Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-12-2016, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh exciting!
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what I would want to change besides maybe changing the picture to have show a character from each soap instead of all from the same soap?!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

You can always just change that. It makes sense to me to include a few Soaps in the header. But if you want to keep the purple shades we can do that . There are some nice colour schemes on this site if you want to take a look around. I have linked to a few different purple ones, but play around and see what else is there. You may prefer a different shade or find a completely different colour scheme you like . This one looks quite similar to what you have now so you may want to start there and look at other colour schemes with those colours in it. If you click the coloured squares beside the images it will show you all the colour schemes with that colour in it.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for those links I will check them out.

What does everyone else want to be changed on here?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

I believe the four remaining US soaps are Young & the Restless, Bold & the Beautiful, Days of our Lives, and General Hospital.

Perhaps we could update the characters in the top? Since half the soaps characters now are either from soaps that have been canceled or the character has left the soap. Perhaps a character from each current soap picked by the posters?

I do like the purple, but perhaps a different shade?
Old 01-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

So one (or maybe even two ) characters from each of those four shows?
That would work fine, I guess

The colour scheme Rae posted looks nice.. If you want a slight change, maybe go for the lighter shades of those colours?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the third one from the last link Rae posted of the purples..

And yeah characters from the soaps that are still currently on air, totally works with me.

Who would everyone like to see from each soap?
I only watch Days so other will people will have to help decide characters from the other soaps.

For Days, I would probably vote for Chad (Billy Flynn), and Nicole (Ari Zucker). I would pick Abby but she's leaving this year so that's a bummer.
What do you guys think?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I only watch Days and GH, so I do like the idea of Chad from Days. Maybe Sam from GH?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She is popular on GH we all know about her.

Now just someone from Y&R and B&B
Old 01-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Do you have any pictures for the characters? It is probably best to stick to one or two characters from each show. Maybe two from the more popular ones and one from the others if there is more interest in some soaps?

If you are struggling to pick characters maybe look at what threads you have for the characters and which are the popular ones?
Old 01-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can find and post a couple good pics of the character I choose and then I'll look at some for the other soaps as well..

or

I would also suggest Nicole from Days as well to be on the banner

And I'll try and figure out what characters from the other soaps as well and post them on here
Old 01-18-2016, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Please post links to the images instead of posting them in the thread . Also the picture of Nicole and the second picture of Chad are not usable as they are cut off at the top.

Does there happen to be any HQ pictures of any of the characters?

Young & the Restless
You have a couple of threads for characters and couples from this show. Do any seem to be popular on here to you?

Bold & the Beautiful
Eric Forrester and Brooke Logan are the characters who have been in the show the longest so perhaps they would be best? There are no threads in the board guide for either that I can see though if that makes a difference. Wyatt Fuller seems to be the most popular character based on the threads as his thread and the couple thread for him and Hope appear popular. So maybe one of those three options for this show?

Days of our Lives
Chad DiMera
Possibly Nicole Walker

General Hospital
Sam McCall
Old 01-18-2016, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Please post links to the images instead of posting them in the thread . Also the picture of Nicole and the second picture of Chad are not usable as they are cut off at the top.

Does there happen to be any HQ pictures of any of the characters?

Young & the Restless
You have a couple of threads for characters and couples from this show. Do any seem to be popular on here to you?
Adam Newman played by Justin Hartley is who i'd reccommend.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I looked quickly I couldn't find good pics of them as their character

Okay do you have a good pic to be used for Adam Newman?
Reply   Post New Thread