Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
I added those who wanted to be added, welcome!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, they really were in love, you could see that. They would have had Future-ish Ted having some longing for Robin even while Tracy was alive if he was really pining for her the entire time. He was going to leave New York because of Robin but he stayed because of Tracy. She was the one. He wants to move on with Robin, fine, but Tracy was the one.
^ 100% agree
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Cristin got shafted BIG time. I feel for her most right now.

☆Krys ☆
Old 04-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel for her, but at the same time, she does know that a lot of the fans love her. So there is that.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi new here!

But When Tracey first appeared I had mixed feelings, I liked her but wasn't won over right away but when we started seeing her with Ted, they were just so adorable! It was so sad seeing what happened to her in the finale. In my mind I always pictured her walking into the room when the story was over, telling Ted how long of a story it was and then even setting up to tell her version of things, something along those lines, so hearing she had been gone for six years was more than a little sad.

The video of the alternate ending was perfect! Bravo'

And to LostintheSun, I would love to read a seriesif stories abiut Ted and Tracey's life together. Do you post on fanfiction.net?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I shipped for Robin and Ted the whole time (and I'm glad TR is endgame), but seeing TT together made it okay that Robin isn't the mother.

Thanks for the unofficial alternative ending. It would have been a lovely ending too.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full◎Circle (View Post)
I shipped for Robin and Ted the whole time (and I'm glad TR is endgame), but seeing TT together made it okay that Robin isn't the mother.

Thanks for the unofficial alternative ending. It would have been a lovely ending too.
It makes me happy to hear you say this - whether they "ended up together" or not, Robin never could actually be the mother, so I'm glad that, in addition to your happiness at the reunion at the end, you were happy with the woman that did fill that role.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It makes me happy to hear you say this - whether they "ended up together" or not, Robin never could actually be the mother, so I'm glad that, in addition to your happiness at the reunion at the end, you were happy with the woman that did fill that role.
The biggest reason why everyone should be happy about Tracy being the mother is Cristin.
She is so gorgeous and played the role so well. The producers did a great job casting her.
Between TT was nearly the same magic as between TR.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full◎Circle (View Post)
The biggest reason why everyone should be happy about Tracy being the mother is Cristin.
She is so gorgeous and played the role so well. The producers did a great job casting her.
Between TT was nearly the same magic as between TR.
Cristin was an excellent choice, I agree. She had huge shoes to fill being put into a role that she didn't even realize how big it was until she got the part, and she did a lovely job. She - with Ted or with the other mains or with other characters or just alone - was my favorite part of season nine.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Cristin was an excellent choice, I agree. She had huge shoes to fill being put into a role that she didn't even realize how big it was until she got the part, and she did a lovely job. She - with Ted or with the other mains or with other characters or just alone - was my favorite part of season nine.
Yes I agree she's the best thing to come out the season
Old 04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My mom asked me and my dad "have people gotten attached at all to the mother? She's just been in this season." And my dad and I both went "SHE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER."

Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces't moi (View Post)
That's exactly how I feel about it.
The only reason he ended up with Robin is becouse Tracy died. If she had been healthy they would be an amazing old merried couple together for the rest of their lifes. She was the love of his life and a perfect soulmate.
And it kinda makes me sad for Robin
I agree with you completely, first of all I have to say I think that's the real Reason I'm okay with the Ending, I mean it wasn't perfect But at least we knew that while Tracy Lived she was Ted's One an Done so to speak and had she not died He'd still be with her
Secondly, Yes I feel bad for Robin as well in My Mind She is the Constallation Prize, He only went to her After His own True Loved Died and I honestly don't see that relationship going far But then again that's just my Personal Opinion.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

6 years is pretty long to stay faithful to one's dearly departed. It's not like he got over her in a week.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:20 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
6 years is pretty long to stay faithful to one's dearly departed. It's not like he got over her in a week.
Im sure that's true, but its the way that it was handled. He is supposed to be telling the story of how he met their MOTHER...not their Step-mother. There was no respect for Tracy at all.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that I think about it, guys, Ted and Tracy got eleven years together. Because the wedding happened in 2013, not 2014. 2014 is just when we're seeing it.

Also, if they dated seven years before getting married (awww, just like my parents!) and met in 2014, that means they got married in 2021. But in "How I Met Everyone Else" they flashed forward to 2020 and had Ted say "where's my wife?" So they had to have met in 2013 and gotten married in 2020 before that reunion, which means, since she dies in 2024, they got 11 years together.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Now that I think about it, guys, Ted and Tracy got eleven years together. Because the wedding happened in 2013, not 2014. 2014 is just when we're seeing it.

Also, if they dated seven years before getting married (awww, just like my parents!) and met in 2014, that means they got married in 2021. But in "How I Met Everyone Else" they flashed forward to 2020 and had Ted say "where's my wife?" So they had to have met in 2013 and gotten married in 2020 before that reunion, which means, since she dies in 2024, they got 11 years together.
They werent married long. And why would they (writers) had Ted (the most romantic type) wait 8 yrs (and two kids) to get married??? That did not make sense.

☆Krys ☆
Closed Thread   Post New Thread