Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Ughhh those pictures are so precious I love the little nose bop one.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm caught up just in time for Chabby to get married again. The wedding was sweet and funny. I loved Abby's daydream Monday, it was well done and Marci was great. But my overall take on the past month is that so far, Chabby are the weakest part of Ron's Days' reboot. He's doing really good with pretty much everyone else, while they just feel dull and superfluous. I hope things get better for them and they're written as less vanilla and shallow once they're married.

And as expected Ben is not for them. On one side i'm glad, but on the other,i feel like it just confirms Ron lack of real interest in Chabby. Something i already sensed in his writing. Maybe i'm reading too much into it.

Last edited by LaBelleVie; 10-04-2017 at 01:06 PM
Old 10-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Completely agree. It seems all Ron accomplished is making Chabby sort of boring. It's so upsetting. I wish they would have gotten more of a better storyline than being rushed back together.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ Completely agree. It seems all Ron accomplished is making Chabby sort of boring. It's so upsetting. I wish they would have gotten more of a better storyline than being rushed back together.
So you see it too? I thought it might be just me becaue i watched over a month worth of episodes in 48h while under the weather. I'm very disappointed with what Ron has done with them so far. It's cute but lacks subtance and energy. I also don't feel like he has a great handle (interest?) in them as individuals, especially Abby.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I think most Chabby fans, while loving sweet Chabby, feel they've kind of been robbed. Robbed of them having a real story about her mental illness and his reaction to it after her return. There was great set up with the whole Dario thing and being hit by the car, but everything since then has been peaches and cream. I think Marci and Billy are very believable as a couple, but the fact that she would just hand wave the way he acted is absurd to me. We got little insight into why Chad turned to Gabi. The fact that Abby acts like she still wants to be besties with Gabi is just silly. No woman would want to be around a woman who lusted after their man.

I think Ron just wanted to end the Chabi thing as quick as possible, and instead of giving us a good story, he thought he'd appease us by giving us all this love and sweetness. I mean yeah that's nice, but we sat through a year of horrid Dena writing, we could have waited for a reunion if it meant in some way addressing and repairing all that damage. Instead it was like we were just given a quick band-aid.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree that he wanted a quick band-aid. I'll wait until the end of the year to fully judge his intentions. It would be different if i didn't find the rest of the show genuinely good. It's weird to enjoy others more than my fave pairing lol.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleVie (View Post)
I agree that he wanted a quick band-aid. I'll wait until the end of the year to fully judge his intentions. It would be different if i didn't find the rest of the show genuinely good. It's weird to enjoy others more than my fave pairing lol.
Even Brady? I'm one of those people who mostly watch for certain couples/characters, but I do agree the whole show is definitely better than under Dena. It's still not overly exciting to me though. Especially the 20-30's group. Chabby/Gabi/Eli/JJ/Lani/Paulson/Will. Paulson/Will are heating up finally, but besides that literally nothing is happening with this group that's very interesting. Chabby need a story, and imo at least, the Gabi/Eli pairing and the JJ/lani pairing should be switched around, or maybe a Gabi/Eli/Lani triangle and bring someone new on for JJ.

Spoiler:
Old 10-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Brady is awful. But he is entertainingly awful I wish Chabby had gotten what Eric and Nicole are getting now. That's good angst, imo. Ron is using their individual fears and mistakes and is building their reunion in a nice pace. JJ/Lani/Eli/Gabi don't get much screentime, so it's easy for me to forget them. I like what is happening with JJ. I agree that the pairings should be switched, they might be down the line. Paulson/Will/Lucas are working for me.

Spoiler:
Old 10-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Completely agree. Slow great angsty build is the best direction when a pairing has went through as much as thee 2 went through. Not brush under the rug like it never happened build up.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:12 PM
New Fan

Well looks like Chabby have some big stories coming up in the months ahead. I agree they rushed them back together and it stunk. Now I'm looking forward to some angst and drama. Tyler Christopher's character (Stefan) is going to be a rival to Chad and be interested in Abigail. I'll always love Chabby but I am interested in seeing if Tyler and Marci have spark.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:23 AM
New Fan

clips

do you guys know where i can watch Chad/Abby clips from July 2017 onward?
Old 12-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShySport (View Post)
Well looks like Chabby have some big stories coming up in the months ahead. I agree they rushed them back together and it stunk. Now I'm looking forward to some angst and drama. Tyler Christopher's character (Stefan) is going to be a rival to Chad and be interested in Abigail. I'll always love Chabby but I am interested in seeing if Tyler and Marci have spark.
Something has to be done to save this pairing. It's just not working, on any level anymore, so i'm hoping whatever is planned with Tyler will do the trick.

Last edited by LaBelleVie; 12-29-2017 at 10:44 AM
Old 12-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Extreme Fan

These two are very good at acting and seeming like a real couple, the writing since Marci has taken over though has been awful. First an unneeded triangle that made them both look stupid, then a reunion that was rushed, leaving everything after that feel unearned. No matter how good the actors are they can't overcome atrocious writing. We needed to see them built back up, especially with a new actress in the role. Instead Dena writes Chad as more into Gabi then new Abby and Ron reunites them without addressing what was wrong in the first place.

Chabby 2.0 worked not only because of Kate and Billy, but because the story was set up so well when Billy came on. There was immediate tension and longing. Chad wanted to hate her for the EJ thing but couldn't, so he was fighting it, and she was torn between the "good guy" Ben and the bad Dimera. Soap gold. The contrast between that and what we got when Marci came back is pitiful, she was set up to fail. Why was she hiding? Why did they completely drop her mental issues? Why did Chad forgive her after two seconds and then proceed to pine for Gabi for months? He should have been angry, they should have stayed apart he should have been with Gabi and pining for Abby, yet too angry to forgive her. It was simple, but nope, Dena wanted Chad and Gabi, it was clear.

Maybe with Tyler coming in we can get something like that original triangle back, but I don't know. I do think Chabby are better when Chad is fighting for Abby, besides Billy's acting, Chad's single minded devotion to Abby was what made Chad so appealing. That veer with Gabi really hurt.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
These two are very good at acting and seeming like a real couple, the writing since Marci has taken over though has been awful. First an unneeded triangle that made them both look stupid, then a reunion that was rushed, leaving everything after that feel unearned. No matter how good the actors are they can't overcome atrocious writing.
I kinda disagree about Billy and Marci. I LOVE them, but i feel like they're partly to blame for this weird period. They sometimes WAY overdid it with the goofiness and giggling. Some of their scenes could have worked better (for me) if they played them with more gravita and/or sexier. We had tons of scenes of Chad seducing Abby and not a single one came off as sexy (to me), not because of their chemistry, i think have chemistry in spades, but because they chose to play everything like a bit fat of joke. Don't get me wrong, Dena tried to destroy Chabby and Ron did them a huge disservice with the rushed reunion. But the acting choices didn't help and made it hard for me to take Chabby seriously, when half the time it felt like i was just watching Billy and Marci trying to be cute, rather than Chad and Abby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
Maybe with Tyler coming in we can get something like that original triangle back, but I don't know. I do think Chabby are better when Chad is fighting for Abby, besides Billy's acting, Chad's single minded devotion to Abby was what made Chad so appealing. That veer with Gabi really hurt.
I'm hoping that with Tyler coming in, it's going to be like there finally is an adult in the room and not just silly kids running around lol. I agree that Chabby works best when Chad is fighting for Abby. And i'm happy they will finally have something to do. And hopefully with that type of writing again, Billy will tone down the constant hamming and Marci the giggling every three words. I sound like i'm bashing them, but i'm not. I know they're capable of great things, everything around Dario's exit proved that, but i want them to go back to playing Chad DiMera and Abigail Deveraux DiMera.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I kinda disagree about Billy and Marci. I LOVE them, but i feel like they're partly to blame for this weird period. They sometimes WAY overdid it with the goofiness and giggling. Some of their scenes could have worked better (for me) if they played them with more gravita and/or sexier. We had tons of scenes of Chad seducing Abby and not a single one came off as sexy (to me), not because of their chemistry, i think have chemistry in spades, but because they chose to play everything like a bit fat of joke. Don't get me wrong, Dena tried to destroy Chabby and Ron did them a huge disservice with the rushed reunion. But the acting choices didn't help and made it hard for me to take Chabby seriously, when half the time it felt like i was just watching Billy and Marci trying to be cute, rather than Chad and Abby.
I get that. I feel it's more Billy though, and she just follows him. At some point Billy has stopped playing Chad and started playing himself. He's the same way with people like Sonny and Will, kissing them and being goofy. In real life being lighthearted and fun with your spouse is how it should be, and even on a soap every now and then it's fun, but it is a soap, so some things should be played more intense. Even run of the mill love scenes. It's funny because Chabby 2.0 were the complete opposite, they never were happy and everything was intense. There should be a middle ground.

Quote:
I'm hoping that with Tyler coming in, it's going to be like there finally is an adult in the room and not just silly kids running around lol. I agree that Chabby works best when Chad is fighting for Abby. And i'm happy they will finally have something to do. And hopefully with that type of writing again, Billy will tone down the constant hamming and Marci the giggling every three words. I sound like i'm bashing them, but i'm not. I know they're capable of great things, everything around Dario's exit proved that, but i want them to go back to playing Chad DiMera and Abigail Deveraux DiMera.
No, you don't sound like your bashing, you just want the best for your couple, like we all do. I'd love Marci to have more scenes with her family, we rarely get that, she's been kind of isolated with the Dimera's. Then they bring in another one! They've made it sound like the story really amps up, so hopefully we'll all be satisfied with what's ahead.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread