Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

He's been carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders for months. That's the happiest and most at peace I've seen him a long time.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

I already was aware that Aaron is the most kind-hearted soap character EVER to exist but his comment about the disgusting defence attorney "just doing his job" just gave further proof of how amazing Aaron truly is.

Danny was great with portraying Aaron's reaction to the guilty verdict. From Aaron breaking down crying at the verdict to later expressing his thoughts to Robert about how he'd thought the guilty verdict would change how he felt. But realizing that it doesn't change what happened to him. Once again Robert knew the right thing to say which is that he needs to let go and allow himself to be happy because happiness is what he deserves.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

I'm really glad they had that moment where Aaron was really vulnerable and admitted to Robert about his feelings over the trial. He's right, what happen to him still happen, and he's going to have to live with that for the rest of his life. I hope the show doesn't drop the aftermath of this like they have many others and they still have Aaron dealing with the ripples, but in a more healthy way because that is realistic. And the most healthy for Aaron, he needs to move forward with his life and both let go and learn to live with it.

And Danny's message to the fans.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's going to take a while to get my brain to start seeing him as Aaron Dingle instead of Livesy, but I think it was a smart move for the writers to take, like the start of a new era for his character - and maybe a happier one?

The more Aaron defended the defence barrister, the more I hated him for trying to label Aaron a cold-hearted manipulative liar. Aaron's most definitely the most complex, generous and selfless character to exist in any soapland, which is why comments like that - or especially, earlier this year, when Chas said "all he ever thinks about is himself" - just make me want to jump inside the screen and punch the line's deliverer. Clearly on a different wavelength.

So far they've not dropped any major storylines of Aaron's, and I particularly like - in a weird way - how they keep bringing back his self-harming, because that's not a problem you can just fix. So hopefully it will be a bit like the Jackson ordeal, and not just be dropped because it's been resolved.

^ I've said it before and I'll say it until the end of time. I Danny Miller.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica001 (View Post)
It's going to take a while to get my brain to start seeing him as Aaron Dingle instead of Livesy, but I think it was a smart move for the writers to take, like the start of a new era for his character - and maybe a happier one?

The more Aaron defended the defence barrister, the more I hated him for trying to label Aaron a cold-hearted manipulative liar. Aaron's most definitely the most complex, generous and selfless character to exist in any soapland, which is why comments like that - or especially, earlier this year, when Chas said "all he ever thinks about is himself" - just make me want to jump inside the screen and punch the line's deliverer. Clearly on a different wavelength.

^ I've said it before and I'll say it until the end of time. I Danny Miller.
It's gonna take ages to get use to so I'm just gonna go with Livesy-Dingle until he's a Sugden.

I hate it when any character says something that is so blatantly not how Aaron is. Like when that mouthy tart Tracy was in David's shop mouthing off about the trial/Aaron I just wanted to reached through the screen and slap her face off. I loved watching Adam/Holly defending him against the mouthy moron. Also loved that once Aaron/Robert entered the shop that they completely shut her down and then Robert proceeded to glare at her as though he was thinking 'how dare you question my mans honesty, off with your head'.

I love Danny too and his dedication to getting the story right.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

I admit that it's been difficult remembering that Aaron is going to be different. I mean when I'm on other boards I have just started tagging him as both because my brain not used to it yet and needs some time. It's just going to take some adjustment and reminding.

Though I admit I would like to see Aaron one day have the last day Sugden or Dingle-Sugden. Perhaps since Aaron had such a difficult relationship with Chas and was in some ways never a part of the Dingles. I always prefer Livesy, of course that was all before this storyline.

But I'm just so happy that Gordon is finally paying for what he's done.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haha sounds like a plan. Personally I think Aaron Livesy sounds better on its own, but obviously that's disregarding what we found out these past few months. I still think its a smart - and honest - decision to change it though.

The thing that bugged me most about Tracy mouthing off was that she's hardly even shared the screen with Aaron before, yet she thinks she knows him and sees fit to poke holes in his story. I love how Holly stood up for him though, I used to love their friendship and hope they don't disregard it entirely. Plus, they're trying to fix the Paddy/Aaron situation really badly. The real Paddy would have never stayed away from that courtroom, no matter how many times Aaron told him to. On one hand I'm glad it's getting attention again, on the other I'm scared it's been damaged beyond repair but is going to be repaired anyway.

I don't think they could have given Gordon a not guilty verdict, lest they scare off people in real life situations from coming forward. They already did that with Lisa's storyline a while back, but at least then there was another victim who did get justice.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The thing that bugged me most about Tracy mouthing off was that she's hardly even shared the screen with Aaron before, yet she thinks she knows him and sees fit to poke holes in his story. I love how Holly stood up for him though, I used to love their friendship and hope they don't disregard it entirely.
I was cheering on Adam, Holly, Aaron and Robert as they all shutdown that uninformed nobody and her out-of-line rambling. I think even Carly was put off by Tracy saying what she was saying. I've never seen even one scene between Aaron/Tracy so she had absolutely no right to make any comment.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Haha sounds like a plan. Personally I think Aaron Livesy sounds better on its own, but obviously that's disregarding what we found out these past few months. I still think its a smart - and honest - decision to change it though.
Exactly I always thought Livesy sounds better, of course that has changed. I'm glad that neither children will have any tie in that way to Gordon. In that way they are free of him.

Quote:
The thing that bugged me most about Tracy mouthing off was that she's hardly even shared the screen with Aaron before, yet she thinks she knows him and sees fit to poke holes in his story. I love how Holly stood up for him though, I used to love their friendship and hope they don't disregard it entirely. Plus, they're trying to fix the Paddy/Aaron situation really badly. The real Paddy would have never stayed away from that courtroom, no matter how many times Aaron told him to. On one hand I'm glad it's getting attention again, on the other I'm scared it's been damaged beyond repair but is going to be repaired anyway.
See this is what really really bothers me of the show of late. There is no balance, there is no community. I mean has Paddy had any real scenes with Aaron since he found out about Gordon. It's just a big FU from the show. This is suppose to be a village, a family in a way, and yet everyone is fractured.

Tracy was put there for one reason and one reason only. Because she's a character that people could gain up on and wouldn't know better. I love Tracy, but she is not the brightest bulb in the bunch. She is easily misguided without looking under the surface. She reminds me a lot of Kerry when she first came to town.

Quote:
I don't think they could have given Gordon a not guilty verdict, lest they scare off people in real life situations from coming forward. They already did that with Lisa's storyline a while back, but at least then there was another victim who did get justice.
I knew Gordon would get a guilty verdict, the show doesn't want to show a child rapist get off scot-free. Which sadly happens a lot in real life, but they wanted to show some form of justice for Aaron. And all the people out there who have suffered this evil act against them. Because he would just come after Aaron and Liv again for "turning on him" as he would see it. Plus they want to have Liv in Aaron's life, Sandra would never let Liv be with Aaron if she thought Gordon was roaming free.

I admit I do feel bad for the actor though, he joins the show to play a rapist father. I'm sure it was difficult for him, but he did a good job. I'm guessing the show told Danny and him upfront what they had planned. To make sure everyone was done well and respectful of the people who have actually been victims and their love ones.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Exactly I always thought Livesy sounds better, of course that has changed. I'm glad that neither children will have any tie in that way to Gordon. In that way they are free of him.
They deserve that much.

Quote:
See this is what really really bothers me of the show of late. There is no balance, there is no community. I mean has Paddy had any real scenes with Aaron since he found out about Gordon. It's just a big FU from the show. This is suppose to be a village, a family in a way, and yet everyone is fractured.
They couldn't include Paddy in Aaron's storyline because he's been so wrapped up in his own affair storyline, and now they're trying to pass off his absence as a result of Aaron being mad at him. Like I said before, the real Paddy wouldn't have stayed away from that courtroom, no matter how Aaron felt about him at that time or what state their relationship was in.

Quote:
Tracy was put there for one reason and one reason only. Because she's a character that people could gain up on and wouldn't know better. I love Tracy, but she is not the brightest bulb in the bunch. She is easily misguided without looking under the surface. She reminds me a lot of Kerry when she first came to town.
They included Tracy because she's insufferable. IMO her friendship with Carly has made her slightly more likable lately, but that scene was like hitting the reset button. I kind of want to like her, but I know deep down that I never will.

Quote:
I admit I do feel bad for the actor though, he joins the show to play a rapist father. I'm sure it was difficult for him, but he did a good job. I'm guessing the show told Danny and him upfront what they had planned. To make sure everyone was done well and respectful of the people who have actually been victims and their love ones.
I have a lot of respect for Gary Mavers for taking on the role. Knowing how much hate actors can get from fans who can't separate the show from reality, it was honestly really brave of him to do it, and he really did do it justice.

Spoiler:
Every night I save you.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They couldn't include Paddy in Aaron's storyline because he's been so wrapped up in his own affair storyline, and now they're trying to pass off his absence as a result of Aaron being mad at him. Like I said before, the real Paddy wouldn't have stayed away from that courtroom, no matter how Aaron felt about him at that time or what state their relationship was in.

They included Tracy because she's insufferable. IMO her friendship with Carly has made her slightly more likable lately, but that scene was like hitting the reset button. I kind of want to like her, but I know deep down that I never will.
As much of a unwanted disaster that the Paddy/Tess affair was they do plan most SL's in advance. So I'm thinking that the lack of Paddy in Aaron's SL plus making Aaron/Cain closer have been a by-product of writing Paddy/Rhona out of the village for a few months since they are suppose to be leaving in todays episode.

I agree, Tracy is insufferable and any likeability her friendship with Carly brought to her went away quick by mouthing about Aaron especially in the company of his best friend. I mean I know she's dim but I think she at least be smart enough to not do her smack talking around Aaron's best friend!!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I adore Aaron/Cain. Their relationship is probably my favourite on the show. So I can't be too mad that the lack of Aaron/Paddy has enabled them to delve more into that relationship. However, their goodbye scene definitely repaired some of the damage that's been done lately. It doesn't make up for it entirely, but it helps.

The fact that Tracy, somebody who's never even spoken to Aaron (at least not onscreen), is poking holes in his story is infuriating. What does it have to do with her anyway? I'm still loving Carly though
Every night I save you.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I adore Aaron/Cain. Their relationship is probably my favourite on the show. So I can't be too mad that the lack of Aaron/Paddy has enabled them to delve more into that relationship. However, their goodbye scene definitely repaired some of the damage that's been done lately. It doesn't make up for it entirely, but it helps.
Is it just me or did Paddy seem more sincere in his apology to Aaron about the state of their relationship more than what he ever showed toward Rhona who he completely betrayed & devastated?

Quote:
The fact that Tracy, somebody who's never even spoken to Aaron (at least not onscreen), is poking holes in his story is infuriating. What does it have to do with her anyway? I'm still loving Carly though
She should have just kept her mouth shut and useless opinions to herself.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

It would make sense. Paddy's never been very sincere in his apologies to Rhona because his deluded brain expects her to forgive him because he wasn't planning to leave her. The writers absolutely destroyed them as a couple.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Danny is too cute for this world.