Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2020, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved those scenes of JnJ above during the Missing Heiress SL.

Witty banter was them at their best.

I know of a few good playlists for JnJ up to 2006 but I will have to PM you b/c the person that made them doesn't want them shared since she had her JnJ channel took down.

That His Girl Friday fantasy is on it.

Oh I also wanted to add that while I did feel like their 2006 exit was Supercouple writing for JnJ the fact that Jennifer was ever even torn between Jack & Frankie ruined it for me.

Jennifer was never torn between Jack & Frankie their first run.

It was made clear she loved only Jack & that Frankie was like her First Love but Jack her True Love.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank Jaime, I would appreciate it!

Oh yeah, I agree. Going back to Frankie and Jenn never made sense to me in the first place.

J&J were such a unique couple in daytime with their wit, that most writers would have a hard time writing for them, unfortunately. We were lucky to get the good writing when we did though. It still holds up too. Sometimes I watch clips of other couples from the old days, and it seems outdated, but J&J are just classic.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Thank Jaime, I would appreciate it!

Oh yeah, I agree. Going back to Frankie and Jenn never made sense to me in the first place.

J&J were such a unique couple in daytime with their wit, that most writers would have a hard time writing for them, unfortunately. We were lucky to get the good writing when we did though. It still holds up too. Sometimes I watch clips of other couples from the old days, and it seems outdated, but J&J are just classic.
No problem.

Before Days took edits down off YT I watched Jarlena 1986 & thought they were well written then.

Days IMO mostly when JER took over has never has been as good as it was before.

Even though there have been times I enjoyed the show later like when they wrote for the Last Blast gang first time around.

Between the bad writing & KC wanted to kill the Supercouple for stupid triangles instead.

That's why there hasn't been a true popular Supercouple that's new since JnJ that could be called Iconic.

You have popular couples & I would call them Powercouples but nothing like the popularity of Days Supercouples in the 80's & before.

I will never forget a tweet someone wrote about Days that if your couple met after the 80's they aren't a Supercouple.

Classic JnJ 89 first meeting to 91 Wedding does hold up to me more than any other soap couple.

That's why they are my Soap OTP.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah the supercouple age was definitely the 80's. DOOL did change with JER took over. Actually GH changed too, it definitely wasn't the same show after Robert/Anna were killed off and Wendy Riche took over. Where as GH decided to become a more grounded show, DOOL went in the opposite direction and became even more campy than before. We were lucky to get J&J at the end of the classic era.

BTW, I saw on youtube the proposal scenes from like 6 months ago and those were good. I enjoyed them. The best will always be the rooftop proposal though.

Last edited by tslpsh; 07-10-2020 at 08:30 AM
Old 07-12-2020, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old School JnJ.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah the supercouple age was definitely the 80's. DOOL did change with JER took over. Actually GH changed too, it definitely wasn't the same show after Robert/Anna were killed off and Wendy Riche took over. Where as GH decided to become a more grounded show, DOOL went in the opposite direction and became even more campy than before. We were lucky to get J&J at the end of the classic era.

BTW, I saw on youtube the proposal scenes from like 6 months ago and those were good. I enjoyed them. The best will always be the rooftop proposal though.
I never saw GH until around 1996 during Jason's accident regularly. I got Sonny/Brenda/Jax edits thanks to my aunt Lori though.

1993 was when she started watching so I haven't seen much from the 80's.

GH became my Soap for a long time.

Jack's proposal on the roof is my fave one too.

I saw the recent one & it was pretty well done.

It's always good when they remember real history that matters to the fans.

Recent vid that deserves more views & likes.

JnJ Nobody but you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMm2-j_pulo

Old 07-12-2020, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I liked how they mentioned their previous proposals in the scene.

That's a great video. Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to look up some of their more recent clips. Like Jack carrying Jennifer even though he has a bad back. Is that the jade plant I see?

Oh yeah, I think I remember reading about that scene where Jennifer tells Jack "I never loved anyone the way that I loved you" that was when Jack first returned and still had amnesia, and someone on twitter said Matt had said in a interview that the producers told them to cool down the chemistry cause Jack isn't suppose to know who Jennifer is yet!
Old 07-14-2020, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I liked how they mentioned their previous proposals in the scene.

That's a great video. Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to look up some of their more recent clips. Like Jack carrying Jennifer even though he has a bad back. Is that the jade plant I see?

Oh yeah, I think I remember reading about that scene where Jennifer tells Jack "I never loved anyone the way that I loved you" that was when Jack first returned and still had amnesia, and someone on twitter said Matt had said in a interview that the producers told them to cool down the chemistry cause Jack isn't suppose to know who Jennifer is yet!
Yeah Jack brought back the Jade Plant.

That scene did have a lot of chemistry.

JnJ scenes from 2019 & 2020 playlists. These playlist are public on YT. I haven't watched them yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7afM...Vtp3FrDZAh23KY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaTK...8o_yWngSVL7sZv

Another recent vid that deserves more views & likes. This vidder has more JnJ vids. You might want to look at their channel.

JnJ Lover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2JN0chx0N4

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 07-14-2020 at 07:22 PM
Old 07-14-2020, 11:52 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Looks like I'm gonna have myself a bit of a JnJ marathon then. I'll post my comments later after I've watched some. Thanks for posting all the links.

I just watched the one scene with Steve and Jack from the 2020 playlist, did they just say Jack's wife went off the balcony? Was this poking fun at SN's GH role where MBE's Katherine character there fell off the parapet back in the 90's?

I've actually never heard that song before. That was a nice vid. I didn't even notice before some of the parallels, like Jack spinning around in the chair, then cut to when Jennifer was in charge of the newspaper in 2002 doing the same thing. I think my favorite bits were the "stand up" with J&J quickly standing up then the going down with the titanic with a clip from the Cruise of Deception. Then the end with "mine, mine, mine" with the towels and blankets going everywhere LOL who ever put this together put alot of thought into what clips to use.

J&J with the highlighter. Oh the innuendo they use to write for them.

Last edited by tslpsh; 07-17-2020 at 04:23 AM
Old 07-17-2020, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ Looks like I'm gonna have myself a bit of a JnJ marathon then. I'll post my comments later after I've watched some. Thanks for posting all the links.

I just watched the one scene with Steve and Jack from the 2020 playlist, did they just say Jack's wife went off the balcony? Was this poking fun at SN's GH role where MBE's Katherine character there fell off the parapet back in the 90's?

I've actually never heard that song before. That was a nice vid. I didn't even notice before some of the parallels, like Jack spinning around in the chair, then cut to when Jennifer was in charge of the newspaper in 2002 doing the same thing. I think my favorite bits were the "stand up" with J&J quickly standing up then the going down with the titanic with a clip from the Cruise of Deception. Then the end with "mine, mine, mine" with the towels and blankets going everywhere LOL who ever put this together put alot of thought into what clips to use.

J&J with the highlighter. Oh the innuendo they use to write for them.
Jennifer fell off a balcony. I'm sure that's what that was referring to.

The song is off Taylor Swift's newest album.

It fits JnJ well.

I think a lot of thought went into those clips.

Here is link to the other JnJ vids by that vidder. Lover was only one on that channel.

They had these on another.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNW...3Wo8E10c8_x2Eg

Have you seen this vid?

Old 07-18-2020, 07:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Jaime. No, I haven't seen it. I think my favorite part of that one is the slow mo part where they inch closer toward each other around 2:10, and the angsty part at the beginning with Jennifer and the rings.

I think there were some old JnJ videos that got deleted from YT, or went private. There was one to the song "Nothing Sacred Anymore" that I can't seem to find anymore. oh well.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks Jaime. No, I haven't seen it. I think my favorite part of that one is the slow mo part where they inch closer toward each other around 2:10, and the angsty part at the beginning with Jennifer and the rings.

I think there were some old JnJ videos that got deleted from YT, or went private. There was one to the song "Nothing Sacred Anymore" that I can't seem to find anymore. oh well.
These playlists are from the OP.

Karen: JnJ Classic Vidder

SL BC: JnJ Newer Vidder

Old 11-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There's better to be an explanation for the Jack and Kate stuff... I hope it's not what it appears to be...
This is some nonsense but I'll wait for this week but I'm already upset.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the vid posted
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Thanks for the vid posted
There are more linked above if you read all my posts.

So glad Missy isn't around for the crap they are writing right now.

Reply   Post New Thread