Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2016, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Same it feels like we've waited a lifetime to have them properly together in a scene.

Yes I agree it should've been something much earlier that we have less of a recent memory of to compare it to.

I saw a picture of them sitting together on a bench somewhere snuggled up so I think we'll see some more flashbacks possibly this week or next.
I think using something from the first run would be a better idea if they are going recreate flashbacks.

Chabby 2.0 are when they became a Supercouple by todays standards.

Nobody remembers the other stuff.

Chabby 3.0 won't have as much to compete with & it makes the flashbacks more like new scenes in general.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I think using something from the first run would be a better idea if they are going recreate flashbacks.

Chabby 2.0 are when they became a Supercouple by todays standards.

Nobody remembers the other stuff.

Chabby 3.0 won't have as much to compete with & it makes the flashbacks more like new scenes in general.
I completely agree. Recreating scenes from Chabby 1.0 has more room to change it up now that it's two actors completely separate from that run of the pairing. Or they could just do flashbacks from Chabby 2.0 but it be scenes that we never got to see.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is my Chabby.

Before the SK SL writers. The buildup to making love in the Garden Era.

I was obsessed watching Chabby 2.0 on YT edits.

The writers the last year I didn't like the writing much at all.

The SL just was so depressing. Why did they change writers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyMD895inY

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-07-2016 at 04:30 AM
Old 12-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
JnJ my Soap OTP!

Did you see where I'm uploading their love story?

I love Abby too & hate how stupid they are writing all this.

I'm more EJabby than a Chabby shipper though to be honest.
I've watched some of your uploads,thank you! Love JnJ always

I think by January Abby should be out of hiding and hopefully Abby is written better.

I liked EJabby, but after about three months it was pretty clear that is was mostly written as EJami angst. I do think some of the later stuff that aired that summer was the writers responding to people enjoying EJabby, but by then it didn't matter because James was leaving anyway. Also a big portion of people responded I think mostly because of the sex scenes, which imo were some of the most graphic sexual scenes Days has ever aired. People like that stuff

Quote:
Oh well thank you, I've enjoyed them too and I understand what you mean about avoiding drama (ironic, I know), I try to do the same thing. I don't see how my liking or not liking a ship/character has anything personal to do with anyone else and vice versa.

I promise no matter how much I may not agree with you I will always strive to do it as respectfully as possible and I won't ever try to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong. Although I do hope that by reading your thoughts and feelings that they open me to a new way of looking at that character.

PS:I will always ship Sami & Lucas because they were my first Days couple that I fell for so I get you.
Your welcome. I appreciate being able to talk and not want to pull my hair out . Twitter is awful with the back and forth nastiness people do. I also will always respect your opinions and your right to have them. I mean heck if we all had the same opinion the world would be kind of boring.

Ahh a Lumi! I actually don't ship Sami with anyone, but I agree that Lucas should have been her endgame. Maybe he still will be? I've actually met Bryan Dattilo btw, it was right after Alison had her daughter I think, whatever year that was. Talkative guy!

Quote:
I'm too biased to Chabby 2.0 & Kate as my Abby.
See we all have biases! I love Kate, but I really liked Ashley Benson and the little first dark haired Abby (Megan something?) as well. Marci reminds me a bit more of the Ashley version, and it's not just the lighter hair, her whole vibe is more still, I'm not sure if that explains it but there ya go I like her so far, it's just different like always. I remember when Kate first aired people complained forever about her looks and the fact that Abby was a Daniel cheerleader. She didn't really become super popular until EJabby in January 2014, which is a shame, but her stories were mostly B and C level up until that point and she was thrust frontburner.

Quote:
The writers the last year I didn't like the writing much at all.

The SL just was so depressing. Why did they change writers?
I think they replaced them because of that, the whole show was depressing, there was no light at all. Murders, rapes, crying, it was awful. I enjoyed Chabby 2.0 from when Billy first started in September 2014 up until mid August 2015, then it started to go down hill for me. Ben was made the serial killer, Chabby barely shared scenes while she was having sex montages with Ben. She was isolated with Ben in a cabin for over a month and they didn't even have Chad show up to deliver the baby, I mean that's supercouple writing 101, the hero shows up to deliver the baby! Yet Abby had a gun to her head and Ben. After Ben left Abby was depressed and jittery from then on, even at the wedding they got no peace because then she started imagining Ben. Then he really showed up, she burned him and then went to the nut house. Chabby got no happy times. He's already had more happy with Gabi than the last 10 months with Abby, and that sucks.

Last edited by MaybeSomeday; 12-07-2016 at 04:53 PM
Old 12-07-2016, 07:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I think they replaced them because of that, the whole show was depressing, there was no light at all. Murders, rapes, crying, it was awful. I enjoyed Chabby 2.0 from when Billy first started in September 2014 up until mid August 2015, then it started to go down hill for me. Ben was made the serial killer, Chabby barely shared scenes while she was having sex montages with Ben. She was isolated with Ben in a cabin for over a month and they didn't even have Chad show up to deliver the baby, I mean that's supercouple writing 101, the hero shows up to deliver the baby! Yet Abby had a gun to her head and Ben. After Ben left Abby was depressed and jittery from then on, even at the wedding they got no peace because then she started imagining Ben. Then he really showed up, she burned him and then went to the nut house. Chabby got no happy times. He's already had more happy with Gabi than the last 10 months with Abby, and that sucks.
Holy crap. I was pretty much in and out for the past few years so I knew I missed a lot, but damn, that's some heavy, depressing stuff.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

How old is Thomas now?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
How old is Thomas now?
He just turned one on-screen last week or the week before.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love this song. This was made June 2015. It's Chad's POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT0wqAmeu8c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
I've watched some of your uploads,thank you! Love JnJ always

I think by January Abby should be out of hiding and hopefully Abby is written better.

I liked EJabby, but after about three months it was pretty clear that is was mostly written as EJami angst. I do think some of the later stuff that aired that summer was the writers responding to people enjoying EJabby, but by then it didn't matter because James was leaving anyway. Also a big portion of people responded I think mostly because of the sex scenes, which imo were some of the most graphic sexual scenes Days has ever aired. People like that stuff

Your welcome. I appreciate being able to talk and not want to pull my hair out . Twitter is awful with the back and forth nastiness people do. I also will always respect your opinions and your right to have them. I mean heck if we all had the same opinion the world would be kind of boring.

Ahh a Lumi! I actually don't ship Sami with anyone, but I agree that Lucas should have been her endgame. Maybe he still will be? I've actually met Bryan Dattilo btw, it was right after Alison had her daughter I think, whatever year that was. Talkative guy!

See we all have biases! I love Kate, but I really liked Ashley Benson and the little first dark haired Abby (Megan something?) as well. Marci reminds me a bit more of the Ashley version, and it's not just the lighter hair, her whole vibe is more still, I'm not sure if that explains it but there ya go I like her so far, it's just different like always. I remember when Kate first aired people complained forever about her looks and the fact that Abby was a Daniel cheerleader. She didn't really become super popular until EJabby in January 2014, which is a shame, but her stories were mostly B and C level up until that point and she was thrust frontburner.

I'm glad you have enjoyed my JnJ edits.

I meant why did they change writers in the first place?

I'm sure the too depressing is why they switched again.

Days did use Abby as a prop for Dannifer. It was one of the reasons I didn't like her as well until I saw the Chabby 2.0 YT edits. It sucks they did this b/c it was a huge turn off to the majority of fans.

There was some good stuff for EJabby during the preg. scare too. Maybe that was responding to the good feedback as well. I thought throughout the whole thing EJabby were written well based on today's standards.

Then after they get the results that Abby isn't pregnant the Dr. called Stefano.

What was with that? I assume they already knew James was leaving by then.

Yeah I admit I love the EJabby love scenes. Especially the diff. versions in the flashbacks. I read a lot about fans wanting them to be the new JnJ though.

So fans saw SL potential too.

I have a kink for the bad man falling for the good woman being inspired to be a better man.

Both Spike/Buffy & JnJ are all about that. Those are my OTP's.

I wanted that with EJabby too. I think that & the fact that I stopped being excited about Chabby when the new writers took over & the show was just depressing.

That's part of why in the end I became more an EJabby shipper than Chabby.

I watch the vids made during the buildup to making love in the Garden Era & feel such excitement.

I downloaded all of those.

Last night I watched some Chabby vids & really realized how much Chabby 2.0 got ruined for me with the last year of writing even though Chabby were a couple.

It really sucks.

Sadly Supercouple writing doesn't exist anymore.

There would be no room for interpretation with couples.

Days made it clear when Frankie came back in 1991 that JnJ were It for each other.

The writers haven't written anything like that since JnJ. They were the last actual Days Supercouple. No new couple after were so popular they were known outside of Soaps. I love their love song only heard on the show went to the top of the charts.

The Supercouple Era is over.

They are always leaving something open somehow with other couples for their dumb triangles.

It's also why I see EJabby able to be seen as unresolved.

To me that's best you can get writing wise on Soaps now.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-08-2016 at 03:52 AM
Old 12-08-2016, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

Loving the new fanvids.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow to those videos. I like the story better in the fanvideos than I do watching it in the episodes.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:42 AM
New Fan

Friday's episode was the first time since Abby has been backed that I've enjoyed her scenes, and they were with Dario, go figure. She had a nice, feisty pep in her step.

I still don't see anything between her & Chad in those recreated flashbacks, though.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Holy crap. I was pretty much in and out for the past few years so I knew I missed a lot, but damn, that's some heavy, depressing stuff.
You have no idea. It was really dark, and not just for Chabby, but imo they had it the worst. Bo was tortured. Aiden tried to kill Hope. Will was strangled and barely fought back! Ciara was raped on the Horton couch. Joey strangled Ava. Hope shot Stefano. No romance to be found anywhere.

Quote:
I meant why did they change writers in the first place?
They've changed writers like 3 times in the last year and a half. They do it because the ratings start tanking. When the new ones started in August 2015 the ratings went up, as Bo and Steve and everyone returned, they stayed up during the serial killer imo out of morbid curiosity due to killing Will, but around January this year the ratings started to sink, so they switched writers. These writers gave us Ciara's rape, Joey murdering Ava and Abby going out of her mind, the ratings stayed down, so we got new ones in September, the ratings stayed the same but have slowly seen increases the last three weeks or so.

Quote:
Friday's episode was the first time since Abby has been backed that I've enjoyed her scenes, and they were with Dario, go figure. She had a nice, feisty pep in her step.
jemm if you like Abby like this I'm surprised you don't like Chabby. A lot of people dislike Abby because she's always bitching to Chad , she did this with both versions, and it reminded me of her yesterday with Dario. I guess it turned Chad on? Obviously he's over the weepy version. Interesting their gonna have a love square with the Hernandez siblings. I hope Abby/Gabi can maintain their friendship. I loved when Gabi went to Abby about her sex problems with Will, and when Gabi was the first person Abby told that she lost her virginity to Chad. Such good normal scenes I thought.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
You have no idea. It was really dark, and not just for Chabby, but imo they had it the worst. Bo was tortured. Aiden tried to kill Hope. Will was strangled and barely fought back! Ciara was raped on the Horton couch. Joey strangled Ava. Hope shot Stefano. No romance to be found anywhere.

They've changed writers like 3 times in the last year and a half. They do it because the ratings start tanking. When the new ones started in August 2015 the ratings went up, as Bo and Steve and everyone returned, they stayed up during the serial killer imo out of morbid curiosity due to killing Will, but around January this year the ratings started to sink, so they switched writers. These writers gave us Ciara's rape, Joey murdering Ava and Abby going out of her mind, the ratings stayed down, so we got new ones in September, the ratings stayed the same but have slowly seen increases the last three weeks or so.

jemm if you like Abby like this I'm surprised you don't like Chabby. A lot of people dislike Abby because she's always bitching to Chad , she did this with both versions, and it reminded me of her yesterday with Dario. I guess it turned Chad on? Obviously he's over the weepy version. Interesting their gonna have a love square with the Hernandez siblings. I hope Abby/Gabi can maintain their friendship. I loved when Gabi went to Abby about her sex problems with Will, and when Gabi was the first person Abby told that she lost her virginity to Chad. Such good normal scenes I thought.
I still can't believe they killed off Will, I mean I know it was pretty obvious by that point the recast wasn't working, but did they really have to kill him off? It didn't help that they all but destroyed his character up until Sonny left and then miraculously he did a complete 180 just so viewers would mourn his death instead of being glad he was gone.

As far as Chabby goes, I really only watched off and on during their run and when I did catch them they were usually on the outs. Not to mention I had a knack for tuning in when they had Abby at her angstiest and she seemed to be every where & in every storyline.

It's not that I mind angst because I don't, but a little goes a long way, you know?
Old 12-11-2016, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

It was so odd the way original Chabby got the DiMera bad boy/Deveraux good girl beginning but then they randomly fizzled out halfway through then brought back trying to pass it as Chad being desperate to win Abby back right before Casey left. I can only assume the intent always was for the Chad recast to happen and go full steam ahead with making over Chad/Abby as a "meant to be" couple.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think bringing back Chabby had to do with EJabby looking back.

There is a part of me that wishes they had Abby lose her memory & it would be a lot easier to understand her still hiding. They are doing the recreating flashbacks anyway.

I didn't think Casey seemed like a bad boy type as Chad.

The role was completely diff. with Billy as Chad. He reminded me in some ways of early Jack with his sarcasm. for one thing.

I really should reupload the 2 Chad vids from Chabbylovers b/c you can see such a diff. in how the writers wrote him after the SK writers took over.

Chad still has no sense of humor with the writers now.

The brain tumor thing was idiotic.

I get what the show was trying to do basically give a reason for EJ to get involved to blackmail Chad ect.

I think how stupid that plan was proves just how much Chad wasn't a bad boy. I wish I could see when Abby found out about that other than this. EJabby YT only had EJ finding out about it & when Abby figures out he helped Chad.

I can't get this to embed but it's about that SL.

Chabby 1.0 Incomplete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-6d7CTmx9k

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-11-2016 at 06:30 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread