Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 05:39 PM
  #106
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That sucks, why didn't your offense get into the game? Hopefully you guys can win out though. Good to see the Steelers win in the last second, but hopefully Shazier is alright though since they looked pretty nasty.
I don't know, Sam. I heard that the players felt that they didn't have enough time to practice with the traveling to Seattle and stuff. I think it was just a fluke, that's all. Even the Patriots ended up losing to the Chiefs this season, and look where the Chiefs are now. And didn't the Steelers lose to the damn Bears and the Jaguars earlier this season? It happens to the best of them.

Speaking of the Steelers, what's up with them, Sam? They've played two straight games where they just barely managed to win by a last minute field goal, last week against the Packers, and this week against the Bengals. And what was up with that Steelers/Bengals game? For a minute I thought I was watching Rollerball. That was some smash-mouth, violent, body-bag football. The NFL is pretty pissed about it because it really didn't look good for a Monday Night game. That's why they have so many more rules and penalties these days, as well as concussion protocols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Alex Still not feeling 100 percent and I figured this would be a quick thing, I guess not.

Sounds like the eagles are doing good Flyers, on the other hand


Hope you had a good day Talk to you later
Aww, I'm sorry, Mark. I was hoping you'd be feeling better by now. Did you see your doctor?

Well, I'd feel better if the Eagles would just clinch the damn division already with one more win. They'd better win against the Rams on Sunday. And don't give up on the Lions just yet, because they're still in it, but barely. I know, the Flyers are in 8th place in the division, but they at least beat the Flames last night.

I hope you get some rest and I'll talk to you later! And I took the post count!
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:10 PM
  #107
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 80,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I don't know, Sam. I heard that the players felt that they didn't have enough time to practice with the traveling to Seattle and stuff. I think it was just a fluke, that's all. Even the Patriots ended up losing to the Chiefs this season, and look where the Chiefs are now. And didn't the Steelers lose to the damn Bears and the Jaguars earlier this season? It happens to the best of them.

Speaking of the Steelers, what's up with them, Sam? They've played two straight games where they just barely managed to win by a last minute field goal, last week against the Packers, and this week against the Bengals. And what was up with that Steelers/Bengals game? For a minute I thought I was watching Rollerball. That was some smash-mouth, violent, body-bag football. The NFL is pretty pissed about it because it really didn't look good for a Monday Night game. That's why they have so many more rules and penalties these days, as well as concussion protocols.
Okay, hopefully they can get it sorted. Not sure actually, but I think our defense is really missing Haden and our offense play calling hasn't been great so far this season. I think that's like every Steelers/Bengals game haha, just no where near as bad as last night though. Hopefully Shazier is alright though and I felt it was karma that Buflict got knocked out of an game after all the dirty **** he has done.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 PM
  #108
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, hopefully they can get it sorted. Not sure actually, but I think our defense is really missing Haden and our offense play calling hasn't been great so far this season. I think that's like every Steelers/Bengals game haha, just no where near as bad as last night though. Hopefully Shazier is alright though and I felt it was karma that Buflict got knocked out of an game after all the dirty **** he has done.
Yeah, that hit on Shazier was scary. He got carried off with a back injury. I hope it wasn't also a concussion. And at least your team still won, even if it was an ugly win.

I just want the Eagles to beat the Rams on Sunday and wrap this up. Then they can focus on beating the Giants and the Raiders, and deciding on whether or not they'll play anyone against the Cowboys in the final game of the season. And I'm also interested to see who wins out in the three way tie in the AFC West, the Chargers, Chiefs, or Raiders. I'm rooting for the Chargers.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:31 PM
  #109
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 80,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, that hit on Shazier was scary. He got carried off with a back injury. I hope it wasn't also a concussion. And at least your team still won, even if it was an ugly win.

I just want the Eagles to beat the Rams on Sunday and wrap this up. Then they can focus on beating the Giants and the Raiders, and deciding on whether or not they'll play anyone against the Cowboys in the final game of the season. And I'm also interested to see who wins out in the three way tie in the AFC West, the Chargers, Chiefs, or Raiders. I'm rooting for the Chargers.
Yeah, he seems to doing better which is great. The Steelers are skilled at the ugly win game haha The Eagles/Rams game should be an good one and probably will be an close one. That will be interesting to see that race too and I'm rooting for the Chargers too
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:05 AM
  #110
Ultimate Fan

 
Ropetuned's Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,535
Hi guys

Yeah I'm definitely going back to the doctor but I'm there all the time so why not?

I can't remember if you have Netflix or not, Alex. if you do you should definitely watch the first season of The Punisher

Talk to you later hope you had a good day.
__________________
RopeTuned is a male shipper and unashamed
Ropetuned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:18 PM
  #111
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
Hi, Mark! I'm sorry you have to go back to the doctor, but at least you're taking care of yourself. Sucks to be sick during the holidays.

And no, I don't have Netflix. So I can't watch The Punisher, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, or Jessica Jones. And I really wish they would just make a Power Man & Iron Fist show and stop separating the two. But I have heard that The Punisher is great.

I'll talk to you later, Mark! I hope you start feeling better cuz I need my co-mod!


Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, he seems to doing better which is great. The Steelers are skilled at the ugly win game haha The Eagles/Rams game should be an good one and probably will be an close one. That will be interesting to see that race too and I'm rooting for the Chargers too
I'm glad he's okay. I heard it was a serious back injury. The sports media and the NFL are really ripping into the Steelers/Bengals game because of all the dirty hits and violence. At least they have something to talk about other than General Manager Jerry Reese and head coach Ben McAdoo being fired by the NY Giants. It's about time.

I just want the Eagles to beat the Rams so they can clinch the damn NFC East already. They could've done it on Sunday against the Seahawks, but fell short. But if we clinch the division and then win our remaining games we can also get a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs... if the Vikings lose one more game.

I'm rooting for the Chargers not just because of their cool helmets and uniforms... but also because of how badly the LA fans and media treated them after they moved from San Diego to Los Angeles, not taking them seriously and looking at them like a joke. The Chargers started out in LA in their first season in the AFL before moving to San Diego a year later. This'll show those fans. LA may very well have not just one, but two teams - Rams and Chargers - winning their divisions and going to the playoffs.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:30 PM
  #112
Ultimate Fan

 
Ropetuned's Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,535
Yeah I hate being sick too but it's more of just being randomly exhausted more than anything but I'll find out

That sucks I tried watching a few like Jessica Jones but other than that Daredevil and The Punisher are the two i've absolutely loved..which is weird because I usually hate Marvel with a passion

But yeah, Jon Bernthal does an amazing job as him and it's probably what makes the show so damn good.

Hope you had a good day

My favorite scene is definitely Frank's fight with Billy Russo and turning him into Jigsaw:


__________________
RopeTuned is a male shipper and unashamed

Last edited by Ropetuned; 12-06-2017 at 04:50 PM
Ropetuned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:44 PM
  #113
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
I think you accidentally deleted my QUOTE tags, Mark. How did you do that? You must not be feeling well.

Well I hope you have a good doctor visit and you get rested if you're feeling exhausted.

I'm not a big fan of Marvel right now either, except their X-Men universe. I don't like how the MCU has turned out, but I do like the First Class movies and the new X-Men TV show, The Gifted. And I loved Jon Bernthal when he was on The Walking Dead... back when The Walking Dead was still good. So I'm not surprised he makes The Punisher good.

Oooh, thanks for that scene with Jigsaw! I remember him from Spider-Man comics. I also remember he died, but I guess that didn't last long. I miss those old comics from the 70's and 80's.

My day was okay. Work was exhausting and I'm just glad I'm off tomorrow. I may just decide to take a nap for a while.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:54 PM
  #114
Ultimate Fan

 
Ropetuned's Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,535
I think I meant to quote it but probably deleted a few characters of the quote code So I just took it out entirely.

I've liked the X-men movies for the most part but the rest I can take it or leave it unless its DD or The Punisher.

Yeah, Jon was awesome and made the first two seasons of TWD great and I honestly think the 2nd season of DD without Jon would have been pretty bleh but he pretty much made that season

That's fine I'll be around later possibly If not, have a good day tomorrow!
__________________
RopeTuned is a male shipper and unashamed
Ropetuned is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 PM
  #115
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
It's okay, it happens.

Well, I didn't like the X-Men movies until just recently. First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Logan, and Deadpool have all been awesome. The original X-Men trilogy sucked. And The Gifted is my new favorite show after Riverdale.

Do you like Daredevil as much as The Punisher, or is The Punisher better?

I'm actually starting to miss Shane. I'd have loved to have seen how he'd deal with The Governor and Negan. He'd probably get himself killed, but it would still be awesome.

Okay, just get some rest and have a good doctor visit. I'll be off work the next two days, so I'll see you later!
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:37 PM
  #116
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 80,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm glad he's okay. I heard it was a serious back injury. The sports media and the NFL are really ripping into the Steelers/Bengals game because of all the dirty hits and violence. At least they have something to talk about other than General Manager Jerry Reese and head coach Ben McAdoo being fired by the NY Giants. It's about time.

I just want the Eagles to beat the Rams so they can clinch the damn NFC East already. They could've done it on Sunday against the Seahawks, but fell short. But if we clinch the division and then win our remaining games we can also get a first round bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs... if the Vikings lose one more game.

I'm rooting for the Chargers not just because of their cool helmets and uniforms... but also because of how badly the LA fans and media treated them after they moved from San Diego to Los Angeles, not taking them seriously and looking at them like a joke. The Chargers started out in LA in their first season in the AFL before moving to San Diego a year later. This'll show those fans. LA may very well have not just one, but two teams - Rams and Chargers - winning their divisions and going to the playoffs.
Yeah, I think he got his feeling back in his legs and he's back in Pittsburgh, so that's an good sign at least. Did you think that the game was dirty? I hope the Eagles do that since it would be great for them to have an first round bye and home field advantage, same with the Steelers.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:43 PM
  #117
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, I think he got his feeling back in his legs and he's back in Pittsburgh, so that's an good sign at least. Did you think that the game was dirty? I hope the Eagles do that since it would be great for them to have an first round bye and home field advantage, same with the Steelers.
Well, I thought it was a bit rough, and some of those hits might have been unnecessary. But it's the way the game was played back when I was a kid. But these days they're a lot more conscious about concussions and spinal injuries and ACL tears.

Well, I want the Eagles to win, but I don't want them to put Jared Goff in the hospital. Just the win will be enough. I'm hoping for a more dominant win to make a statement that the loss to Seattle was a fluke.

I think that both the Steelers and the Patriots are gonna get those first round byes, Sam. And I'm pretty sure that the Eagles will get one too if they stay ahead of the Rams and the Saints, or if the Panthers somehow catch the Saints. The Vikings will also probably get the bye as well.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 PM
  #118
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar

Moderator of ...
One Tree Hill
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 80,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, I thought it was a bit rough, and some of those hits might have been unnecessary. But it's the way the game was played back when I was a kid. But these days they're a lot more conscious about concussions and spinal injuries and ACL tears.

Well, I want the Eagles to win, but I don't want them to put Jared Goff in the hospital. Just the win will be enough. I'm hoping for a more dominant win to make a statement that the loss to Seattle was a fluke.

I think that both the Steelers and the Patriots are gonna get those first round byes, Sam. And I'm pretty sure that the Eagles will get one too if they stay ahead of the Rams and the Saints, or if the Panthers somehow catch the Saints. The Vikings will also probably get the bye as well.
True, but I personally enjoyed seeing Buflict getting smashed like that Whose got the better d out of the Rams and Eagles? I hope the Steelers do too, but I hope we get the number 1 seed instead of the Patriots.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:55 PM
  #119
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 136,569
Hey, Mark! I hope you're feeling okay. Did you see the doctor yet?

I'm gonna be watching Saints/Falcons on TNF tonight if anyone wants to know where I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
True, but I personally enjoyed seeing Buflict getting smashed like that Whose got the better d out of the Rams and Eagles? I hope the Steelers do too, but I hope we get the number 1 seed instead of the Patriots.
Really, Sam? JuJu Smith-Schuster got suspended for the hit on Burfict. And Ryan Shazier is still in the hospital.

Yeah, it would be better for your guys if they didn't have to play the AFC Championship in Gillette Stadium in Foxboro.

I'd say at this point the Eagles have the better defense, but the Rams are good. But the Eagles need to beat them after losing to the Seahawks last week so they can clinch the division and start preparing for the playoffs. After the Rams, they have the Giants and the Raiders, who shouldn't be too difficult, and then finally the Cowboys, and I'm not sure who's actually gonna play in that game.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:02 PM
  #120
Ultimate Fan

 
Ropetuned's Avatar

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 8,535
Not yet but I see him tomorrow

Oh I love the Punisher a lot more but either because I loved The Punisher more than any other comic when I was a kid or the fact that I don't really like the casting of DD

Hope you had a good day! I'll talk to you tomorrow :wave.
__________________
RopeTuned is a male shipper and unashamed
Ropetuned is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
How I Met Your Mother Fan Site
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.