Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
Did you watch GH when Ric first came to Port Charles? The one thing we've determined about Ric since 2002, is that he will do anything to win Sonny's attention and approval, even when he claims to hate him. Ric has always dealt with abandonment issues with his mother. He always felt that she loved Sonny more and he desperately wanted Sonny to accept him when he first arrived. When that didn't work, he set out to destroy Sonny's life. Ric is still messed up and despite him actually probably legitimately hating Sonny, he wants Sonny to accept him, because he's the only family he has left. Ric is a pathetically desperate and lonely man.

As an aside, to the whole Brenda coming back thing, TPTB have made it pretty obvious that they are going to be reuniting Sonny and Carly for another go round. I don't expect Brenda to come back right away, considering they are still building up to Sonny and Carly's full reunion. I fully support Carly and Sonny together. No one else should be subjected to either of them.
It's been this delicate balance which I loved seeing. But to see Ric outright fight to see Sonny be awarded custody seems off to me, evening having watched Ric from the very beginning.

I have zero interest in Brenda returning. Her last visit killed what remaining love I had for a character I used to think of fondly. Making a fool of herself at the Nurses' Ball of all places and then presumably - maybe, maybe not - sleeping with Michael. It was the worst! Hard to find some redemption at this point.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 03-04-2015, 08:13 PM
New Fan

[QUOTE=lasha4god;80452970]It's been this delicate balance which I loved seeing. But to see Ric outright fight to see Sonny be awarded custody seems off to me, evening having watched Ric from the very beginning.

I have zero interest in Brenda returning. Her last visit killed what remaining love I had for a character I used to think of fondly. Making a fool of herself at the Nurses' Ball of all places and then presumably - maybe, maybe not - sleeping with Michael. It was the worst! Hard to find some redemption at this point.[/QUOTE

I still love her and Ingo can't blame her if the writing staff wasn't up to par. What I am sick to death of TIIC taking what brain cells she had and destroying them. Not just her but Jax as well. When he first came onboard he was so funny and smart and a pistol to boot. No one got the best of him but now it seems he does not mind being a door mat for carly and Brenda a door mat for sonny. I am glad that I stop watching after 2003 I could not stand to watch his slide down into the abyss. That being said I will always hope that Brenda and Jax will be united for good and maybe have a war between the Jacks and Corinthos.

Last edited by J4BREN4EVER; 03-04-2015 at 08:19 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Did you watch GH when Ric first came to Port Charles? The one thing we've determined about Ric since 2002, is that he will do anything to win Sonny's attention and approval, even when he claims to hate him. Ric has always dealt with abandonment issues with his mother. He always felt that she loved Sonny more and he desperately wanted Sonny to accept him when he first arrived. When that didn't work, he set out to destroy Sonny's life. Ric is still messed up and despite him actually probably legitimately hating Sonny, he wants Sonny to accept him, because he's the only family he has left. Ric is a pathetically desperate and lonely man.
Well, obviously I wasn't there for most of the times but I do know tidbits about their history and whatnot but from this week, I didn't get the vibe that Ric was only doing this just to get Sonny's attention. Otherwise he would have mentioned about it or showed a bit harder to him but from the looks of it, he didn't seem like fighting to get it, you know. So I didn't get the impression that he was only doing this for Sonny and his affectionate. Plus it doesn't make sense for him just to beg for his attention then hates him and his guts then go back to beg for his attention after everything he has done to him and his family? So he would have to be fickle to be this way.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I fully support Carly and Sonny together. No one else should be subjected to either of them.
Very well said! I use to be the biggest Sonny/Brenda shipper back in the day...but sadly that ship has long ago sailed. I have no use for Sonny or Carly anymore.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine Colored Roses (View Post)
Very well said! I use to be the biggest Sonny/Brenda shipper back in the day...but sadly that ship has long ago sailed. I have no use for Sonny or Carly anymore.

When sonny and Brenda first got together was a fans as well until the abuse started. But I quickly became a J&B fan forever. sonny and carly are so meant for each other and I have no use for either. Love the way Micheal out smarted sonny in court use his own tricks to sink sonny boat. going to enjoy while it last.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Scotty and Luke.
Seeing Luke in his Hannibal mask was a hoot and a wtf is going on with him? GH has got to progress this story. More scenes instead of the little snippets we get. At this point I have little care about Spinelli and Maxi and their predictable storyline even though I enjoy that couple a lot. I want Spinelli to ferret out tha answer to what happened to Patricia. Quit talking about him and Maxie. Deall with this Luke story. The Luke story is making me mad, not crazy, just mad that it is taking so long to work itself out. I know it was delayed because of Tony Geary's back surgery.

The hospital scene between Bobbi and Scott was hilarious. Kin Shriner knows how to deliver a deadpan funny line. I was lol-ing even while reading the dialogue while doing my tred mill workout.

Next Franco and Luke.
Roger I bet just wanted to do scenes with Tony. Two great actors together.
This is fine, but damn it I want to know already what is up with Luke.
Gah.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

^You know, I moved your post to news thread that's topped on this board.

OMG, Michael's best line ever, "Arrest this son of a bitch!" I LOVE IT. I just LOVE it. It's about time he's ruthless and cruel to Sonny and putting him in his own place. I am so happy to see that because Sonny has always gotten away with half of sht he has done to everyone, especially the ones he claims to love. And now Micheal is so cruel to him. Good for him!

Also, I forgot to say I am so fcking happy that he won the custody! I don't care that it's for wrong reasons or revenge or whatever, all I care about is Sonny has to pay the price one way or another. He has never paid one single price in his life. I mean when Connie died, what did he do? Of course, shot an innocent man because he thought that he killed Connie? And he hasn't paid the price being in prison long enough. So I am just happy that losing his daughter is killing him badly and he realizes that and it scares him, he should be. It's about time someone makes him feel that way the way he has made everyone around him felt that. Like threatening Ava when she was pregnant for nine months, making sure to remind her that her life would be numbered and torture her that she won't get a care in the world and better watch her back every single day? That's terrible. It's about time he tastes his own medicine.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw that. It makes sense to be there.

I tried to spoiler it, but didn't know how.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

That's fine. I fixed it for you so it's all good now.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hate how this show is making me hate Spinelli. He use to be so charming, now he's just swarmy.

Also didn't care for how Maxie turned everything around trying to make Nathan the bad guy, because he was going to break up with her...YOU WERE KISSING ANOTHER GUY! HELLO!

All this talk about a love Nathan once had...is this a lead up to the new character we're getting?

Luke/Nina/Franco...I can't remember the exact quote but Nina complimenting them because Silas was always so serious. I adore her! ...Luke...Is it time for Tony to go on vacation yet? I'm so tired with the Fluke/Luke whatever story.

MICHAEL QUARTERMAIN...I LOVE YOU!!!! Oh.My.Gosh I squee'd so loud when he said he's calling Avery, AJ, that I almost busted the windows. THAT WAS PRICELESS! I hope he NEVER forgives Sonny/Carly and company, this Michael is so much more fun!

Sonny and Carly are so self centered, how do they not see that they did the very same thing to AJ, and use the same reasons Michael's using? Yes AJ was a drunk, but he wasn't a mobster! yet they took Michael away from him anyway.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I hate how this show is making me hate Spinelli. He use to be so charming, now he's just swarmy.

Sonny and Carly are so self centered, how do they not see that they did the very same thing to AJ, and use the same reasons Michael's using? Yes AJ was a drunk, but he wasn't a mobster! yet they took Michael away from him anyway.
Totally true about Spinelli. He used to be such a darling, now he's changed and is conniving and manipulative. I hope his detective skills have not be damaged by his long stay in.... is it Portland, OR?

I did not like Maxie and Nathan together. To me their only good connections seemed to be when they were in bed together. They did exchange longing looks, but they had no history of building a relationship like Maxie and Spinelli do. And theirs was a LONG build up as well. I can see this as a start to Nathan and Maxie being together.

The Sonny and Carly manipulations against AJ always pissed me off because those two were so unfair to him. I never saw him as that bad, he just made stupid mistakes but he tried to repent for them as well. I think AJ's character took the major downfall a long time ago when his stupid mistake caused the golden child, Jason, to have an accident that changed him into the mobster.

AJ was always the scapegoat after that.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 AM
New Fan

Quote:

Also didn't care for how Maxie turned everything around trying to make Nathan the bad guy, because he was going to break up with her...YOU WERE KISSING ANOTHER GUY! HELLO!

All this talk about a love Nathan once had...is this a lead up to the new character we're getting?

Luke/Nina/Franco...I can't remember the exact quote but Nina complimenting them because Silas was always so serious. I adore her! ...Luke...Is it time for Tony to go on vacation yet? I'm so tired with the Fluke/Luke whatever story.

MICHAEL QUARTERMAIN...I LOVE YOU!!!! Oh.My.Gosh I squee'd so loud when he said he's calling Avery, AJ, that I almost busted the windows. THAT WAS PRICELESS! I hope he NEVER forgives Sonny/Carly and company, this Michael is so much more fun!

Wooo Hooo way to go Michael. Pay back is a b****. The look on his face when he change Avery name to AJ was Priceless. Remind me to send him flowers. Now sonny is looking at his son as he does with any enemy what's the quote he uses let me see "I'm going to take him down". Like I have always said sonny only loves sonny and carly only love sonny and carly. I had stop watching after Jax and Brenda broke up in 2003 but I can imagine what they did and I sure it wasn't pretty.That wall hanging Morgan needs to shut the ****** up and get a job. The Spinelli/Nathen/Maxie crap is just another triangle. No one on GH ever find true happiness big surprise there or stay together. Who knew when Lily died that was the end of happy ever after.

Last edited by J4BREN4EVER; 03-10-2015 at 12:03 PM
Old 03-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

MY REACTION BASICALLY. He was perfect. JUST SO SO SO PERFECT. His revenge is so beautiful. So nailed. Just hit them where it hurts. He knows them so well, he knows their weakness so well, he uses it against them, just like that. Destroy them just like that with one word, AJ. Just beautiful. I just want to scream I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL!!!!! That episode is so beautiful and I want to frame it for good. I want to see the hurt look on Sonny and Carly's faces every time he says her name. Perfection.

Yes, they are so blinded by their own selfishness and they couldn't even see that their actions not only hurt AJ but his family as well. What did AJ/his family done to them? I mean yeah, they are no saint and they probably do worst things, but not close to murder someone, but still, what do they deserve to get this with Michael when he was baby? I just hate that they are trying to make Michael see it and stop him from this when he did exact same thing what they did to AJ and his family. He's using same plots they once used on them and turned it against them. Anything is better with drinking than killing someone for a father.

I saw this post on my tumblr and thought you guys would love this because this is golden.

Quote:
Quote:
Sonny didn't raise Michael to be an entitled brat. Jason should be here to give another 'little bitch' speech to that kid and teach him some respect.
No, Sonny raised Michael to do exactly what Michael is doing. To protect those you love, and if someone hurts them, make them pay. Michael is making Sonny pay for killing AJ. Sonny is just as entitled and selfish as Michael is now, but Michael has a legit reason. The audience knows exactly why Michael is acting out and the reasons behind his actions, obviously you and others don’t agree with his decisions, but this entitlement didn’t come out of the blue. Michael has always been very loving and respective of Sonny, worshiped him, but given recent circumstances, it’s understandable why Michael snapped.
I’d love Jason to come out and try and help both of them find some kind of peace. Jason should be here to help his family and help them heal a bit. He’s what their missing, Jason was always the voice of reason for Sonny, for Michael, for Carly. I think he’d talk Michael down and out of going through with this but unfortunately Jason is somewhere lost inside Jake.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Absolute Fan

There's actually a bit of hope that Michael won't soften - but I still fear that it will eventually lead to him forgiving Sonny and returning Avery to him. But oh am I enjoying this right now. Classic moment when he said he would call Avery AJ. Finally some one to put Sonny in is place that has the history to support the angst - not just another cop, DA, etc.

I felt the need to gag when Carly said Sonny was a good father. It's hard to imagine she could still be this delusional after everything her children endured. I'm not game for this upteeneth go around them.

ETA: Just read the above quote. And I actually think Jason might side with Michael in the sense that he'd believe he should do what would keep Avery safest. But maybe that's just me.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves

Last edited by lasha4god; 03-10-2015 at 02:27 PM
Old 03-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, not gonna lie, part of me was afraid that he would crack and let Sonny in and forgive him and undone all of this but today, when Sonny said that he could break him and Michael's response was golden. He was like oh wait, you taught me not to let anyone break me, right? Well, I am doing what you taught me, you can't break me. BURN. I am so in love with this version of Michael. Please stay that way, show. This guy is so beautiful and so amazing and so incredible and so badass. For once, he does something justice for his father and Sonny knows exactly how that feels considered he hasn't felt like this for past 20 years and now he's feeling it with his own daughter and it hurts, doesn't it? It hurts like a bitch and it should be. I am so loving that Michael knows what kind of person Sonny and Carly are to use their weakness against them. Perfection.

Yeah, Carly is so delusional, once again, saying that he's a great father? After everything, just everything, Michael has done, he's still a great father? Ask me why is Michael doing this? He doesn't just do this out of nowhere. He's hurting, he's fcking hurting because of SONNY'S ACTIONS, that's why he snapped. So that means he's a great father who made his own child snap because of pain and grief? Sure.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread