Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really think there is a lot of irony that EJ & Jack won most wanted back together.

The characters are very similar. EJ in a lot of ways a bad man like Jack was before his redemption b/c of his love for Jennifer.

Supercouple Era could have given EJ a great redemption SL falling for Abby like Jack did Jennifer. Both men able to have clean slates history wise with both women.

It was her that inspired Jack to change. This is short but I think was the first time Jack truly showed he still had good in him b/c of feelings for Jennifer. She was even surprised he was was there.

The SL continues to show this when he wants to help her get a pregnant woman free from jail b/c she only stole to go to there to have a place to have her baby.

The SL is heartbreaking in so many ways b/c Sally goes to jail & has to give her baby up for adoption. This is perfect for Jack to see to help character growth since his real mother Jo gave him & Steve up to protect them from their father Duke who was abusive & raped their sister Adrienne. Jack was just a baby. Then his adoptive father turned out to be a serial killer. It's no wonder why Jack had issues.

Jack was very affected by seeing Sally have to give up Hannah & helped Jennifer get custody for a while by pulling some strings that he actually never told her about. Jennifer in the end had to give Hannah up to Sally's parents. The SL we got to see a softer side of Jack since he had raped Kayla. Before this he was a good man but that was all. The character was not fleshed out until Matt took over the role. There were 2 other Jack's before him but they were just written as nice guys that Stayla were lying to having an affair behind his back. Steve knew Jack was his brother & was in love with Kayla. Jack was dying but then was cured. The show had no choice but to turn Jack into a villain by raping Kayla after finding out about the affair. I saw some of the Jack stuff with them on YT. The SL is very similar to what happens later except Lawrence was always shown intended villain of JnJ not someone ever in love with her. I think after seeing this backstory & how much the rape is what changed Jack was interesting & helped me understand how he could easily find redemption b/c good was there underneath the bad man he had become. Jennifer brought it out by making him hate what he had become. Jack was lost in darkness & Jennifer the light that helped lead him out of it.

This also describes EJ b/c I'm reminded of actually a quote from GG that is very true. I know it's GG but IMO Dair was well written & are similar actually to JnJ with some aspects comedy & common interests only.

Blair: They are all good men before something happens to them.

I think it's that EJ was groomed to be an evil DiMera in his case.

EJ known as a son of Prince of Darkness Stefano: This could easily be Jack b/c having the fathers he did. Both did rape. Besides this though EJ was always made out to have been as a big villain as his father in the past but more grey then. This making Days doing anything with EJabby shocking. Jack wasn't made out to be as big as his & never huge like Stefano. JnJ are as close to it though.

Abby & Jennifer both Princesses of Light.

Abby did see good in EJ when their SL first started.

Sorry if the EJabby part annoyed anyone but it just came out with EJ & Jack winning together. The similarities Abby being JnJ's daughter & so much like Jennifer in these ways.

I can see why during the time JnJ was brought into the discussions b/c potential of that was the last well written classic supercouple being there for good writers to use but didn't b/c modern soap writers waste potential but it hurts more this time b/c this potential was what classic soap writers would have ran with & given such a beautiful love story. EJabby also connected talking about Jack. Abby said that he got him when others didn't her father. He loved Jack's book & couldn't put it down.

I wrote a long post again about this soap.

I actually could sadly add lots more but I will stop here.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Blair: They are all good men before something happens to them.
That's a great quote from Blair!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Jaime
Old 02-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've uploaded all 4 parts of this that will include more since it's so short.

JnJ Nick's Killer Playlist

Plus this on V Day.

JnJ Valentine's Reunion: 2003

It won't embed.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Thanks for that.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

JnJ Contramundum: Part 1

Nick's Killer & Contramundum Playlist

Link to all.

JnJ Playlists

Contramundum: You & me against the world. Jack says this about them when Jennifer says she thinks the world is trying to keep them apart basically.

The only way Lawrence is ever going to be put behind them & hopefully finally stop his evil Jennifer realizes is to press charges against him.

I still can't get over the success of this JnJ channel.

I have 482 subs! So close to 500 subs in 6 months!

For a old soap couple that Days has screwed over & over but fans won't stop loving JnJ. They have tried everything it seems.

Heck bringbackjack is a tag on Twitter.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 05-04-2017 at 12:00 AM
Old 02-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

You're doing a great job, Jaime!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
You're doing a great job, Jaime!
I second this!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I always liked them together.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

2 days ago I uploaded this.

JnJ Contramudum Part 2

Jack & Jennifer continue to finding their way back to each other in this edit that is mostly just them.

This is how you write a Supercouple.

Nick's Killer & Contramundum Playlist

JnJ were never supposed to happen but b/c of fans & classic writers that knew when they found something that had such potential SL wise ran with them.

Days used to have writers that cared about giving us amazing love stories.

JnJ are called Soaps happy accident.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I wish there were couples like them today.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey all
Old 03-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I wish there were couples like them today.
I agree.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I agree.
Yeah its not the same anymore
Old 03-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very true.