Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Haha
I can't decide whether or not to watch I am Legend or Seven

Mark, can you play a song on the guitar yet? I always wanted to learn to play but I have my motorbike love instead haha. I bake alot, I have my own baking business

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

I Am Legend, for sure

Not entire songs but I can play parts of quite a few songs

Icon by Worthyoflove
Old 10-25-2017, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Mark. I am Legend it is then!!

That's pretty cool! You should post your talent on YouTube

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh, I hate I Am Legend. I read the book and loved it, but the movie just made a mockery of the story. The book is a classic vampire apocalypse story. I saw the movie and I was like, where the fk are the vampires? Since when is Robert Neville a scientist? He's a military veteran. Why is the movie set in New York? It's supposed to be in Los Angeles. And they altered the entire story to the point where the title "I Am Legend" no longer had any relevance. Neville becomes a monster like the ones that he originally hunted. You have to read the story.

Well, I hope you get to see Happy Death Day, Mark.

The reviews for The Snowman haven't been good. The director himself said he wasn't able to finish making the movie he wanted to make, or stick to the original novel.

Yeah, Autumn is moving by really fast. But I'm just glad I'm off work for the week of Halloween.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

So you recommend that it's best to read the story before you watch the movie, huh?

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Oh Alex you and thqt having to stick to source material completely or else! Dun, dun dun. I don't really care about that stuff honestly as much as some, do. If I was a bigger fan of the book, maybe.

I didn't know The Snowman was even a novel I'm going to avoid reviews then, because some of those people get so pretentious about needing to follow every sentence of the book. I am completely ready for the new Halloween movie even though it's exactly a year away

I would, Vicki, but I wouldn't want to break YT. I'll record something and put it on a video hosting server, one day

Icon by Worthyoflove
Old 10-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, not if the movie is a good adaptation of the book, Vicki. I wouldn't ask anyone to read The Shining before seeing the movie.

Mark, the movie wasn't even a good adaptation of the book. I expect the story that the writer actually told to be immortalized on screen. But when the movie has absolutely nothing of the book on the screen, what's the point of even keeping the title? The Will Smith I Am Legend was just another version of The Omega Man. The only version of I Am Legend that got the story right was The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price. It's still the best movie version of the book. And the book was incredible, Mark, which is why it's irritating for me to know how good the movie could've been, but wasn't.

I suggest then that you avoid the reviews and just see The Snowman, Mark. Then you can let me know how it is.

I can't wait for the new Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis to come out next year.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Oh well, I guess me and you will never agree on that so it's not worth debating It's never that big of a deal to me and sticking to the source material completely is just something that I don't need to see or ever demand.

I avoid most of the time now anyways Seems like people like to tear things to shreds instead of actually enjoying the film/movie/TV show and would rather pick them apart instead of having fun. Oh well

I can't wait either, it's even better that John Carpenter is being involved I need to go see Jigsaw soon, too Might just go to the theater and see a couple movies on a day with horrible weather

Icon by Worthyoflove
Old 10-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I could see the movie unfolding in my head while I was reading the book, Mark, which is why I have issues with the movie they made. My version was a lot better. This is why I think I should've been in Hollywood.

Yeah, I prefer making my own opinions about a film without the critics. I've loved films critics hated, and I've hated films critics loved.

Yep, John Carpenter is executive producer and story consultant. I'm not too interested in Jigsaw, though. I saw the first two and that was enough for me.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, the Halloween movie sounds really promising. Especially since he's the story consultant and actually knows the history of HIS movie and can do more with it known it's history more than anything else.

I don't think you'd want to be in Hollywood. People would always find something to complain about and that's pretty much all they'd do Plus apparently you'd be in the headlines of multiple controversies, from what's happening lately.

Well I'm not going into Jigsaw with any expectations, that's for sure. It's just another entertaining gore flick for me, the series lost my admiration awhile ago.

Icon by Worthyoflove
Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I assure you that I wouldn't be involved in sexual harassment, Mark.

Well, I did like the first two Saw movies, but I just had no interest in seeing the others.

Oh, I loved Carpenter as a kid, although he really hasn't made a great film since Big Trouble In Little China in my opinion.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it matters, Alex. Sexual assault isn't a joke nor am I glorifying it but honestly I'm not too sure everyone that's being accused is truly guilty of something like that.

I love him, too. Halloween is definitely one of my favorites but there are really only a few other films I can credit him due by name.

TWD premier is getting ripped to shreds by a lot of people, I love it.

Icon by Worthyoflove
Old 10-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I'm sure that there's a lot of hysteria going on after the Weinstein scandal, Mark, but I wouldn't put myself in that situation anyway, even for a misunderstanding to happen.

Well, then I guess you'll like this.

'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Premiere Ratings | Hollywood Reporter

Oh, my favorite John Carpenter films are Halloween, Assault On Precinct 13, The Fog, Escape From New York, The Thing, Starman, and Big Trouble In Little China.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Ok guys it's been divine being here having our little posting party but I can't handle it anymore I gotta sleep
Have a great night. Wake me up when the crappy feeling is over be back very soon!!! Take care now

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, that's okay, Vicki. We love having you here. Just rest, take medicine and feel better soon, okay? Sleep well and goodnight!

I'll be back later, Mark! I have to go lie down myself. I had an exhausting day at work and I haven't even eaten dinner yet. I'll be back later! If you end up going to bed before I return, have a good night and sleep well!