Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
So do I. And I got tired of those kind of shows after 90210. The only reason I watch Riverdale is because it's like Twin Peaks meets Pretty Little Liars.

Well, I do blame the writers a bit for the ship wars on HIMYM because they knew where the show was going and they still teased the audience anyway. I felt like they were being a bit too clever and they were more concerned with showing how clever they could be in fooling everyone and not focused enough on keeping a consistent narrative.
Never watched 90210, since it was before my time haha. Writers are normally to blame for shipper wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Yeah, ship wars are a cancer to TV shows although the entire aspect is supposed to be for fun.

It's funny because for the first 3/4 seasons I despised Peyton and thought her and Lucas were nothing but trouble for each other but in the end I was sold on them and didn't think much of Brooke as a character. Leyton as a pairing and individual ship and characters were the most fleshed out of the series and honestly I didn't enjoy the show much after the episode where they left tree hill together

It's sad that ship wars and hate is what caused this board to die down so much especially since while people wanted it to end differently we all got screwed inevitably so you'd think people would be mad at the writers and not attacking each other
I think the worst thing about BPL triangle is that was only designed to go on for only the first season and it got dragged out for off screen reasons, so a lot of the ship wars could have been avoided if ended when it was supposed to. Why did you starting liking Brooke less as the show went on? I actually thought she got better as the show went on since the first 3 and a bit seasons were spent on an relationship which brought the absolute worst in her as a characters. IT sucks, that some people stopped posting on here due to their feelings on the ending.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, 90201 was before your time? Sorry, Samuel. But writers are to blame for shipper wars mostly because they're not paying attention to either their audience or the story they're writing, which is kinda what happened to HIMYM.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, 90201 was before your time? Sorry, Samuel. But writers are to blame for shipper wars mostly because they're not paying attention to either their audience or the story they're writing, which is kinda what happened to HIMYM.
Yep haha Definitely are and I think the big issue with the BPL triangle is the writers rewrote history to fit whoever was dating at times, and that made the wars a lot worse than it should have been.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Well what happened with HIMYM well at least part of it was their end game plan which is great to have one but if you do you have to follow it during the run of your entire story and not just re-introduce something a season or so before the show is almost over.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well what happened with HIMYM well at least part of it was their end game plan which is great to have one but if you do you have to follow it during the run of your entire story and not just re-introduce something a season or so before the show is almost over.
Yeah that's definitely true, writers should always follow through their plans.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Loyal Fan

It's like writers want to sabotage their own shows sometimes.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Sometimes it does seem like it I dunno though it's really hard to end a show in a way that satisfies the entire fandom though so I only envy them.

I get it marriages don't always last and in barneys case he changed but ultimately realized that lifestyle wasn't him. I understand all that but to go that route... why base the entire last season counting down the weekend till a marriage happens and then have them divorce?
Old 09-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Sometimes it does seem like it I dunno though it's really hard to end a show in a way that satisfies the entire fandom though so I only envy them.

I get it marriages don't always last and in barneys case he changed but ultimately realized that lifestyle wasn't him. I understand all that but to go that route... why base the entire last season counting down the weekend till a marriage happens and then have them divorce?
Because they didn't know they were gonna get a ninth season. If you look at the first episode of season 8, they fully expected the show to end that season. Halfway through season 8 CBS renewed the show, which is why they ended up dragging out the second half of season 8 the way they did and stretched the wedding across all of season 9, and why those two seasons had so many filler episodes. They thought it might be cool to experiment with that final season since they really didn't plan on having anything happen after season 8.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

That's what sucks and how it effects shows, really. The uncertainty of getting a new season so the writers have to pretty much wing what will ultimately happen in case they don't get a new season. Absolute BS...
Old 09-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

One thing though - I don't think anybody liked that finale.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen a lot of people online that do but I don't know anyone personally

I was kinda indifferent to "Swarkles" during my first watch of the series but I loved them the second.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I've seen a lot of people online that do but I don't know anyone personally
I'll remain silent on that one.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'll remain silent on that one.
Besides you, of course There are things you would have changed though, right? That's what I meant in regards to.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Besides you, of course There are things you would have changed though, right? That's what I meant in regards to.
Oh, of course. Like trimming down that wedding to maybe six or eight episodes at the most.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Have to agree with that

Honestly the scenes with Robin and Barney's mom bickering were kinda pointless too but Frances Conroy is a LEGEN-wait for it..DARY actress.