Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Billy&Mac #1: "It's you and me together forever" ~We Will Never Forget Them

There's no place like....de-nile [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So let's talk about the fantastic couple and the great characters Mackenzie Browning and Billy Abbott were.
Ashley Bashioum(Mac) is returning this month but sadly(well,not for him),David Tom(Billy) is now part of the OLTL cast as Paul Cramer.

We all know how badly things ended for them,discovering the day of their wedding they were in fact cousins.But for several reasons(the original Billy&Mac being replaced at that time,and the fact it's a soap so anything could happen anytime...),we can't forget the chemistry of DT&AB,the Romeo&Juliet kind of love story,how they hated each other at first but once they had allowed themselves to open up to one another,they had fallen for each other.

I'll confess that I couldn't believe a soap couple could ever be *that* fantastic,but Billy&Mac really changed my mind about that.I definitely think they were as good as Pacey&Joey(DC).

So let's share our memories of this incredible couple, what we loved the most about them and why we will never be able to forget them.

Their songs:

-Take me home by Donna Lewis
-Closer by The Corrs
-Swear It Again by Westlife

B/M links:

Billy&Mac_YR
CCDSlideshows Extreme
Mac&Billy Forever In Love
Ashley Bashioum Online
David Tom Online
A few clips...
Ashley land
Billy Loves Mac Online
Billy&Mac's corner
Billy&Mac Forever
Teen dreams
Ashley Fans Online

Last edited by SpySyd; 06-30-2004 at 11:50 PM
Old 03-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Great! Yay! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

A B&M thread! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

I love these two. How great are they?

SS: Wow, you worked hard on that opening Intro post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Good job!

Let's spread the [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

You said you guys were 4 yrs behind in Y&R? Or did I read that wrong on the other thread?

See, I wouldn't mind, cuz then I could actually make a B&M edit tape [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 03-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh, the memories I have of Billy and Mac ~ just awesome moments between this two. I love them. Especially AB and DT. They had amazing chemistry. I was actually looking through old tapes and I came across the Prom. I am so happy! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks so much for starting this thread.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 03-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
SS: Wow, you worked hard on that opening Intro post Good job!
Thanks!

Quote:
You said you guys were 4 yrs behind in Y&R? Or did I read that wrong on the other thread?
I am 4yrs behind,which can be good since I get to tape the B/M scenes but I wish I could see Ashley/Mac's return this month [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Plus,I'm so not patient...I want B/M everyday [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My three fav B/M moments have to be the whole Billy in the hospital/Mac waking him up/and Billy kissing Mac storyline,then the 2000 Prom,which is fabulous(*that* dance [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and the Elevator reunion.David and Ashley did a fantastic job in that scene.

I also love at the beginning when they can't stand each other but they slowly start to develop a friendship which will end up with them finding out they have feelings.And then,they can't but fight all the time coz that's the only safe way they found to express their passion.That might sound weird,but I *love* when they fight and yell at each other,coz there are sparks all over the place,it's like real fireworks,LOL.

Oh,I have a question for you guys:when did you get *hooked* to these two?By their first meeting?Their first kiss?Later?

I remember thinking for the first time something was up with them in late summer of '99,a few weeks after they'd met.Billy was supposed to go back to NY this day,he was hanging out by the Chancellor pool with Raul and Mac passed by just to tell Billy goodbye.It was the firt time they were actually friendly with each other.Raul even made Billy say Mac was cool,after all.Before that I was rooting for Raul&Mac but this moment totally changed my mind [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited SpySyd ]
Old 03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpySyd:
<STRONG>
I am 4yrs behind,which can be good since I get to tape the B/M scenes but I wish I could see Ashley/Mac's return this month [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Plus,I'm so not patient...I want B/M everyday [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

My three fav B/M moments have to be the whole Billy in the hospital/Mac waking him up/and Billy kissing Mac storyline,then the 2000 Prom,which is fabulous(*that* dance [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and the Elevator reunion.David and Ashley did a fantastic job in that scene.

I also love at the beginning when they can't stand each other but they slowly start to develop a friendship which will end up with them finding out they have feelings.And then,they can't but fight all the time coz that's the only safe way they found to express their passion.That might sound weird,but I *love* when they fight and yell at each other,coz there are sparks all over the place,it's like real fireworks,LOL.

Oh,I have a question for you guys:when did you get *hooked* to these two?By their first meeting?Their first kiss?Later?

I remember thinking for the first time something was up with them in late summer of '99,a few weeks after they'd met.Billy was supposed to go back to NY this day,he was hanging out by the Chancellor pool with Raul and Mac passed by just to tell Billy goodbye.It was the firt time they were actually friendly with each other.Raul even made Billy say Mac was cool,after all.Before that I was rooting for Raul&Mac but this moment totally changed my mind [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited SpySyd ]</STRONG>
Hey... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Wondering if you know how to make copies of VHS? [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Cuz once you get them, I 'definitely' need a copy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] these two.

I think I shipped them before they even knew there could be a ship! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I really [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Mac and then suddenly they bring out 'Billy' for a storyline. When I first saw Billy, kind of irritating a bratty sometimes, I thought...yeah! hehe. Mac could definitely teach this guy a lesson or two! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Since the beginning I saw potential. Both were great performers and they definitely had sparkage...the first time they met was a good example. I remember it well. It was brief, but Mac was coming down the stairs and Billy was just leaving - in a rush I think - and was really rude. She just had this look [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Like, 'what a jerk!' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Yeah, [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]d them forever!

I think the moments you mentioned are my favs too. I even have that waking up moment (fuzzy though it may be [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ). It was one of my favorite moments for AB. She made me feel like she meant the words [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

And any B&M shipper *has* to name the prom as one of the best moments [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] duh! :dunce:

Well this is all for now ! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hey... Wondering if you know how to make copies of VHS? Cuz once you get them, I 'definitely' need a copy!
Actually,I don't know...but that doesn't really matter since we haven't the same system here than in North America...European tapes won't work in american recorders...sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I'm trying to find a way to load my tapes on my computer so that I could make some B/M music vids.

Quote:
When I first saw Billy, kind of irritating a bratty sometimes
LOL,I couldn't *stand* him at first.Really,I hated that spoiled brat(just like Mac [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) but I really fell for him when he tried to defend Mac from his mom.That was maybe the first time in his life he had thought about someone else than himself.Mac really changed him,or maybe he just needed someone like her to realize how much of a spoiled brat he was,lol.

Quote:
.the first time they met was a good example. I remember it well. It was brief, but Mac was coming down the stairs and Billy was just leaving - in a rush I think - and was really rude. She just had this look Like, 'what a jerk!'
Awww I missed their first encounter,but I saw a clip in a music vid.I also missed *the* handshake,where Billy takes Mac's hand in both of his hands.I wish I had seen that! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I remember Mac in the shelter with Kay,but I wasn't really interested in that storyline...but the minute she met Jill at the Chancellor Estate,I thought things were getting interesting [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] After that,Mac definitely became my fav character.She(with Billy) is the reason I started to really pay attention to the show.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

YAY!! We finally have a Billy and Mac thread!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i love this couple. They were one of the main reasons why i watched Young and The Restless.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

OMG,I've just seen the handshake today [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was SO sure I had missed it and I wasn't expecting any B/M scene today...Man,David and Ashley were so good.

ETA:Welcome to the thread MiSS-LiNNy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2004: Message edited SpySyd ]
Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
Awww I missed their first encounter,but I saw a clip in a music vid.I also missed *the* handshake,where Billy takes Mac's hand in both of his hands.I wish I had seen that! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I remember Mac in the shelter with Kay,but I wasn't really interested in that storyline...but the minute she met Jill at the Chancellor Estate,I thought things were getting interesting [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] After that,Mac definitely became my fav character.She(with Billy) is the reason I started to really pay attention to the show.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] not fair. there should be a soap channel that just airs old eppies - kind of like what they are doing for the now off-the-air AW. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Cuz sometimes people can't be glued to the tube all day [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

On the idea that Mac changed him, I think that is true...sort of. I mean I don't think he was a horrible horrible brat. I think once he hooked up with Raul, he kind of toned it down and came to accept the idea that living GC could have its benefits once he found some friends. I think he had a great relationship with Raul. I think they were great and fun. I especially [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] when they sang at the Coffeehouse. Great voices. Wished they had done it more... [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

But I do think that Mac pointed it out more bluntly than Raul and because of her disdain for him, of course he went in the opposite direction, but then realized that he needed to grow up and act a little more mature; that the whole world did not revolve around him and his needs. Which was very interesting to watch.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] not fair. there should be a soap channel that just airs old eppies - kind of like what they are doing for the now off-the-air AW. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] If you want me to shut up,I'll do that,it's just I'm kinda excited about B/M these days [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Plus,if that makes you feel better,here,they tend to skip one or two shows sometimes(don't know why,maybe to catch up faster with the US?No idea...) so I'm not even 100% sure I'll get to see defining B/M moments like at the hospital or their first kiss... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well...

Quote:
I think once he hooked up with Raul, he kind of toned it down and came to accept the idea that living GC could have its benefits once he found some friends.
True...but I do think if he hadn't spent some time with Raul or Mac,he could have become a complete ass...

Quote:
I especially when they sang at the Coffeehouse. Great voices. Wished they had done it more...
I LOVED that scene...I can't stop listening to that song ever since...DT must have a great voice,I also wish we would have seen more of that.Like Billy singing to Mac... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
But I do think that Mac pointed it out more bluntly than Raul and because of her disdain for him, of course he went in the opposite direction, but then realized that he needed to grow up and act a little more mature; that the whole world did not revolve around him and his needs. Which was very interesting to watch.
Exactly and that may be what made him fall in love with her coz she was the first person in his life to be completely honest with him.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Oh the analysis continues [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Don't worry about talking about how excited you are... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I just like to whine [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I just wish we could get those eppies again. Maybe one day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Well,you'll get to see Ashley back on the show in a few weeks!I wish I could see that [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Well,you'll get to see Ashley back on the show in a few weeks!I wish I could see that [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
but i'm dreading what they will do to her [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] i mean she's bound to get paired up with someone [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Well,I'm kinda hoping it will be with JT...

*ready to get all the JT/Colleen fans on my back*

I mean,Danny Jr will only be 16 and I thought Thad(JT) and Ashley had a good chemistry back then.

Though,I know that whoever they'll pair Mac with,it won't be nearly as good as when she was with Billy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Well,I'm kinda hoping it will be with JT...

*ready to get all the JT/Colleen fans on my back*

I mean,Danny Jr will only be 16 and I thought Thad(JT) and Ashley had a good chemistry back then.

Though,I know that whoever they'll pair Mac with,it won't be nearly as good as when she was with Billy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo [img]smilies/spit.gif[/img] i hate jt/mac pairing [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

although i like them as friends, could never see them 'together... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

but i wouldn't mind the jt/coll breakupage [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] they are so [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread