Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Susan Lucci: Daytime Emmy Awards Icon

1980 Daytime Emmy Awards
Susan goofs around with Nick Benedict at the seventh annual Daytime Emmy Awards.

1985 Daytime Emmy Awards
Here's the cute couple at the show in 1985.

1992 Daytime Emmy Awards

More photos of Susan Lucci here!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Beautiful pictures.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Dimitri Marick was one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) love interest of Erica's. I am plugging a fan website of Michael Nader's which has lots of Erica/Dimitri photos.

The Michael Nader Loyalists Website

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think Dimitri/Erica was the only pairing of her's I liked.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I was not much of a Dimitri fan, I'll be honest. Especially after he stupidly decided to help Kendall track down Erica's rapist. Let's not forget the whole Maria disaster. I didn't hate him at all, but was indifferent. After Helga and Angelique were gone, the Marricks weren't as interesting.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I didn't forget anything. Besides 1997 when they made his character all weird and unlikable (like marrying Gloria and taking Maddie from Edmund after Maria died then still keeping her when he knew she was Edmund's baby) I liked Dimitri. I wasn't a fan but I just thought Erica's best pairing was with him. After rewatching so many episodes, it was Jack I couldn't stand. He was a huge hypocrite and annoying to me but in general I usually just liked Erica by herself anyway. I was a much bigger fan of pairings like Noah/Julia, Edmund/Maria, Mateo/Hayley, Ryan/Gillian, etc.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't enjoy Erica as much in the 90's. I felt they kept trying to give her all these heavy serious stories to try and get SL her emmy. The rape, the drug addiction etc. They weren't badly done stories, but it didn't really play to SL's strengths or the strength of Erica as a character.

She was never a great actress, but she played better in light drama and comedy, like the way she was written in the 80's. Although I have seen some long time viewers even say they felt Erica wasn't the same once she actually did achieve her dream of being famous. I can see where they are coming from as well.

Then again I'm of the opinion the 'real' AMC died after around 1992. Not that I didn't enjoy stuff after that, but it wasn't the same show.

Jack to me was mostly Erica's doormat. Forever waiting in the wings why she checked out her options. He was like a non character after awhile.

I will say Dimitri and Edmund were interesting and had a great storyline their first year or so on the show.

Last edited by tslpsh; 08-25-2018 at 08:53 PM
Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
I didn't enjoy Erica as much in the 90's. I felt they kept trying to give her all these heavy serious stories to try and get SL her emmy. The rape, the drug addiction etc. They weren't badly done stories, but it didn't really play to SL's strengths or the strength of Erica as a character.

She was never a great actress, but she played better in light drama and comedy, like the way she was written in the 80's. Although I have seen some long time viewers even say they felt Erica wasn't the same once she actually did achieve her dream of being famous. I can see where they are coming from as well.

Then again I'm of the opinion the 'real' AMC died after around 1992. Not that I didn't enjoy stuff after that, but it wasn't the same show.

Jack to me was mostly Erica's doormat. Forever waiting in the wings why she checked out her options. He was like a non character after awhile.

I will say Dimitri and Edmund were interesting and had a great storyline their first year or so on the show.
The 90s in general got a little bit heavier on soaps. Still great writing, but not as fun and iconic as the 80s. I still thought they gave Erica a lot of fantastic stuff in the 90s, and I really loved her and Dimitri.

Jack was so not my idea of the right man for Erica. He's a LAWYER. Erica needs something a lot more wealthy and glamorous than that. Plus, he was so inconsistent that I couldn't trust him. He didn't stand up for Erica and her custody battle with Bianca, but he can hide a dead body for Laurel? WTF.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Your probably right about that -- the same thing happened to GH re: the 80's and 90's. Still, good writing in both eras, they were just different.

BTW, I don't know if you've checked out BlueRose's channel, but she's been uploading some episodes from the early 80's with Erica and Mike in Mexico. In one clip they even do the mexican hat dance
Old 09-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Someone recently uploaded the episode Susan won her Emmy for during Bianca's anorexia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fTutWADec
Old 09-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Thanks for posting that.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Queen of Daytime!!
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Nice for Erica Kane.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Someone recently uploaded the episode Susan won her Emmy for during Bianca's anorexia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fTutWADec

I cried tears of joy for her!

Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Loyal Fan

New photo of La Lucci.

Reply   Post New Thread