Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM
New Fan

Why did Ted start the story of how he met the mother with him meeting Robin?

Why did Ted start the story of how he met the mother with him meeting Robin?

People continually annoy me by saying “Robin has to be the mother because why else would Ted start the story there” or “Robin isn’t the mother but her and Ted are together in the future anyway, because they started the story with Ted meeting Robin”.

ROBIN IS NOT THE MOTHER!
This is a fact.

The second is possible but in my opinion unlikely

So why did they start the show with Ted meeting Robin?

Well, the show actually started with Marshal proposing to Lily. Why? Because that is when Ted starts thinking about marriage.

But the first episode is mainly about Ted meeting Robin. Why? Well, there have been key events throughout the series that have been leading to the mother and it starts with him meeting Robin. I made a flowchart (mainly out of boredom)
Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't see what you're trying to proove hear and I don't think it was necessary to make a thread for it.

Quote:
People continually annoy me by saying “Robin has to be the mother because why else would Ted start the story there” or “Robin isn’t the mother but her and Ted are together in the future anyway, because they started the story with Ted meeting Robin”.

ROBIN IS NOT THE MOTHER!
People are allowed to ship Ted/Robin, just let them.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I don't see what you're trying to proove hear and I don't think it was necessary to make a thread for it.

People are allowed to ship Ted/Robin, just let them.
They are allowed to... and as I said… some theorys suggested are possible but in my opinion unlikely. I just get sick of people saying she is the mother…. Cause she is not.

Sorry, I don’t think I made the point of the thread clear. Mainly I was trying to point out that ever since he met Robin it’s been leading him to The Mother.

There is a logical reason to start the story there... ever since he met Robin it’s been leading him to the mother.. and i know it seems over thought but that’s what Ted dose he over thinks. Remember s02e15 Lucky Penny? It’s kind of like that, he over thinks things... he would have traced his life back to, if he had never met Robin, he would have never met The Mother. To me it seemed like a Ted thing to do. Anyone else think this is why he started the story here?

Last edited by Sapphire10; 11-02-2009 at 05:39 PM
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Total Fan

I kinda like the chart you made. But please, guys, keep it friendly Everyone on this thread is allowed to ship whichever couple they prefer.

I'm going to close this thread now. You could repost the chart on The Mother thread, if you want. It would fit right in there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread