Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
He does love and care about his family in his own way. But his loyalty is very much to Marnie and he's very protective of her. From some of the scenes of theirs that I've seen he's probably more the parent in that relationship than what Marnie is.

There was a James/Nathan scene back in March (just before Rachel died) that I just adored. James was trying to talk Nathan out of marrying/going away with Rachel but it instead ended in some funny jokes and a nice brothers moment.
Don't know much about the family is Nathan the good brother, while James is the dark one?
Old 06-15-2016, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Don't know much about the family is Nathan the good brother, while James is the dark one?
Yeah that's probably the best way to describe it. Alfie is the youngest of the family and I'd go so far as to he's the most beloved by everyone in the Nightingale family. A lot of the time James is pretty separate from the other Nightingale's and interacts the most with Marnie. If I remember correctly Mac actually disowned James over the scheming he was doing with Marnie over tricking Tony into letting them buy the Hutch.

James' ex Carter shows up soon so that should be interesting. A lot more interesting than having him lower his standards by getting involved with JP again.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

It's surprising that Marnie and her ex could have three children if he hates her so much. Perhaps she wasn't always so horrible and they were in love and it wasn't until later she became horrible,

Looks like Eastenders is planning a triangle with Johnny, Steven, and Lauren. I remember Steven having issues with his sexuality years ago and that's why he was banished by Ian. I wonder if Steven is bisexual or just denying himself of who he really is. No one can miss the look he gave Johnny, he's definitely interested.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's surprising that Marnie and her ex could have three children if he hates her so much. Perhaps she wasn't always so horrible and they were in love and it wasn't until later she became horrible.
I'm curious about Marnie & Mac's backstory too. All we really know about their relationship pre-Hollyoaks is that they had James, Nathan and Ellie. Mac cheated on Marnie with Cindy and conceived Alfie which was the final nail in the coffin of the marriage I suppose even though they brought up Alfie as a baby. It's been shown a bit that Marnie still loves Mac and wants him back despite the fact he's with someone else.

Quote:
Looks like Eastenders is planning a triangle with Johnny, Steven, and Lauren. I remember Steven having issues with his sexuality years ago and that's why he was banished by Ian. I wonder if Steven is bisexual or just denying himself of who he really is. No one can miss the look he gave Johnny, he's definitely interested.
Steven/Lauren's relationship was a very predictable "plot twist" that I'm sure only happened because the actor who played Peter wasn't returning with Lauren. Quite obvious also that something is likely to happen between Steven/Johnny. Though I can't say i'll be happy with yet another affair storyline. I don't get why all the british soaps feel the need to have every homosexual relationship start out through an affair. EastEnders needs to stop being a one-trick pony doing this because it's all they seem to know how to do.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I'm curious about Marnie & Mac's backstory too. All we really know about their relationship pre-Hollyoaks is that they had James, Nathan and Ellie. Mac cheated on Marnie with Cindy and conceived Alfie which was the final nail in the coffin of the marriage I suppose even though they brought up Alfie as a baby. It's been shown a bit that Marnie still loves Mac and wants him back despite the fact he's with someone else.
Yeah I got that vibe too, that she still loves Mac in her own twisted way. And still wants him and that's why she does a lot of what she does.

Quote:
Steven/Lauren's relationship was a very predictable "plot twist" that I'm sure only happened because the actor who played Peter wasn't returning with Lauren. Quite obvious also that something is likely to happen between Steven/Johnny. Though I can't say i'll be happy with yet another affair storyline. I don't get why all the British soaps feel the need to have every homosexual relationship start out through an affair. EastEnders needs to stop being a one-trick pony doing this because it's all they seem to know how to do.
I'm very sick of affairs too, I get they're soaps bread and butter. But they could branch out every so often. But from an interview I saw of the actor who plays Steven. He says that Steven does love Lauren. So perhaps he really does love her and is bisexual. Nut his attraction to Johnny becomes too strong. Or he really does love her, but it's not enough because deep down he's still gay. And he romantically and emotionally loves her, maybe even some physical too, but it's not enough.

I find it funny that the Beales are so angry to see Steven, sure he's done some really horrible things from the little I can remember. But so have all of them and to each other. Glass houses and all that. He does honestly look like he's trying to make up for his past deeds from what I have seen. I admit I like his chemistry with Lauren well enough. But there was a spark with Johnny and it was only one scene.

Spoiler:
Old 06-18-2016, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Just a few days ago Kelvin (Andy) tweeted that he was filming BIG scenes. So factoring that in with other stuff that's recently been filmed I really don't know what to make of any storylines over the next month or so.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad that Kelvin is getting some big scenes, he's a fine actor and the show has been really wasting him lately. In fact they have been wasting all the Sugden clan. Oh how I miss them and hope big scenes for Kelvin mean big things for them all to be together too.

I was wondering if the next thread we might put an OP together with pictures and little details about each soap? I know Hollyoaks and Emmerdale pretty well and have only really dabble in Coronation Street and EastEnders.

But I was wondering what everyone thought and what they would like to see on a OP for British soaps? I thought since it's still pretty far away for a new thread, we had some time to come up with one.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah that sounds like a good idea I could find some pics from EE and HO and post them on here for you to use?

We were right about Mercedes, Jennifer Metcalfe confirmed the pregnancy photos are part of a con apart from Myra as we've just found out she's pregnant!
Wolf Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Good idea about creating an OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
We were right about Mercedes, Jennifer Metcalfe confirmed the pregnancy photos are part of a con apart from Myra as we've just found out she's pregnant!
Myra being pregnant is the latest ridiculous storyline. So many McQueen children they'll be running the village one day.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Ugh. Please no more McQueens, Hollyoaks has been overtaken by McQueens. It's like Emmerdale with the Dingles. And then all the stories (or the good stories) are about them and everybody else gets little screen time. Ugh.

So I thought we could start off the ideas of the next OP with this...

Welcome to the 2nd Appreciation (or we could use the word Discussion) Thread For UK Soaps

Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale, and Hollyoaks

It's all I got so far. I wish I knew how to make them all the same size and fit together better like a box, so it look neater. I got all the images from wikipedia.

I know mostly about Emmerdale and Hollyoaks (though I haven't really watch Hollyoaks since they brought in Ste's family. It's just gotten too horrible) I know a little about Coronation Street from the Todd and Karl's storyline way back in the day and Sophie and Sian's storyline. And then EastEnders with Christian and Syed. I am curious what they got planned for Johnny, Steven, and Lauren.

So what do you guys think?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

^ OP idea looks good so far. I say call it the Discussion Thread.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

I think I found one that looks better.

What else should we put in the OP?

Links? Youtube channels? History?
Old 06-28-2016, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think I found one that looks better.

Links? Youtube channels? History?
Looks good. Just add a short history of info for each show.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Ok here is my second go, I got most of the summary info from google and wikipedia. And either cut and paste or just summed it up. I tried to pick videos that would show the most of what the show was about or who was on the show or where is was located. Though I'm up for different videos too. I was going to do Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, but it's very late and I'm about to pass out into sleep land.

Welcome to the 2nd Discussion Thread For UK Soaps

Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale, and Hollyoaks

Coronation Street
What hasn't Britain's longest-running soap covered since its 1960 debut?
Heck, even Prince Charles has appeared onscreen. The residents of Coronation
Street are ordinary, working-class folk, and the show follows them through
regular social and family interactions. With the occasional soap-worthy
murder plot thrown in for good measure.

EastEnders
EastEnders storylines examine the domestic and professional lives of the people
who live and work in the fictional London Borough of Walford in the East End of
London. The series primarily centers on the residents of Albert Square, a Victorian
square of terraced houses, and its neighboring streets, namely Bridge Street,
Turpin Road and George Street. The area encompasses a pub, street market,
night club, community center, funeral parlor, café, wine bar, various
other small businesses, a park and allotments.

What do you think so far?
Old 07-04-2016, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

So it's been known for months that Paula Lane was exiting her role on Corrie as Kylie Platt but it was still so upsetting to find out that
Spoiler:

I don't really watch Corrie much but I'm definitely gonna tune in this week for Paula's final week as Kylie.