Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Total Fan

I hope you get to catch-up on all the shows.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Just difficult on the weekdays but will try to catch up on GH first on Wednesday... or Friday.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched Jason/Steve scenes on YT.

SparksFly Out Playlists: Jason/Steve 2017

Well on a shallow note Steve is still hot.

Steve is really doing some amazing acting this SL.

I don't like Ava though.

I really wish they had someone else be his friend but I get what the writers are doing. The Real Jason will like her & Sonny hates her. The conflict is there.

It was really sad to me when he was talking to Morgan's Grave.

I'm so ready for him to try & get in touch with Carly of course.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-24-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hear this week this week starts the big OG Jason/Steve reveal at the party.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This rocks!

GH is bringing it for me way more than Days has in a long time in just a promo.

I always knew Steve back was the only thing though that would get me to watch GH again.

The fact I hate Sonny but still am loving & can't wait for him & Jason to talk says a lot.

Steve & Maurice together in scenes can be awesome! The chem./dynamic is finally back between the char. with Steve.

Billy just did nothing for me in scenes with anyone in the Jason SL.

Sonny Carly Sam Liz ect. could never feel Jason at all. It's just more obvious that the dynamic was missing Steve as Jason for me.

I just can't wait for scene of him with everybody!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-24-2017 at 11:58 PM
Old 10-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm going to defend Billy and say his scenes were great, however the writing material for him was horrible.
Steve Burton is getting better material than Billy Miller had in his whole time with GH thus far. So it's more of GH issue than Billy's. He's a really good actor when giving something equally great to work with. It's only much you can do when the material just isn't there.

Also, in General Hospital news, Tamara Braun will be returning.
Quote:
Wait, scratch that. General Hospital is bringing back Tamara Braun, but not to resume her old role.

EW can exclusively reveal that Braun, who earned an Emmy nod for playing Carly Corinthos on GH from 2001 to 2005, is returning to the ABC sudser on Nov. 22 — but as a whole new character. A previous report hinted to the possibility in September, though the daytime drama hasn’t confirmed it until now.

Since the Emmy-winning Laura Wright now plays Carly, it’s unclear who Braun will embody when she shows up in Port Charles. But it seems very likely her appearance will be connected to last month’s return of Steve Burton.

A soap vet, Braun won an Emmy for playing Ava Vitali on Days of our Lives. She worked on the NBC soap from 2008-16 after her stint on GH and a short run on All My Children. She’s also appeared on the Amazon drama Bosch.

General Hospital airs weekdays on ABC.
Source
Old 10-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I'm going to defend Billy and say his scenes were great, however the writing material for him was horrible.
Steve Burton is getting better material than Billy Miller had in his whole time with GH thus far. So it's more of GH issue than Billy's. He's a really good actor when giving something equally great to work with. It's only much you can do when the material just isn't there.

Also, in General Hospital news, Tamara Braun will be returning.

I don't mean to bash Billy. I never felt Jason as a char. with him in the role.

It's for me the chem./dynamic that has been missing.

Billy could have been given amazing material but without the other didn't matter for me.

He still never would be Jason. I just can't accept anyone but Steve as Jason it seems.

I guess I will never know for sure if there was more recasting b/c Carly I've been able to accept all but Jennifer.

She didn't even last long.

Steve was Jason was over 20 years though.

Tams a new char. being back & connected to Jason's char. is interesting.

I just hope they already have a good idea about the char. before the casting.

Soaps love to cast the actor before knowing what this new char. is gonna be a lot.

That or it's just a disaster writing all around.

Sarah as Claudia really was a disaster in the end to me.

I haven't watched new Jason scenes yet.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-25-2017 at 05:24 PM
Old 10-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I don't mean to bash Billy. I never felt Jason as a char. with him in the role.

It's for me the chem./dynamic that has been missing.

Billy could have been given amazing material but without the other didn't matter for me.

He still never would be Jason. I just can't accept anyone but Steve as Jason it seems.

I guess I will never know for sure if there was more recasting b/c Carly I've been able to accept all but Jennifer.

She didn't even last long.

Steve was Jason was over 20 years though.

Tams a new char. being back & connected to Jason's char. is interesting.

I just hope they already have a good idea about the char. before the casting.

I completely agree with you because I was a Billy Miller fan from The Young & The Restless, so of course when General Hospital got him, it was a sad shocker to Y&R fans because he was out perfect Billy Abbott..

People always compare each version of Billy to him because of how terrific he was in the role.

As Jason, he didn't really connect with me as well although I loved JaSam 2.0,
but Billy as Jason just didn't work which is why I wondered if there was a chance that maybe he wasn't the real Jason.

I just feel the GH execs never cared to give him much of anything to show him as Jason besides say, "Oh you're Jason, be with Sam, fans move on." and that's exactly what a lot of the fans did. Just accepted it because of the ship I guess....
I feel when JaSam 2.0 happened is when a lot of people ... gravitated towards Miller's version... whereas before that, people were missing Burton.

And of course now it's this hate towards Buton....... which I feel is a bit ridiculous. Only because I feel if Billy Miller NEVER joined the show and Jason didn't exist for like 5 years, this hate wouldn't even exist.
I just like both Billy and Burton....

I sort of would like to know from a NON shipper point of view, which Jason do people prefer....
Because with shipping there will always be biasness to certain situations.

I always said I never truly shipped Jason with anyone, I liked him with people but wouldn't go hardcore shipping mode....

I just feel Steve did a great job, and Billy did a good job but he wasn't Jason....

I am also very interested in Braun being connected with Burton. I hope it's written good.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

I completely agree with you because I was a Billy Miller fan from The Young & The Restless, so of course when General Hospital got him, it was a sad shocker to Y&R fans because he was out perfect Billy Abbott..

People always compare each version of Billy to him because of how terrific he was in the role.

As Jason, he didn't really connect with me as well although I loved JaSam 2.0,
but Billy as Jason just didn't work which is why I wondered if there was a chance that maybe he wasn't the real Jason.

I just feel the GH execs never cared to give him much of anything to show him as Jason besides say, "Oh you're Jason, be with Sam, fans move on." and that's exactly what a lot of the fans did. Just accepted it because of the ship I guess....
I feel when JaSam 2.0 happened is when a lot of people ... gravitated towards Miller's version... whereas before that, people were missing Burton.

And of course now it's this hate towards Buton....... which I feel is a bit ridiculous. Only because I feel if Billy Miller NEVER joined the show and Jason didn't exist for like 5 years, this hate wouldn't even exist.
I just like both Billy and Burton....

I sort of would like to know from a NON shipper point of view, which Jason do people prefer....
Because with shipping there will always be biasness to certain situations.

I always said I never truly shipped Jason with anyone, I liked him with people but wouldn't go hardcore shipping mode....

I just feel Steve did a great job, and Billy did a good job but he wasn't Jason....

I am also very interested in Braun being connected with Burton. I hope it's written good.
I think I can say I liked Jason as a char. before anything else years ago.

Yeah at the time he was just turning into Jason Morgan after his accident & involved with Carly & Robin.

So shipping was involved there & still JC shipper.

The fact I felt nothing watching with Billy/Laura chem. wise did matter though.

I haven't seen Billy on anything else. Maybe as Drew I could like him on GH.

I don't know if I'm shipper biased or not.

I don't care about who Sam ends up with in all this as long as Steve char. is happy.

Steve is Jason from everything I have seen shown.

I love Steve/Tams chem. so it would be great to have scenes with them again as well.

It almost makes me wish we could have Sarah too as a new char. to have orig. JC actors together again.

Claudia was so bad in the end. I'm hoping they know what they are doing more this time with Tams as a new char. on GH.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Tamara is the first Carly that I watched on GH when I started watching the show.
So happy she is coming back.

I can't wait to see the Steve and Tamara scenes.

In a non shipper view, I like Steve's Jason, especially when he is having scenes with Sonny and Monica.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

General Hospital has been a lot better since Steve has returned for sure.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

I started to actually pay attention to the show being on in my office again thanks to his return (my co-worker stayed diligently watching long after the rest of us quit ).

It still has major issues, but "real" Jason helps make the show actually feel like GH again and not a AMC/OLTL/ATWT/Y&R mishmash (no offense to Billy; he's a very good actor, was amazing on both AMC and Y&R, but he was wrong for the part from the start). Even though I hated Sonny for forever, those Sason scenes were perfect -- the actors' rapport was amazing.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
General Hospital has been a lot better since Steve has returned for sure.
Totally agree. I'm excited to get home everyday and watch on DVR.

And it looks like it won't be too much longer before you hit your 400,000 mark. Congrats.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Totally agree. I'm excited to get home everyday and watch on DVR.

And it looks like it won't be too much longer before you hit your 400,000 mark. Congrats.
Same, I think GH is miles ahead of every Soap right now. I am finally caught up and happy I had 3 episodes to binge watch. I watched them all at midnight and I was just blown away by the acting, and the story telling. GH is just on another level right now.

Aww thanks.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bianca- (View Post)
I started to actually pay attention to the show being on in my office again thanks to his return (my co-worker stayed diligently watching long after the rest of us quit ).

It still has major issues, but "real" Jason helps make the show actually feel like GH again and not a AMC/OLTL/ATWT/Y&R mishmash (no offense to Billy; he's a very good actor, was amazing on both AMC and Y&R, but he was wrong for the part from the start). Even though I hated Sonny for forever, those Sason scenes were perfect -- the actors' rapport was amazing.
This. My Sonny hate is actually at all time low in years.

You can really feel the real connection that Steve & Maurice have had for years with this amazing writing.

I know Laura & Steve have one too outside the show that is going to make JC scenes even with this incredible writing even better.

What are GH's Rating's right now?

I hope they are good.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread