Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2017, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
I must be going blind because I swear I didn't see his name on the list when I read it.

OMG I saw pics of the kiss and was so confused thinking it was an old scene.
Then I came on here saw your post and realised it was a brand new. I'm not even a fan (though I could give it a proper shot of investing in with Jack out of the way) but that actually makes me want to check some episodes and see how this came about. I'm happy for you since you're a big fan and had been hoping for a revival of some sort for them.
It's okay. lol

Phyllis hair color didn't give it away? This is their first kiss when Phyllis has the new hair color. The scene though also parallel's another scene they shared in the elevator that I'm currently making a gif parallel set of. lol

Sadly, I don't trust in this new writers at all... I believe they were forced to write in that kiss to the fans and even non fans complaining to them weekly about how horrible this Phyllis/Billy and Jack reveal happened.
The first week was good and it fell completely apart after that because the new reign expects fans to just forget what happens.

I don't see any set of fans that were happy after all of this.
If you are for Villy, you wonder if Billy is with Victoria because he can't have Phyllis.
If you are for Billy/Phyllis, you believe Phyllis feelings for Billy were a lie.
If you are for Jack/Phyllis, you wonder why Phyllis keeps cheating.

Just a no win situation because the writers didn't give them the proper closure.

However, I'm starting to believe we'll get a scene a month. For now, I just want a friendship, and I really don't think that's too much to ask....
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

Yeah the hair colour was trying to tell me but I guess I ignored it or didn't study the gif/pic like everyone else.

I've watched some of the 2/6 scenes and I love the riot act Phyllis gave him over his reasons for the kiss. I'm rather confused after it to be honest because even if it was about victoria he clearly still wants Phyllis sexually and as a friend. Which begs the question when he feels that way he cant be fully committed to Victoria anytime soon. I was actually really digging the scenes forreal for the first time.

It does seem that a friendship might be the best to hope for at the moment but it is all rather ambiguous from my opinion at least. Thinking back I honestly dont know why I ever cared about them hurting Jack when I really dont even like him.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah the hair colour was trying to tell me but I guess I ignored it or didn't study the gif/pic like everyone else.

I've watched some of the 2/6 scenes and I love the riot act Phyllis gave him over his reasons for the kiss. I'm rather confused after it to be honest because even if it was about victoria he clearly still wants Phyllis sexually and as a friend. Which begs the question when he feels that way he cant be fully committed to Victoria anytime soon. I was actually really digging the scenes forreal for the first time.

It does seem that a friendship might be the best to hope for at the moment but it is all rather ambiguous from my opinion at least. Thinking back I honestly dont know why I ever cared about them hurting Jack when I really dont even like him.
Obviously. lol

I won't see those scenes until probably Wednesday since I'm so behind about it, but I like that you liked the scenes since you aren't a shipper.
I think the main reason I love them (besides the obvious chemistry) lol is because they accept each other flaws and call each other out on it.

I think in the new magazine someone said Phyllis is the only person besides Chloe to accept Billy for how he is and not try to change him like Victoria does... I'm okay if Victoria tries to do that, but if you have to do that, probably it's not a smart idea to keep dating him over and over again.

Billy needs to be single though. He really shouldn't be with anyone....
The issue with Billy/Victoria right now is that you can have them date and it wouldn't be out of character for him to cheat on Victoria with Phyllis. Or even vice versa, so he sort of needs to be single.......

Well I guess since Jack didn't deserve to get cheated on again although he was a sorry husband to his wife who was sexually assaulted. Even helped Victor out of his jail sentence.

The Jack we see today should've been the Jack that returned after being stranded on the Island and finding out about what his wife went through, and then he wouldn't have gotten cheated on. Phyllis turned to Billy because he accepted, and listened to her and wanted to help her take down Victor at the expense of his relationship with Victoria... huge reason why they broke up. That's some loyalty.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I won't see those scenes until probably Wednesday since I'm so behind about it, but I like that you liked the scenes since you aren't a shipper.
I think the main reason I love them (besides the obvious chemistry) lol is because they accept each other flaws and call each other out on it.

I think in the new magazine someone said Phyllis is the only person besides Chloe to accept Billy for how he is and not try to change him like Victoria does... I'm okay if Victoria tries to do that, but if you have to do that, probably it's not a smart idea to keep dating him over and over again.
There's always been potential there for me to ship them because I acknowledge that the chemistry is amazing and Phyllis played by GT is really very likeable. It's just the major roadblock that was stopping me from shipping is that I dont like family cheating betrayal storylines (never have they annoy me even though I know it's a part of all SOAPs). The overall storyline also didn't do them any favours so if they can get that sorted I'm onboard for this relationship getting any sort of real chance even if it's just friends.

That's so true Chloe and Phyllis are the only women who've ever loved him and accepted all his flaws. I cant believe I'm gonna say this lol but Victoria needs to take a lesson from Chloe and realise just because she loves Billy has children with him that history and Billy just being Billy has shown that they just aren't meant to be.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I had to make the parallel gifset.

Quote:
There's always been potential there for me to ship them because I acknowledge that the chemistry is amazing and Phyllis played by GT is really very likeable. It's just the major roadblock that was stopping me from shipping is that I dont like family cheating betrayal storylines (never have they annoy me even though I know it's a part of all SOAPs). The overall storyline also didn't do them any favours so if they can get that sorted I'm onboard for this relationship getting any sort of real chance even if it's just friends.

That's so true Chloe and Phyllis are the only women who've ever loved him and accepted all his flaws. I cant believe I'm gonna say this lol but Victoria needs to take a lesson from Chloe and realise just because she loves Billy has children with him that history and Billy just being Billy has shown that they just aren't meant to be.
I agree with you about Phyllis. lol I feel Phyllis being portrayed by GT makes her so much more likable than when MS was portraying her. I just wasn't a fan of MS version at all. I like some of her scenes but never a fan.

I do agree with you that it's tough to ship those pairings that start from a family affair however, as I mentioned many times, I ship them because of the way it was built. It just wasn't an affair that happened out of the blue, Phyllis needed someone and Billy was there for her in a time when she didn't feel anyone was by her side. Jack was sorry, her daughter was a joke. And it's a huge reason why it was easy to like them. We even saw scenes when she opened up and cried to Billy. And that was before the affair.

Victoria taking Chloe advice. That would be something. lol

I don't trust in the writers to build them up because of their Villy love, however, just give me friendship! I just like any scene they share together.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

OMG love it! That's literally as close to perfection as any parallel could ever be as a genuine throwback to that first elevator kiss. Everything is 100% on point matching af.

Quote:
Gina and Jason really make it difficult for Philly fans.
New hair for Phyllis, same chemistry.

You're right they are teases. Look at GT's outfits that selfie is from when they filmed the new elevator kiss.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
OMG love it! That's literally as close to perfection as any parallel could ever be as a genuine throwback to that first elevator kiss. Everything is 100% on point matching af.

You're right they are teases. Look at GT's outfits that selfie is from when they filmed the new elevator kiss.
I know. Once I saw the gif of the kiss, I thought that someone maniped Phyllis hair color in it. Because of how similar it looked but then I watched the scene on Youtube from the official Y&R account.

Still haven't fully watched the episode yet though.

Well they have chemistry with Phyllis old hair and new hair. Guess they can't erase the chemistry, doesn't matter what they do.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Well they have chemistry with Phyllis old hair and new hair. Guess they can't erase the chemistry, doesn't matter what they do.
Maybe that was the plan, change the hair colour and test if Philly was still as hot but oops still just as on fire as the last time. The hair & outfits was the only change in those scenes done months apart. Elevator kisses are hot I blame Grey's Anatomy for making them a thing.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This was the official start of the Philly partnership alliance.

I actually was liking their alliance here because of my dislike of Jack for doing absolutely NOTHING against Victor.
So, I blame Jack for the whole Philly thing... well I thank him.

Him doing absolutely nothing is what made Phyllis and Billy team up.

Quote:
Maybe that was the plan, change the hair colour and test if Philly was still as hot but oops still just as on fire as the last time. The hair & outfits was the only change in those scenes done months apart. Elevator kisses are hot I blame Grey's Anatomy for making them a thing.
Yup, but even probably more chemistry. Sally probably was behind the scenes, shaking her head. lolol
For now though, give me friendship and just let Villy 8.0 get ruined again. lol
Old 02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

So the show is going there again with them?

What are the main offenses that Victor has done to Phyllis and Billy?
Old 02-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
So the show is going there again with them?

What are the main offenses that Victor has done to Phyllis and Billy?
I wouldn't say that, I would say at least now, the new head writers are actually writing in that they actually happen. And I credit that to the fans and critics of how poorly their relationship was handled just because a new head writer obsessed with the past came in...

So, they have been sharing scenes but at this moment, I don't think it's going there with them again. However, I appreciated that it was least established that Billy isn't over her, as he shouldn't be since we never saw him get over her in the first place. Same with Phyllis.

Victor Newman crimes is the main reason why Billy and Phyllis connected.
Billy and Victor has never gotten along. At first, it was because Billy and Jack (his enemy for years) were brothers.

Victor never approved of Victoria's (His daughter) and Billy's relationship, even had Billy put in jail for set up charges (I think). And he had his own daughter Victoria arrested at the altar for she wouldn't marry Billy.

Victoria got so upset with her father that she cut him out of her life, however, as Victoria always does, she forgave Victor but Billy.

In recent memory, Billy has just hated Victor really because of how he gets away with everything, and he was so filled with rage when he found out that Billy covered up all Adam crimes... so, basically he moved his hatred from Adam to Victor...
Billy unleashed Paragon on Newman Enterprises. To destroy their company... but man I can't even remember why. lolol It really slipped my brain.

For Phillis, it's because Victor orchestrated a plan in which her husband Jack was held hostage at an island, and replaced in Genoa City with a doppelganger and druglord Marco Annicelli. Phyllis never knew it was Marco. Even though she noticed things were different with him, she just didn't know what it was, and he slept with her many times. So, when she found out about it, she was so broken and shattered and embarrassed and just humiliated that she didn't noticed who her husband was.

Victor knew the whole time she was sleeping with a person who wasn't her husband. So, for Phyllis, she was sexually assaulted each night and didn't even know it, all because of Victor wanting to get at Jack.

Okay, so the best way to make this clear.
Billy = Hates Victor so much he is willing to ruin his relationship with Victoria over it because his hatred for him as grown stronger than his love for Victoria. He's tired of VIctor getting away with everything and will do ANYTHING to take him down.

Phillis = Hates Victor, and feels her life has been pure hell since she got out of the coma and of course she was sexually assuated. She's so tired of everyone kissing up to him and excusing every crime he's ever done, and she has finally had enough and seeked out for revenge.

Jack = Had enough of going at war against Victor Newman, and he's felt going at war has done nothing for him in the past, so he wants a peaceful closure and ending. Even helped Victor out of his jail sentence for his involvement with Marco just because he felt it'd be better closer....

So, Phyllis was drawn more towards Billy because he wasn't trying to change her and change her hate. He was out in revenge as much as she was, even though initially he didn't know why Phyllis hated Victor as much, but I guess it was great to have someone who agreed that Victor finally had to suffer for all his crimes. As time went on, Billy became her comfort as her husband Jack kept telling her she needs to move pass what happened and stop going for revenge. Billy on the other hand slammed Jack, and told Phyllis that he'll never try to change her and make her does what he wants her to do.

Basically, this was an affair where I didn't feel sad for Jack Abbot even 1.4%.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Do you think they'd have done Philly's affair if Burgess stayed playing Billy? Or would they have stayed platonic without the GT/JT chemistry.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Do you think they'd have done Philly's affair if Burgess stayed playing Billy? Or would they have stayed platonic without the GT/JT chemistry.
They would've still done the affair. Probably why I shipped them even then. lol Even in an interview with Tognoni, she said she missed him Burgess. Also, this confirms it a bit...
Quote:
Digest: Prior to Jason showing up on Y&R, Gina, did you know what was coming down the pike for Billy and Phyllis?
Tognoni: No, but when Burgess [Jenkins] was playing Billy, the last few months, the dialogue was a little flirty and Burgess and I joked about it off set and how crazy that would make Jack. When Jason walked in, I don’t remember anything official being said to us.
A lot of fans called that an affair would eventually happen.

Both of them were going in on Jack like every episode and their hatred for Jack is what kept bonded them. Before JT casting, there was them bonding behind Jack's back, bringing up paragon together, going behind Victoria's back. Both basically upset with Jack for doing absolutely nothing towards to Victor.

Phyllis trying to stop Billy from hitting rock bottom by drinking again.
And when Billy got ran over by the back of Noah's car (before recast) we see Phyllis speech in the hospital about

She was the only one to get through to Jill when Billy was in the hospital
Quote:
"We love him. We love him. And maybe we have not made all the right choices, and maybe we have blamed him too many times, but we love him and we know how much he loves Victoria and his children. And we know his heart. We know his heart and his struggles and how he has tried so hard, and we have -- we are here for him now. We are here for him now, and we will always be here for him, okay?"
And Phyllis made sure they did not pull the plug on Billy's life, when Victoria was going to because of Billy's wishes of not suffering through it. Phyllis wasn't having it, and said they will allow Billy the chance to wake up like she did from the coma.

Phyllis talking to Billy while in the coma.
Quote:
"So stubborn. People don't understand why we did what we did, but we understand, don't we? We went a little big, maybe too big, but... that's who we are. We shoot for the moon. And if we screw up, we own it and we come back and make it better. That's why I need you to come back, Billy. I need my friend."

So, it feels like the plan has always been for things to happen this way... their hatred towards Victor, and them being the only ones to understand how the other feel is what bonded them.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

All that put together it definitely seems as though the affair was always on the cards. But do you think it would have been anywhere near the same without the electric chemistry that Gina and Jason share.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
All that put together it definitely seems as though the affair was always on the cards. But do you think it would have been anywhere near the same without the electric chemistry that Gina and Jason share.
.................... Probably not as much but I feel it still would've been there because I remember at the time when we started seeing a lot more scenes of them, I was thinking, "Man it seems Burgess and GT has more chemistry than he does with AM."
Phyllis/Billy saved me from the Villy nonsense. ... so, I probably would've been for it even if he was portraying Billy because of how much of a fan I was becoming during that time.

However, thank goodness Burgess left because GT and JT has that rare chemistry. Y&R struck gold, and not using it right now. SMFH.
=
Reply   Post New Thread