Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
This was in late 2005 - early 2006.
The way I always saw it was that yes Emily did love Sonny, but at that time she needed something very different from Nikolas at that time. and that's what made her fall more for Sonny... I do think she still loved Nikolas though but of course the whole Courtney/Nikolas thing was going on so she really didn't want to interfere with that.
It's basically how she was. which was really one of Emily great qualities.
Exaclty! It makes sense that Emily needed Sonny at the time because it was everything the opposite of with Nik, no bad reminders of what Connor did to her and caused her to lose with Nik.

I can't even imagine how tough the Nik/Courtney stuff must have been for fans at that time because in hindsight you can be sure Emily/Nik would find their way back. But then it's a soap and you can never be 100% sure it will go your couples way.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Exaclty! It makes sense that Emily needed Sonny at the time because it was everything the opposite of with Nik, no bad reminders of what Connor did to her and caused her to lose with Nik.

I can't even imagine how tough the Nik/Courtney stuff must have been for fans at that time because in hindsight you can be sure Emily/Nik would find their way back. But then it's a soap and you can never be 100% sure it will go your couples way.
Yup, I agree because I think even Nikolas waiting never would have done anything. Sadly, sometimes the best option is to separate. I feel that sadly Emily would've been with Nikolas out of obligations and they would have grew apart if they stayed together. She just couldn't stop thinking about Connor and with everything being so fresh, she just couldn't be around him.

The good thing is that they still loved each other even if they had to distance away but distance did make the heart grow founder even if it was torture seeing them apart.

I feel that Nikolas/Emily are one of those couples that you knew eventually would get back together. Some pairings have that kind of relationship. Jason/Sam has it, Nikolas/Emily, Victoria/Billy (sadly lol), Sharon/Nick, Victor/Nikki, Brooke/Ridge (we'll see if it happens again)... and the list goes on...

I really truly dislike seeing couples breaking up and getting back together again, HOWEVER, with Nik/Emily it was so much different because that wasn't their type of relationship. They really only broke up once and it was because they were forced apart by horrible circumstances and they got back together and months later Emily eventually died. So, they weren't keep breaking up and getting back together every few months.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I really truly dislike seeing couples breaking up and getting back together again, HOWEVER, with Nik/Emily it was so much different because that wasn't their type of relationship. They really only broke up once and it was because they were forced apart by horrible circumstances and they got back together and months later Emily eventually died. So, they weren't keep breaking up and getting back together every few months.
I dislike that being done to couples too it's irritating. Nice that they only had one true break-up. What about mini break-ups? You know the kind that barely or just dont count because of it being as brief as one episode.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Only one I remember...
They had an almost break up when Nikolas started to blackout, it's weeks before Emily's death. He felt he'd be responsible for her death but Emily didn't care because she knew he would never kill her even if he blacked out.

So, it was like a few minutes of a break up because Emily didn't accept it.

Oh wait a minute, I just remembered, they did have another break up in 2005... when Nikolas had amnesia and everything thought he died. Emily grew closer to Lucky at that time, and it was the time when Nikolas thought he was Connor and married to the lying Mary .....
Old 10-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

So generally their big legit splits were all things that were out of their control because of outside forces.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So generally their big legit splits were all things that were out of their control because of outside forces.
Yeah. So, in a way I guess that's why it was easy to keep shipping them and have hope because they never really broke up for pity reasons or because they fell out of love. Seems like a lot of outside interference or things out of their control, and of course the major one out of their control was Emily's death. Still not happy about that.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

What kind of mother do you think Em would've been if they'd had a chance to have children? She must've shown signs with Spencer of what it might've been like one day.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What kind of mother do you think Em would've been if they'd had a chance to have children? She must've shown signs with Spencer of what it might've been like one day.
I think she would've been an terrific one of course. And not only because I like her because there are some characters I like that I might not feel the same of, but just how she treated Spencer or even Michael just showed how much she'd give all her love.

She would do anything to make sure her child has a great life, and she'd give all her love to her child.

I mean Emily let Helena take her hostage to save Spencer, and that's not even her real son. And she wasn't even back together with Nikolas at that time.

Too bad a child couldn't have recieved her love.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Definitely sounds like she'd have made a wonderful and loving mother it's too bad that was stolen from them. If the show was fair Spencer would've been their child.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was watching some Emily scenes last night and man how I miss Emily/Liz friendship.

Also, this scene show you how damaged that Emily was after the rape. She couldn't even have a man touch her so that just goes to show you how she saw Nikolas at this time. And I loved how Elizabeth was her BFF because it brought up Elizabeth past when she was raped. So, even without works, Elizabeth knew everything that Emily was going through.

Also, it showed how strong of a person Emily was! she was so damaged but pretended to be strong for Nikolas because of what he was going through.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Liz must have been a great support to Emily during that time since she must've known what she was feeling, going through due to her own past trauma.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Liz must have been a great support to Emily during that time since she must've known what she was feeling, going through due to her own past trauma.
Yup. At first Emily and Liz were having arguments. Emily was telling Liz that what happened to her didn't happen to her so Emily tried to be strong and not tell anyone about what happened.

Of course Helena sorry a$$ was the worst, kidnapped Emily and told her how she wanted that to happen. URG! just the worst.
It's just sad because all of this was happening when Nikolas was in jail... so it wasn't much he could do.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Great acting in that scene with Liz and Steven. Going through that PTSD but still thinking more for Nik than herself because it must've been hard to look at him and not think of Connor.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Great acting in that scene with Liz and Steven. Going through that PTSD but still thinking more for Nik than herself because it must've been hard to look at him and not think of Connor.
Yup, it shows how vulnerable YET broken Emily was at the same time. She was dealing with her own traumatic experience yet she knew she had to be strong for Nikolas but she saw Connor when she looked at Nikolas.
She was scared of guys touching her so of course she'd be more freaked out when it was Nikolas since he looked exactly like him.

I still can't believe GH was stupid enough to get rid of a great actress like Natalia and Emily.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

I forget did Natalia choose to leave or did the show decide to kill Emily off?