Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuyTo33Q5vo

After seeing this for the first time, Edmund and Maria's third wedding ceremony is one of my favorite soap weddings now. Even though it's very simple (and a part of me wishes more people were there. Especially Mateo, Julia, and Hayley) it's nice.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Patrick's and Robin's
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Kat and Alfie - Eastenders
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Nik and Emily's fairytale one
Old 09-16-2020, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

All My Children

Nina and Cliff's 3rd Wedding
Erica and Travis
Edmund and Maria's 2nd Wedding
Noah and Julia
Adam and Gloria
Palmer and Natalie
Nina and Cliff's 1st Wedding

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Larkin Malloy. Oh how I loved Sky and Raven.

How many weddings did Edmund and Maria have? I only remember the one that was sort of the rip off of the Nina/Cliff one with the horse carriage.

I actually ran across a YT clip of Stuart and Marian's Valentine wedding not that long ago and thought was nice.

Natalie was one of my all time AMC favorites! I adore Kate Collins. I wish I could find the episodes where Palmer was blackmailing her over the Silver death... I think he kept the body in the Cortlandt pond. It was before I was born, so I've only read about it. Though I did see the Silver murder on YT.

What did you think of the rape story? I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand it was an exciting story, especially gut wrenching when Julie confronted Ross that she saw him raping Natalie. On the other I don't really like the idea of vixens being raped as a way to "redeem" them, and it ruined any potential Ross/Natalie future pairing, who before that I thought had a lot of chemistry.

The Cinderella aspect of the Noah and Julia wedding was a bit hokey for me and obvious plug that ABC had been just bought by Disney that year, but the vows were good.

I also gotta give a shout out to another one of my favorite AMC weddings, where Nico and Cecily got married in Hawaii in the the middle of an exploding volcano

Last edited by tslpsh; 09-16-2020 at 09:18 AM
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Edmund and Maria had three weddings. Their first one in 94', renewing their vows in 95', then their wedding in 2003 when she got her memory back. All three are on Youtube. I did like Stuart and Marian's wedding too, even though Noah and Julia's wedding will always be my favorite soap wedding of all time. The Cinderella theme was mainly that they were a Cinderella story after they were literally put through HELL all the time and came out of it on top. Especially after Taylor lied and set Noah up for a murder he didn't commit, then finally got their freedom and lives back. Speaking of which, Noah and Julia had a wedding before the Cinderella wedding but it got interrupted by Derek jumping at the chance to arrest Noah again cause Taylor lied about him killing Louie but besides that horrible ending, that was a nice wedding as well and I thought Noah's vows were better there than in the Cinderella wedding, but the latter will always be one of the best soap weddings of all time. Just beautiful and so well deserved.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok I think I am starting to remember now, was the 2nd wedding after the whole plot of Edmund faking his death? I was not much of a fan of the Santos family so I haven't gone back and rewatched those shows.

I liked the original Taylor, though they seemed to keep changing her personality. First she was the snooty society girl, then suddenly she was a cop ( That never made sense to me other than soaps seem to think all black people are either cops or lawyers for some reason) then they just made her the heavy for the Noah and Julia plot.

Noah and Julia had good writing in the beginning but by the time they got together, I didn't really like them anymore. (Plus I never cared much for Sydney Penny as an actress)
I especially did not like how they handled the whole Jamaica situation. I seem to remember they faked their deaths and made their families grieve just so Noah didn't have to stand on trial for murder (which he could have just said it was defense). A year or two before Adam faked a kidnapping and they acted like he was the devil for making his family go through that yet Noah and Julia do the same thing and are suppose to be sympathetic. I could be wrong on some details, as I haven't seen that stuff in awhile but that's how I remember it.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Larkin Malloy. Oh how I loved Sky and Raven.
I LOVED Larkin Malloy. What a beautiful man. Physically, he was perfect for Erica. They looked like the PERFECT couple. Like prom king and queen. I hate what they did to his character. They made him such a dodo bird. Sky and Raven...as in Skye Chandler???

Quote:
How many weddings did Edmund and Maria have? I only remember the one that was sort of the rip off of the Nina/Cliff one with the horse carriage.
Edmund and Maria had three weddings, but technically never got divorced (if memory serves me correctly). This second wedding was actually a renewal of their vows. They were separated, but not divorced. Their third wedding was again, more a renewal of their vows when Maria remembered who she was after "coming back from the dead". So three weddings, but no finalized divorce. Yes, the wedding in the snow where they had the horse and carriage was their first wedding.

Quote:
I actually ran across a YT clip of Stuart and Marian's Valentine wedding not that long ago and thought was nice.
I LOVED Stuart and Marian. Their wedding was fabulous. I loved that Adam made it wonderful for them after all he had done to keep them apart. My favorite part was when Marian arrived for the wedding and she was expecting to be kind of awful because she knew Adam was putting it together, but Adam wanted to make Liza happy so he made it WONDERFUL, and Marian was so touched that tears gathered in her eyes and she went right over to Adam and kissed him, and he said, "Uh, I think you have the wrong brother." LOL. It's amazing how much of this show I remember. Haha.

Quote:
Natalie was one of my all time AMC favorites! I adore Kate Collins. I wish I could find the episodes where Palmer was blackmailing her over the Silver death... I think he kept the body in the Cortlandt pond. It was before I was born, so I've only read about it. Though I did see the Silver murder on YT.
Do you have All My Children: The Complete Family Scrapbook? It gives you a lot of history in detail. I have a couple of copies! It's amazing how many episodes or clips YouTube won't let you upload. I tried uploading some, and it won't let you upload some, so you really do have to find people who have the DVDs or VHS tapes.

Quote:
What did you think of the rape story? I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand it was an exciting story, especially gut wrenching when Julie confronted Ross that she saw him raping Natalie. On the other I don't really like the idea of vixens being raped as a way to "redeem" them, and it ruined any potential Ross/Natalie future pairing, who before that I thought had a lot of chemistry.
Which rape storyline?

Quote:
The Cinderella aspect of the Noah and Julia wedding was a bit hokey for me and obvious plug that ABC had been just bought by Disney that year, but the vows were good.
I thought it was lovely, but then again, I'm a big Disney fan! I would love a Disney wedding. I have a personal glass slipper collection.

Quote:
I also gotta give a shout out to another one of my favorite AMC weddings, where Nico and Cecily got married in Hawaii in the the middle of an exploding volcano
I have not seen this wedding, but I should see if I can find it. I don't remember that at all but that sounds like a pretty unique wedding lol!

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Sky was Larkin's character on The Edge of Night. That was his most famous role, and Sky/Raven were a supercouple in the early 80's. I fell in love with them via youtube LOL. I loved his chemistry with Sharon Gabet on there. I never really got into Travis despite loving Larkin. He just didn't have the same charm as Sky, and his chemistry with Lucci wasn't as good as with Sharon Gabet. I don't know if you know who Finn Wittrock is (he was Damon, Tad's son in the last year of AMC, and then went onto American Horror Story) but he reminds me ALOT of a young Larkin.

Quote:
I LOVED Stuart and Marian. Their wedding was fabulous. I loved that Adam made it wonderful for them after all he had done to keep them apart. My favorite part was when Marian arrived for the wedding and she was expecting to be kind of awful because she knew Adam was putting it together, but Adam wanted to make Liza happy so he made it WONDERFUL, and Marian was so touched that tears gathered in her eyes and she went right over to Adam and kissed him, and he said, "Uh, I think you have the wrong brother." LOL. It's amazing how much of this show I remember. Haha.
You've got a great memory. Stuart and Marian on paper was a bit questionable, but somehow it just worked. I liked them together too. I actually watched the Zach Grayson story on YT where the climax was Phoebe being accused as the murderer because of the "W" on the purse found at the scene at the crime, but it turned out to be an "M" for Marian. I thought that was pretty unique.

Quote:
Do you have All My Children: The Complete Family Scrapbook? It gives you a lot of history in detail. I have a couple of copies! It's amazing how many episodes or clips YouTube won't let you upload. I tried uploading some, and it won't let you upload some, so you really do have to find people who have the DVDs or VHS tapes.
Yes, I do have that. Someone on tumblr has also been uploading weekly SOD recaps which are fun to read.

Quote:
Which rape storyline?
Natalie's rape. Someone was posting full episodes from that story circa fall of 1987. It was from when she was married to Palmer (that pic you posted reminded me of it) and she was raped by Palmer's son, Ross. Palmer thought she was was lying about the rape part and thought she had an affair. Julie, who was Ross's daughter saw the whole thing and ran away to NY, mortified.

These scenes of Julie telling Ross about seeing the rape, but she felt paralyzed about calling the police "because it was you, dad" were gut wrenching at around 12:50 and again at 20 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVj1QO7nXc

Quote:
I have not seen this wedding, but I should see if I can find it. I don't remember that at all but that sounds like a pretty unique wedding lol!
It's on youtube cause I saw it there... somewhere lol

Last edited by tslpsh; 09-17-2020 at 02:00 PM
Old 09-17-2020, 02:49 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Ok I think I am starting to remember now, was the 2nd wedding after the whole plot of Edmund faking his death? I was not much of a fan of the Santos family so I haven't gone back and rewatched those shows.

I liked the original Taylor, though they seemed to keep changing her personality. First she was the snooty society girl, then suddenly she was a cop ( That never made sense to me other than soaps seem to think all black people are either cops or lawyers for some reason) then they just made her the heavy for the Noah and Julia plot.

Noah and Julia had good writing in the beginning but by the time they got together, I didn't really like them anymore. (Plus I never cared much for Sydney Penny as an actress)
I especially did not like how they handled the whole Jamaica situation. I seem to remember they faked their deaths and made their families grieve just so Noah didn't have to stand on trial for murder (which he could have just said it was defense). A year or two before Adam faked a kidnapping and they acted like he was the devil for making his family go through that yet Noah and Julia do the same thing and are suppose to be sympathetic. I could be wrong on some details, as I haven't seen that stuff in awhile but that's how I remember it.
Yeah, their second wedding was after they thought Edmund was dead. I think it was in March 1995. These episodes are you Youtube so it's fresh in my mind. It is true they never officially got divorced, but it's obvious they should of had another wedding after they got back together and everyone thought she was dead for five years. Their 2003 wedding was way better than I thought it would be. I only remembered Taylor as a cop, the first actress stayed consistent from what I remembered (but once they had Noah and Taylor sleep together, you could see the change near the end before they recasted her, with having her act all clingy with Noah) it was that crappy recast that completely changed and ruined her character. They made her obsessed and BSC over Noah, which was a shame since I liked the original Taylor. Your wrong about what happened with the Jamaica storyline lol. Noah did say when Louie was killed it was self defense, but Taylor saw the whole thing and lied saying Noah killed him in cold blood and stole Louie's gun to make it look like Noah was lying about Louie having a gun. Noah was convicted of murder and he and Julia ran off to Jamaica. They faked their deaths cause the one lady helping them said they would eventually be found, but it was mostly a last ditch effort to get Taylor to feel guilty enough to confessing to lying and setting Noah up for murder. At first their families thought they died but they quickly let Mateo, Hayley, Julia's parents, Belinda, etc. in on it but got Taylor to confess on tape to setting Noah up. She went to prison and they got their names cleared.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 09-17-2020 at 02:56 PM
Old 09-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer and Jack - Days
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I loved the Cin wedding
Old 09-30-2020, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

Kat and Alfie - Eastenders
Philanthropist.

Old 09-30-2020, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Patrick and Robin's
Reply   Post New Thread