Fan Forum Legend

That's an good thing at least
Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah it is

One of the few good things about the ending for me
Old 09-12-2017, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty much haha At least with most of my shows, the couples I loved ended up together.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, mine too.

This show managed to upset 2 separate fanbases which is very uncommon I still can't believe they dragged an entire wedding out for 20 some episodes if it was going to end after a timejump
Old 09-13-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's 70 Show did the same thing, only other show I've know to do that.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Really? Hmm.

Was it with Jackie? I don't really remember the show that much.

Either way, after that legen..dary dance scene with Robin/Barney especially they made a huge mistake divorcing them. Would it have been less grating if the entire last season wasn't building up to their wedding? I dunno
Old 09-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty much the two big Jackie ships were with Kelso and Hyde, with the first 4 seasons mostly being about the former and the next three seasons being about the latter. Then season 8 occurred and for the some reason the new writers didn't like Jackie and Hyde so they spilt them up and all. When it came to deciding who ended up together out of those two, they didn't want to piss someone off so they decided to have Jackie end up with Fez, but they did much an poor job with that relationship that it just pissed everyone off instead. Lol, I'm glad that the One Tree Hill writers didn't do that with LP and BL shippers and had Luke end up with Lindsay, lol.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

I remember the OTH ship wars back in the day, brutal

But luckily HIMYM's never got that intense but after the epic dance scene between those two it sold me
Old 09-15-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely are the worst ship wars I've ever seen Who did you ship on OTH? I think the writers HIMYM did an much better job of handling both ships without really diminishing the other, at least most of the time anyway.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never watched OTH so I didn't have a dog in that fight. You couldn't pay me to watch that show. That and The OC got on my nerves. The post 90201 era was kinda annoying.

I don't like ship wars myself, which is why I'm glad we managed to get it under control on this board. It got pretty bad after the finale, as you might imagine.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Shows like OC and 90210..yeah, you couldn't pay me either.

I liked Brooke/Lucas but after awhile I lost track of the show,s o there's that.

Ship wars are dangerous and yeah I can only imagine. It's bad enough out there on the interwebz but social media sites are a disaster, Ultimately it's the writers decision and you're allowed to like whoever you want and really most of the time its not worth argueing.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I never watched OTH so I didn't have a dog in that fight. You couldn't pay me to watch that show. That and The OC got on my nerves. The post 90201 era was kinda annoying.

I don't like ship wars myself, which is why I'm glad we managed to get it under control on this board. It got pretty bad after the finale, as you might imagine.
Why's that? After OTH, I try and avoid shows with ship wars haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Shows like OC and 90210..yeah, you couldn't pay me either.

I liked Brooke/Lucas but after awhile I lost track of the show,s o there's that.

Ship wars are dangerous and yeah I can only imagine. It's bad enough out there on the interwebz but social media sites are a disaster, Ultimately it's the writers decision and you're allowed to like whoever you want and really most of the time its not worth argueing.
I was always an Lucas/Peyton fan and pretty much hated Brooke/Lucas romantically haha. Seeing some of the comments of OTH board, it was pretty horrible back in the day.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, ship wars are a cancer to TV shows although the entire aspect is supposed to be for fun.

It's funny because for the first 3/4 seasons I despised Peyton and thought her and Lucas were nothing but trouble for each other but in the end I was sold on them and didn't think much of Brooke as a character. Leyton as a pairing and individual ship and characters were the most fleshed out of the series and honestly I didn't enjoy the show much after the episode where they left tree hill together

It's sad that ship wars and hate is what caused this board to die down so much especially since while people wanted it to end differently we all got screwed inevitably so you'd think people would be mad at the writers and not attacking each other
Old 09-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Why's that? After OTH, I try and avoid shows with ship wars haha.
So do I. And I got tired of those kind of shows after 90210. The only reason I watch Riverdale is because it's like Twin Peaks meets Pretty Little Liars.

Well, I do blame the writers a bit for the ship wars on HIMYM because they knew where the show was going and they still teased the audience anyway. I felt like they were being a bit too clever and they were more concerned with showing how clever they could be in fooling everyone and not focused enough on keeping a consistent narrative.