Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

It's funny on my local morning radio show today they were talking about being in love with your best friend or being in that general area, and one of the host says you dont mess around with your wingman's' girlfriend...you dont do that to bro's ...made me laugh...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

except... robin was no longer ted's gf, so that's more of a gray area lol.
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Not really. Speaking as a male viewer, it was a low thing for Barney to do what he did. And if I were Ted (correction.. I was Ted at one point) I would've been mad and reacted the exact same way. Plus, Barney's character is all about "Bro codes" and sticking by his friend, to do that... Not cool.

It doesn't matter that Ted/Robin were over... you just don't go there.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

oh, im not defending him, im just saying its not the exact same thing.
you know... had this happened because robin and barney happened to have fallen in love, i wouldn't think too much of it, but it was a one night stand and i don't think it's worth giving up a friendship for.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with you... to a certain extent. Because Barney is the way he is... even he knew he broke his own code. It's just not something your supposed to do.

kenny | credit
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

the reason i feel that way is because they are in the same circle of friends and if they happened to have fallen in love, it's not like they sought it out... so it would be a little difficult to be upset at him for it.
otherwise, that code should not be broken!!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

How funny of Marshall to google things that happened in 2003.

Quote:
Seabiscuit galloped into theaters... and our hearts.

or...

Quote:
M: The DaVinci Code came out.
Robin: Oh... that's not bad.
M: Not the movie... the book.

kenny | credit
Old 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

LMAO
ohhh marshall.. so lovable!!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

OMG --- And Lily with the earthquake!

kenny | credit
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
OMG --- And Lily with the earthquake!
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode aside from there still being nothing mentioned between Barney and Robin regarding what happened, it seems for the moment at least they are going to act with one another completely like it didn't happen.

I'm glad Robin raised the fact Ted was much angrier at Barney than her - I understand why he is of course but I felt it was true to life that she mentioned it.

Marshall's references back to 2003 were funny; Seabiscuit .

Still a big fan of Ted and Stella, so funny at the end when he pretended to call up Marshall and Lily and tell them and she pushed him out of bed.

One thing I was indifferent too was Barney's new wingman, I didn't find any of it funny aside from when he called up Marshall and Lily and they both said a flat out "no".
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
But, I didn't like Barney's new wingman screwing it up. I thought... that was a sign it could potentially be an over-used catchphrase.
I loved it. Because for two and a half years, we've had the main characters acting as if Barney is a complete ass (which mostly, he is, but to us it seems loveable ) and that everything he does is stupid, and so are his catchphrases.

I felt happy for Barney that this guy is reading his blog and proud of that fact (only Ted has ever admitted to it, and even then he got all defensive about it) and even if he messed up the line, he was trying, and it made me giggle. Seeing somebody actually look up to Barney was new ground for the show!

Plus, it was totally true to life with the way the internet works in terms of blogs and things catching on - the fact that he was a nerdy dude who got it wrong just sold it perfectly.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Louise- (View Post)
I really liked the episode aside from there still being nothing mentioned between Barney and Robin regarding what happened, it seems for the moment at least they are going to act with one another completely like it didn't happen.
Yeah, but you know, they are two people who have one-night stands that don't mean a thing all the time. They're used to it, they usually don't make a big deal out of that happening, so the way they act is very in-character. To them, right now, it's just like another one-night stand, except they're gonna see eachother again, as friends.
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 AM
New Fan

i thought that it was hilarious.. It was Legendary wait for it.... Dary.. and stelliot is awesome.. anywyas.. does anyone know the song that was at the end of this episode when ted goes to meet stelliot's daughter?
dj green streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
New Fan

Technically Ted had given his blessing to Barney.. while ted was going out with victoria.. and robin was broing out with Barney.. according to the actually bro code.. an Ex is fair game with IF they have been broken up for 6 months or more.. and your bro has given consent.
dj green streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread