Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

She like her brother, is a very effed up kid. And she just put her trust in the wrong person, it's the little kid in her that wanted her dad to be a good guy. And she had to go through the heartache to find out that everyone else was right all along. There is nothing redeemable about Gordon. That is hard for anyone to realize about someone in your family, especially a kid when it comes to their dad.

I just hope Aaron and Liv heal the rift, they are good for each other. I think he will help mature her like Paddy did for him. And I think she gets him smiling again and I think it's good for him to focus on moving forward with his life by being family to her. That something good can come from the evil that is Gordon, that his evil doesn't live on in his kids. They build a solid relationship and don't let him ruin anything ever again. I just want them happy and healthy and him rotting away in some prison where he's meant to suffer for the rest of his miserable life.

Spoiler:
Old 04-06-2016, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

It breaks my heart that Aaron doesn't get to have even one untainted relationship. That bastard Gordon stole that chance from Aaron/Liv because Liv's betrayal will forever taint/poison the relationship in certain ways just like certain things between Robron, Aaron/Chas, Aaron/Paddy, etc will always be a factor in those relationships.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jeez, is Aaron/Paddy still a thing? It breaks my heart, but Paddy hasn't been involved in this storyline at all. Not to ask how its going, or apologise for missing the plea, nothing.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica001 (View Post)
Jeez, is Aaron/Paddy still a thing? It breaks my heart, but Paddy hasn't been involved in this storyline at all. Not to ask how its going, or apologise for missing the plea, nothing.
It does break my heart, the show has really effed up Paddy and their bond all for the affair and other dramatic issues and it's BS. I hate when soaps do this ruin relationships and history all for stories that fall flat on their faces.

I'm just glad that Aaron wants a fresh start with Liv and he hasn't been majorly set back by Liv's actions with Gordon. He's trying again with Robert, which is a big step for him. Though horrible timing since Robert is moody about Chrissie and Andy.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

The least they could do was just have a throwaway comment, or have him apologise for not being there like they did with Cain, but instead he doesn't even care. It's so OOC its ridiculous.

It's positive that Aaron's looking to the future, and will start to do it even more so after the trial. Maybe he'll finally be happy for a little while before they throw more pain in his direction.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The least they could do was just have a throwaway comment, or have him apologise for not being there like they did with Cain, but instead he doesn't even care. It's so OOC its ridiculous.

It's positive that Aaron's looking to the future, and will start to do it even more so after the trial. Maybe he'll finally be happy for a little while before they throw more pain in his direction.
Paddy's absence from this SL has been a disgrace and his comment to Aaron about him/Rhona not leaving the village until after the trial was just useless since he's had no part in any of it.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

It bothers me how the show focuses on things like the feud of Andy and Robert and ignores the strong bond between Aaron and Paddy when Aaron could really use his father figure right now. Focus on the negatives and ignore the positives.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

They've really done Cain/Aaron wonderfully during this storyline, but I fear that's been at the expense of Paddy/Aaron. If that is the reason, I won't complain too much, because honestly I always preferred the former anyway. But aside from Paddy's complete character destruction, that's the only reason I can think of to explain his neglect recently.
Every night I save you.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
They've really done Cain/Aaron wonderfully during this storyline, but I fear that's been at the expense of Paddy/Aaron. If that is the reason, I won't complain too much, because honestly I always preferred the former anyway. But aside from Paddy's complete character destruction, that's the only reason I can think of to explain his neglect recently.
I don't think the growth of Aaron/Cain's relationship has been the cause of Paddy/Aaron's relationship being disregarded. IMO the Paddy/Tess affair, the current writing for Paddy is to blame for it because Paddy's affair is what caused the distance to grow between them because of Aaron's disgust of the affair. Cain was simply the strong male influence that was there to fill-in the space left behind by Paddy.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I don't think the growth of Aaron/Cain's relationship has been the cause of Paddy/Aaron's relationship being disregarded. IMO the Paddy/Tess affair, the current writing for Paddy is to blame for it because Paddy's affair is what caused the distance to grow between them because of Aaron's disgust of the affair. Cain was simply the strong male influence that was there to fill-in the space left behind by Paddy.
Perhaps the show wanting to not include Paddy because they wanted to waste all that beautiful history between Aaron and Paddy. With their strong and deep connection kept the affair going even though several audience members were like WTF? So that they could make other characters stand out and bring them closer together. I have seen in a lot in US soaps and US teen shows, destroy one to create something else, it's BS.

I really hate that Emmerdale is destroying long standing real relationships (and characters) and wasting our time with lazy written affairs. It's just insulting and showing little respect or care for the show or it's viewers. They need to forget about certain throwaway storylines and characters and get back to the heart of the show. The people, make it a community again.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I want some scenes between Aaron and Holly
Old 04-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I really hate that Emmerdale is destroying long standing real relationships (and characters) and wasting our time with lazy written affairs. It's just insulting and showing little respect or care for the show or it's viewers. They need to forget about certain throwaway storylines and characters and get back to the heart of the show. The people, make it a community again.
It continues to baffle me the current obsession that Emmerdale seems to have developed with affairs being their go-to storyline. Paddy/Tess and Zak/Joanie have both been epic failure pairings that were/are hated by a majority (if not all) of viewers. Yet they've still gone ahead with beginning the latest affair of Belle and that doctor. I really hope they don't plan on ruining Belle because aside from Aaron/Cain she is really one of the only Dingle's that I actually like.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I have a love/hate of Belle like I do with most Dingles. I hate when soaps lower everything to affairs. It's such a waste of screen time and the show's history. And a lot of their affairs except for Aaron and Robert have crashed and burned.

I mean look at Pete/Debbie/Ross, they weren't the huge hit the powers that be behind the show were expecting or planning for. People were ho hum about Megan/Jai/Leyla, they weren't really even a blip on the radar. I think more people were just so happy about the beat down that Megan gave Jai in court, so that Rachel could keep Archie. And Rhona/Paddy/Tess and Lisa/Zak/Joanie were just plain ugly.

There are so many stories they could focus on and get back into. Make it feel like a community again and not so empty and lost in a lot of ways.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Yeah I have a love/hate of Belle like I do with most Dingles. I hate when soaps lower everything to affairs. It's such a waste of screen time and the show's history. And a lot of their affairs except for Aaron and Robert have crashed and burned.

I mean look at Pete/Debbie/Ross, they weren't the huge hit the powers that be behind the show were expecting or planning for.
Other than Robron all the other affairs crashed and burned.

Debbie/Ross was and continues to be pushed as hard as they can (even going so far as to try comparing them to Cain/Charity ) despite the total loathing for them as a couple. It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Other than Robron all the other affairs crashed and burned.

Debbie/Ross was and continues to be pushed as hard as they can (even going so far as to try comparing them to Cain/Charity ) despite the total loathing for them as a couple. It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.
Exactly they pushed and pushed Debbie and Ross on us, when people weren't really that interested and destroyed Pete and Debbie in the process. I rather like Debbie with Pete, I have a love/hate with Debbie that I have with many of the Dingles, but I found her more tolerable with Pete and he was so good for those kids. I hate how Emmerdale pushed all those horrible affairs on us and the Whites. That particular HF family has crashed and burned more times than the Rolling Stones have a had goodbye tour. And yet we are suppose to be interested in them and care for them, especially Chrissie who is more of a waste and baggage for the show than a positive.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread