Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2019, 03:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think they did better on writing pining!BR than on writing their relationship, I mean I love their relationship but sometimes I feel like they didn't know how to really write them together which sucked.

edit: I'm finding all these arts that I just love!

Last edited by - just stand still -; 02-24-2019 at 09:02 AM
Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the colors on those gifs in the middle, Katie!
Old 02-24-2019, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, it's really pretty. people can do amazing coloring at times.

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

too much pretty art.

Last edited by - just stand still -; 02-24-2019 at 09:11 PM
Old 02-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lovely gifs, Katie!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm finding the arts from the old threads I'm looking at, I love them cause I've never seen them before.

also reading through old threads is sad, people were so optimistic, so naive. also, I recognize so many people, so many that are still around but don't post here.

super cute.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love those sets
Old 02-26-2019, 02:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

there are some really talented people out there.

I love watching them make out. they got so into it, I wonder if they felt because Neil is gay that they could just go bananas all over each other (exaggerating a little. ) because there was never any danger of feelings coming out it.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed

Possibly
Old 02-26-2019, 03:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

yea, I don't know but sometimes it looked like they were swallowing each other. and super handsy!

also, they got interrupted by phones a lot. rude!
Old 02-26-2019, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep

They did
Old 02-26-2019, 03:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

one of the writers, Craig I think, said that she didn't even need to be in a scene with him for them to have chemistry which is true. even before they were together, they still had so much chemistry and adorableness.

they should have thrown them out.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They seriously did, it was obvious

Definitely
Old 02-26-2019, 05:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Zip,Zip,Zip was such a fun episode because they were just being goofy and having fun and it was just obvious that their was some sort of connection there even if it wasn't romantic at that point.

I finally reached the finale reactions on my old thread read through and well, it's def not pretty.

I saw this though and I agree with it so so much.

Quote:
howimetyourconsolationprize
Okay. Let's sum up HIMYM character development:
Robin:
9x22: Ridiculously happy, very much in love with Barney, perhaps (because it wasn’t really explained) she had some degree of attachment to Ted (aka the lets run away together, or was that just cold feet? IDK), loved her friendships so much (looking at the Lily + Robin one in particular), loved her work but probably wouldn’t put it first (remember Don?), acts ‘Canadian’. Willing to put work into her relationship with Barney.
9x23/24: Unhappy the entire time, avoids all her old friends (does she have new ones?), Workaholic - Work comes first, suddenly wants to be with Ted after years of rejecting him because “do you love me” - “No.” I didn’t see a single ‘Canadian’ thing from her. NOT willing to put work into her relationship with Barney.

Barney:
9x22: Completely and ‘irretrievably’ in love, grown up and mature, not sleeping around, Robin was all he needed for his happiness, didn’t always want kids - just liked them. Willing to put work into his relationship with Robin.
9x23/24: Sleeping around (is he still? IDK), gets a woman (#31) knocked up, A child is all he needed for happiness (which btw; whoa! Way to stab the knife in further for Swarkles shippers). NOT willing to put work into his relationship with Robin.

Ted:
9x22: Finally over Robin, ready to move on and meet his ‘true love’
9x23/24: Lol, nope, not really; Robin is his number one. His wife died (did we even see a tear from anyone about that? Fanbase excluded), has a couple of kids, thinks telling them a story about “how for eight years he loved Robin then he ‘let her go’, then met the mother and fell in love (?), then she died, then waited 6 years, then told them he’d tell them about how he met their mother, proceeded to tell them all about Robin and how much he loved her - just to check if it’s okay to go after her again” is okay.

Lily:
9x22: Happy, has work (she loves to work), struggles a bit with one child
9x23/24: Is she happy? Is she unhappy? (seriously did anybody ask how she was doing the entire time?) Has 3 children! Does she work? (IDK), Does she paint anymore - I remember that was her dream (although it’s been pretty ignored for a few seasons)

Marshal:
9x22: Happy, excited about employment/law etc, has one child (another incoming).
9x23/24: Being positive about a job it seems he actually hates, has three kids.

The Mother/Tracy (as far as flash forwards had covered):
9x22: Happy, has Penny, thought she found the one but he died, the dated a nice guy then realised she needed to move on. Moved on and was ready to meet her ‘true love’
9x23/24: Still seemed remarkably happy for a lady who is dying, has two kids. Dies (unknown sickness).

The kids/ Luke & Penny:
9x22: Totally bored of this story about their mother (whom they know is dead btw)
9x23/24: Cheering their dad to (once again) go chasing after Robin… Still pretty apathetic about their mother to be honest.

Did I miss anything? (I’ll update)
also, I hope this isn't too offensive or at all.

Quote:
“Are you glad that Robin ended up with Barney versus Ted?”

"You know, that’s a question I have trouble answering because I don’t want it to sound like I like Barney better, or I like Neil better. I mean, we’ve shot so many episodes, that I sometimes forget Robin simply isn’t in love with Ted. He’s the perfect guy, who is so kind and considerate, and I’m sure Robin wishes she loved Ted. I mean, that’s the safer betbet. He’s safe and reliable, but she just doesn’t love him.

-Cobie Smulders
total BR fan so much!

sorry Alex. I hope you don't get mad that I'm posting these things, you know I respect you!

Last edited by - just stand still -; 02-26-2019 at 07:04 AM
Old 02-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Loved that episode

That's all so true
Old 02-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

it was a great one.

I thought maybe the quote might be fake since it seemed a bit odd for her to not be neutral but I found it! yay! its true!

also, I totally agree with her, to me Ted has always been the safe choice. the guy that she thinks she should be with because he's reliable and safe that her mind is probably telling her to go with but her heart doesn't want him, her heart wants barney.

I think that's why while I don't exactly like her speech before the wedding, it does make sense because while I love barney, he is unreliable and unpredictable so of course she would be scared that he would leave her or they would break up plus she was kinda out of her mind with panic and she did still want to run off even when ted said no. the only thing that stopped her besides tracy was barney saying he would always be honest with her which I think made her mind finally calm down and realize that he is who she wanted, that it's clearly him she loves.

I've never seen seen this,

"Afraid so, Mr. Scherbatsky."

this is adorable too.