Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

I miss the affairs that were felt throughout the shows. I miss the stories where people weren't so isolated and the stories affected a lot of people. The characters interacted, their were relationships and history was actually remember instead of rewritten. And then when there was a fall out it wasn't swept under the rug after a few scenes. There were some more processing and actual aftermath.

Sorry I'm just bitter and longing for when soaps were better and there were more of them.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if that daydream Phyllis had of Jack's reaction is a precursor for him reacting exactly that way of putting all the blame on Billy or if his reaction will be the complete opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
If anyone will give all the snarky comments, it will be the seize the opportunist Hilary, and of course Ashley.
Oh yeah you're totally right those two will be at the front of the line ready and waiting to dish out the snarky comments.

I know I DO NOT look forward to the holier-than-thou attitude that Summer is no doubt going to react with.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

From what we have seen with Jack, I sadly believe that Phyllis day dream is so on the money. He will find a way to blame Billy for everything not realizing that Phyllis isn't a saint as well. It just feels like Jack reaction will be predictable.

Summer... least favorite character (easily) in all the soaps right now. I seriously fast forward her scenes right now.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He will find a way to blame Billy for everything not realizing that Phyllis isn't a saint as well.

Summer... least favorite character (easily) in all the soaps right now. I seriously fast forward her scenes right now.
The irony being that Phyllis has already done this to Jack before so really you'd think he'd have already learnt but nope.

I agree Summer is the worst. Thankfully she's been dropped to recurring status so she probably wont be around much soon enough if that's anything like when Narissa was dropped to recurring. They really ruined Luca putting him with her.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Someone had an interesting tweet and I think it's exactly why I haven't felt bad for Jack. Usually during affairs, I feel sad for characters but I just don't feel bad for Jack at all during this....

I feel a bit sad for sort of not caring about Jack feelings...........
I guess I just feel that Jack has more feelings and emotion towards Hilary than he ever had for whatever Phyllis was going through, the main advice he gave her was "You are turning to this dark person and I don't like it!" lol
Also, I do remember Jack basically choose Kelly over Phyllis when he came out of a coma.....

Probably when the affair actually comes out, it will really hit me.....

Old 06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

There is saying I heard once that remind me of all I heard of Jack. "Some people create their own storm and then get upset when it rains!" He has driven people away and weaken a lot of relationships on his own. I'm not saying he deserves to get cheated on. But it kind of seems that the relationship was already over.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

So many Philly fanvids up on YT. Here's one of the latest new ones....

Old 06-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
There is saying I heard once that remind me of all I heard of Jack. "Some people create their own storm and then get upset when it rains!" He has driven people away and weaken a lot of relationships on his own. I'm not saying he deserves to get cheated on. But it kind of seems that the relationship was already over.
The reason why I feel bad for Jack is only because Victor Newman really ruined their relationship. What happened with Marco is something that they haven't been able to recover from.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The reason why I feel bad for Jack is only because Victor Newman really ruined their relationship. What happened with Marco is something that they haven't been able to recover from.
Yes this!! Victor as per usual set everything in motion with his disturbing thirst for revenge against people but especially his obsession with destroying Jack. Which is why I'm sure that Victor will be happy (in more ways than just Villy being done) about the Philly affair/relationship.

Phyllis and Jack both suffered in different ways because of the Marco ordeal that Victor orchestrated and it had a horrible affect on their relationship. They never properly recovered from what happened because they had such different reactions about how to handle it. Phyllis understandably couldn't let it go. While Jack was too eager to let it go because he didn't want to remember what he did/went through when he was captive/gone. I just feel bad for that entire debacle of a situation. I just hate Victor so much.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Yes this!! Victor as per usual set everything in motion with his disturbing thirst for revenge against people but especially his obsession with destroying Jack. Which is why I'm sure that Victor will be happy (in more ways than just Villy being done) about the Philly affair/relationship.

Phyllis and Jack both suffered in different ways because of the Marco ordeal that Victor orchestrated and it had a horrible affect on their relationship. They never properly recovered from what happened because they had such different reactions about how to handle it. Phyllis understandably couldn't let it go. While Jack was too eager to let it go because he didn't want to remember what he did/went through when he was captive/gone. I just feel bad for that entire debacle of a situation. I just hate Victor so much.
Yeah I know. It's just so sad.
If anything I probably would've liked for Phyllis and Jack's relationship to survive to prove that Victor didn't control everything to his advantage again however, I never was a fan of Phyllis/Jack's relationship.

I agree. They never moved on from it and I think the big difference was that Phyllis and Jack wasn't ever on the same side and Phyllis grew more towards Billy because he was the only one by her side, to go as far as revenge at the expense of his marriage with Victoria.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah I know. It's just so sad.
If anything I probably would've liked for Phyllis and Jack's relationship to survive to prove that Victor didn't control everything to his advantage again however, I never was a fan of Phyllis/Jack's relationship.
Honestly I don't give a damn about Phyllis/Jack as a couple either. But after reading this it suddenly struck me the realization that the thing blocking me from being able to get into Phyllis/Billy is that one small fact that it means Victor has won. He ruined Jack/Phyllis' marriage moments after they were married (because it was just after that Jack was taken and swapped with Marco ). Revenge brought down Phack/Villy and brought together Philly.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Honestly I don't give a damn about Phyllis/Jack as a couple either. But after reading this it suddenly struck me the realization that the thing blocking me from being able to get into Phyllis/Billy is that one small fact that it means Victor has won. He ruined Jack/Phyllis' marriage moments after they were married (because it was just after that Jack was taken and swapped with Marco ). Revenge brought down Phack/Villy and brought together Philly.

Your post had me laughing out loud.
I agree with you though.

Also I'm already sort of invested into Phyllis/Billy although they are so doomed.
It's true though, the fact that Victor will win is the worst thing about everything.
That's probably one of the reasons it's probably sad Billy/Victoria didn't work out, because it makes Victor looks right again... although they are far from over.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Also I'm already sort of invested into Phyllis/Billy although they are so doomed.
It's true though, the fact that Victor will win is the worst thing about everything.
That's probably one of the reasons it's probably sad Billy/Victoria didn't work out, because it makes Victor looks right again... although they are far from over.
I totally get what it's like to get invested even when the relationship is almost certainly doomed. They mess with your heart.

Your right that Billy/Victoria isn't ever completely over. This was shown by Billy getting all up in Travis' face. Like woah back off bud Travis hasn't done anything to you.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm okay with getting invested because I think at this point I won't ever get invested into a pairing as much as I did with Nem from GH. Well from Soaps anyway... nowadays, it's easy for me to sort of jump off a ship. lol

Nice that I've loved Philly this long though. I like the chemistry and the scenes and I went into the ship (before the affair) knowing it was doomed. So there's not much I'll probably get upset with. lol
Old 06-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Billy is a total laugh riot. He wanted Phyllis to leave Jack, then agrees to be her side piece but still gets all jealous and over involving himself in Victoria's love life. I'm starting to think that maybe his brain isn't functioning properly anymore since the accident at the start of the year.