Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

MacLaren's pub OT #58: Happy New Year and let's look forward to an awesome 2018!

W E L C O M E T O T H E 58TH T H R E A D
Off Topic
L E T' S D I S C U S S W H A T E V E R
theregulars
001. PhoenixRising
002. Mysteria
003. Vacatia
004. Lucresiare
005. Ropetuned
006. BlackSapphire
offtopicdiscussion

Old 12-31-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018, EVERYONE!!!

I hope everyone has an awesome new year's celebration!

Old 12-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one
Old 12-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Sam! Happy New Year to you!

Happy New Year, Mark! Happy New Year, Vicki!
Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Happy New Year everyone

Lions aren't the only team in the NFL to go the season without winning a game anymore! Yay!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
You're welcome, Sam! Happy New Year to you!
Yeah, you too Can't believe that the Ravens got knocked out off the playoffs.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Happy new year!
Old 01-01-2018, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Happy New Year everyone

Lions aren't the only team in the NFL to go the season without winning a game anymore! Yay!
Bet you are happy about that haha. What do you think of Caldwell getting fired?
Old 01-01-2018, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's a mistake but he has not gotten us into the playoffs or we get eliminated early so I can understand

Hope you had a good New Years Eve
Old 01-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I think it's a mistake but he has not gotten us into the playoffs or we get eliminated early so I can understand

Hope you had a good New Years Eve
I guess it depends on who they get to replace him really What did you get up to?
Old 01-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy New Year, Mark and Sam! I hope you guys had a good night!

I slept early because I had work in the morning. It's fing freezing here.

Yeah, congrats, Mark. The 2008 Lions are no longer the only team to have a winless 0-16 season. I feel sorry for the Browns and their fans, but I do hope the organization cleans house and puts together a new team that can win. Starting with their damn helmets. Put something on the helmets already. But I can't believe they haven't fired the coach or the quarterback yet. I mean, the Lions fired Cadwell but the Browns are keeping Hue Jackson?

I'm sorry the Lions fell short, Mark, but I think they showed promise this season and can definitely make the playoffs in the future. And congrats, Sam. The Ravens shot themselves in the foot and are out of the playoffs. I cannot believe they lost and let the Buffalo Bills get the #5 seed. Too bad the Chargers didn't make it in. I was really rooting for them. But at least they finished their season 9-7 after annihilating the Raiders and have hope for the future. And how about Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers destroying the Rams to finish the season at 6-10 with a five game win streak and Garoppolo 5-0 as a starter? I can hear them saying "Joe Montana 2.0!" in San Fran already.

Sadly, the Eagles and Nick Foles stunk it up against the Cowboys yesterday, losing to the Cowboys 6-0. They got shut out and Foles looked terrible. That new guy, Nate Sudfeld, actually looked pretty good and set an NFL record as far as his passer rating for his first game in the NFL even though they didn't score. But I cannot believe that in two weeks the Eagles have to go into the Divisional Round with Nick Foles leading them. The Wildcard games are Chiefs vs. Titans and Rams vs. Falcons on Saturday, and Jaguars vs. Bills and Saints vs. Panthers on Sunday. The Eagles will play either the Falcons, if they beat the Rams, or the winner of the Saints/Panthers game if the Rams beat the Falcons. That means that the Eagles are gonna face either the Matt Ryan and the Falcons, Cam Newton and the Panthers, or Drew Brees and the Saints.... all three of whom have won the NFC Championship and gone to the Super Bowl, and Brees won a Super Bowl. Nick Foles is supposed to play against that? He won't make it past the Divisional round, so forget about the NFC Championship against the Rams or the Vikings, or the Super Bowl against the Steelers or the Patriots. The Eagles season is gonna end in two weeks when they go one-and-done. They had a real chance with Carson Wentz, who is still in the running for league MVP and was leading the league in touchdown passes with 33(a franchise record) until Russell Wilson passed him yesterday with 34. Damn! Carson was the guy who was gonna take us to the Super Bowl! I cannot believe how this season ended. And it looks like the Steelers are gonna play either the Titans, Chiefs, or the Jaguars, depending on what happens next weekend.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Happy New Year, Mark and Sam! I hope you guys had a good night!

And congrats, Sam. The Ravens shot themselves in the foot and are out of the playoffs. I cannot believe they lost and let the Buffalo Bills get the #5 seed. Too bad the Chargers didn't make it in. I was really rooting for them. But at least they finished their season 9-7 after annihilating the Raiders and have hope for the future. And how about Jimmy Garoppolo and the San Francisco 49ers destroying the Rams to finish the season at 6-10 with a five game win streak and Garoppolo 5-0 as a starter? I can hear them saying "Joe Montana 2.0!" in San Fran already.
What did you get up too? I'm pretty happy about the Ravens right now lol, but it's good to see that the Bills got in though.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What did you get up too? I'm pretty happy about the Ravens right now lol, but it's good to see that the Bills got in though.
Nothing much. I stayed home and got to bed early because I had to get up for work at 4am. But I hope you had fun!

I'm not that interested in the Bills, but I'm happy for their fans. And I'm glad you're so happy about the Ravens losing.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Nothing much. I stayed home and got to bed early because I had to get up for work at 4am. But I hope you had fun!

I'm not that interested in the Bills, but I'm happy for their fans. And I'm glad you're so happy about the Ravens losing.
That sucks I'm not either haha, just been an long time between playoff trips for them haha. I am haha Hopefully Foles starts playing better soon
Old 01-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That sucks I'm not either haha, just been an long time between playoff trips for them haha. I am haha Hopefully Foles starts playing better soon
I'm not expecting much from Foles in just two weeks. He's only had three starts, and he only played well when he threw four touchdown passes against the New York Giants... the worst team in the NFL. But at least your team has its quarterback ready to go.