PC and he somewhat knew the real her. Then they wrote AJ as her friend but she was scamming him.

Jason/Michael got so much focus and he wasn't some plot baby that disappeared like usual. The writers made sure the audience was invested.
Yeah that's what I was thinking since Jason was the only one that Carly opened up to & he just understood her so easily. It was funny how he could always tell when she was lying.

Jason really seemed to have a soft spot for Carly even after things ended badly at first. It was nice when they made up slowly became friends.

Jason & Micheal was far from a plot device. We got to see Jason love Micheal & how he loved him back.

Steve is just cute with babies & kids in general.

Like how he was holding Scout Friday & talking to her. That baby couldn't have been more relaxed in his arms.

I wish they would just call her Emily.

I dislike the name Scout.

I've never seen another actor work so well with babies.

Steve is such nat. & adorable with them.

I guess part of it might be how Jason's char. is supposed to be all calm & that would make children feel safe with him in those scenes.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I wish they would just call her Emily.
I'm hoping that Jason is the only one that calls her Emily instead of Scout. It
could be a special bond between uncle and niece.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Jason is the baby whisperer.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread